Justice Department makes redacted Mar-a-Lago affidavit public

Scott

43 minutes ago, riclag said:

It was reported as a Prediction ,  !

it certainly wasn’t being reported As a mobster threat nor encouraging political violence,  like you have said or that others have claimed without evidence ! You and others would do yourself justice if you use the opinion other than provoking others into something that its not!

I don’t suppose  the FBI have any experience at all with prosecuting ‘mobster threats’, ‘criminal intimidation’ or obstruction of Justice’.

Never come across it, never prosecuted it, never secured a conviction.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

21 hours ago, billd766 said:

There are several posters on this forum and this thread who have many years of experience with the Justice Department and Law enforcement but you refuse to accept what they say simply because it does not agree with your bias.

Again, I think you are WRONG.  I have seen no posts from people who have represented themselves to be US atorneys or former justice department personnel. 

In the USA you have to have probable cause not "suspicion" in order to legally obtain a search warrant. 

Again, I don't believe that they can they hide and say oh but we don't have to tell you how or why we believe we have probable cause.  That is just an end around the 4th amendment that precludes unlawful search and siezures.  If a government can cloak itself in secrecy and not have to disclose probable cause it in effect has limitless power to conduct whatever searches and siezures it wants without having to prove it had probable cause. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Again, I think you are WRONG.  I have seen no posts from people who have represented themselves to be US atorneys or former justice department personnel. 

In the USA you have to have probable cause not "suspicion" in order to legally obtain a search warrant. 

Again, I don't believe that they can they hide and say oh but we don't have to tell you how or why we believe we have probable cause.  That is just an end around the 4th amendment that precludes unlawful search and siezures.  If a government can cloak itself in secrecy and not have to disclose probable cause it in effect has limitless power to conduct whatever searches and siezures it wants without having to prove it had probable cause. 

The Justice Dept did show probable cause to the Federal Magistrate. Which is what the 4th Amendment specifies.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons , houses , papers , and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

https://ij.org/issues/ijs-project-on-the-4th-amendment

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Isn't it the judge's job to assess whether there is sufficient probable cause? Are you also claiming the judge did not do his job properly?

• Like 2

Opinion: What if Trump's conspiracy was way bigger than we know?

There was, it increasingly appears, a conspiracy involving some in the most senior levels of the Trump administration to end American representative democracy and replace it with a strongman oligarchy along the lines of Putin’s Russia or Orbán’s Hungary.

This would be followed, after the January 20th swearing-in of Trump for a second term, by a complete realignment of US foreign policy away from NATO and the EU and toward oligarchic, autocratic nations like Russia, China, Saudi Arabia, and Hungary.

Evidence is growing, however, that the leadership of this conspiracy to end our form of government and replace it with a Putin-style strongman oligarchy wasn’t limited to Trump, Stone, Giuliani, and a few dozen militia members.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-seditious-conspiracy-2657964597/

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

McGeorge School of Law, Sacramento, CA.  You want my CA. BAR number also., obtained it in 2005 after passing my BAR Exam.  It doesn't matter to you because you know nothing of law, ethics or accountability something the Donald has none of.  My background is such that I also owned an investigations firm which I closed during Covid and was licensed out of Nevada as an LLC.

CA, BAR number, perhaps a copy of your CV or maybe some references from past employers. Obviously he will need to see your high school and other qualifications and of course your DNA so he can trace your ancestral history.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, johnnybangkok said:

CA, BAR number, perhaps a copy of your CV or maybe some references from past employers. Obviously he will need to see your high school and other qualifications and of course your DNA so he can trace your ancestral history.

As always he is deflecting instead of facing facts.

• Like 2

No wonder he spends all night posting on social, he sleeps alone ????

One additional thing we learned is that Melania’s defense to this whole thing is that she lives in a separate bedroom from Trump at Mar-a-Lago and would never allow him to bring anything in there.

While the former President Donald Trump has fumed about the FBI's search of Mar-a-Lago, former first lady Melania Trump has been quiet. CNN's Kate Bennett has new details of Mrs. Trump's reaction to the search.

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2022/08/30/melania-trump-mar-a-lago-fbi-search-bennett-new-day-sot-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/this-week-in-politics/

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Try to focus.

It’s about Trump.

It’s Trump who is under criminal investigation.

Focus now…. Focus!

• Haha 1