Enoch Powell, he wasnt wrong in his forecast !

CharlieH

21 minutes ago, proton said:

Still misquoting the speech when it's been posted ????

do you think that the difference is significant. If anything it's worse since he specifically refers to the Roman.

'As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."'

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

do you think that the difference is significant. If anything it's worse since he specifically refers to the Roman.

'As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."'

Tiber is in Rome mate, and is a river in the singular 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Where did you see a Sharia Law court, did you sit in on one of their cases....?

Is this CNN investigation false because you never saw it live...?

Enoch's thoughts have credence in todays UK, sadly 'some' folk here are deniers, but quick with the racist slurs....????

Wow! a video from 2013 which focused on what the reporter said were a handful of vigilante whose activities were condemned by Muslim leaders Five of them were arrested. 3 were sentenced to do time in jail.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, proton said:

The reference is to the civil war that would occur in the times of Vergil who wrote the Aeneid. Ya think he was writing about some kind of environmental disaster where an abattoir spills sheep blood into the river? Here's the quote in full

"Bella, horrida bella, Et Thybrim multo spumantem sanguine cerno"

I see wars, horrible wars and the Tiber foaming with blood

https://www.business-live.co.uk/economic-development/using-virgil-predict-apocalypse-3961872

49 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

That’s rather comical.

If you are trying to make a point you really should not mix your metaphors.

Stop trying to be clever it doesn't work for someone like you, my family in UK can confirm you have no idea. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What is your Families opinion ?

(BTW , if your Family disapproves of immigrants , how would they feel if you took an Asian Wife back to the UK ?) 

Don't know what you at my family has an opinion, so don't you try be clever with me either, my wife lived with me in UK for 2.1/2 years and my kids they luv her because she takes care of me and they are coming all 5 of em to see me and there step mum who they call mum the end of this month, so get knotted.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, proton said:

You are aware Enoch Powell was a classicist with a particular interest in rhetoric and oratory? 

He absolutely understood the use of rhetorical devices in political speech.

Which goes back to my earlier observation that Powell subverted his education and his intellect to engage in racism.

38 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Stop trying to be clever it doesn't work for someone like you, my family in UK can confirm you have no idea. 

What was it you were saying?

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

Don't know what you at my family has an opinion, so don't you try be clever with me either, my wife lived with me in UK for 2.1/2 years and my kids they luv her because she take are of me and they are coming all 5 of em to see me and there step mum who they call mum the end of this month, so get knotted.

You keep going on about how bad the U.K is , but you wont actually say what is wrong with it ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You are aware Enoch Powell was a classicist with a particular interest in rhetoric and oratory? 

He absolutely understood the use of rhetorical devices in political speech.

Which goes back to my earlier observation that Powell subverted his education and his intellect to engage in racism.

What was it you were saying?

You really are sad, please don't quote me anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Don't know what you at my family has an opinion, so don't you try be clever with me either, my wife lived with me in UK for 2.1/2 years and my kids they luv her because she takes care of me and they are coming all 5 of em to see me and there step mum who they call mum the end of this month, so get knotted.

While I agree with M.Mac on his point about your family’s views, which you yourself introduced into the discussion, I disagree that anyone should bring your wife or your relationship into the discussion where you have not.

So I agree with your objections on that.

I always advise against introducing family members into discussions, which in terms of your wife you did not.

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

While I agree with M.Mac on his point about your family’s views, which you yourself introduced into the discussion, I disagree that anyone should bring your wife or your relationship into the discussion where you have not.

So I agree with your objections on that.

I always advise against introducing family members into discussions, which in terms of your wife you did not.

There are some people who complain about immigrants /non White people living in the U.K and about foreigners taking over the U.K.

I just wondered how that fits in with those that married Asians and have non white children and live in the UK

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

There are some people who complain about immigrants /non White people living in the U.K and about foreigners taking over the U.K.

I just wondered how that fits in with those that married Asians and have non white children and live in the UK

I agree with that too.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

My answer to that is my family love my wife and she loves them  in the many yrs she lived in the UK she completely integrated and i mean completely  unlike the immigrants being discused here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

My answer to that is my family love my wife and she loves them  in the many yrs she lived in the UK she completely integrated and i mean completely  unlike the immigrants being discused here.

Oh so yours is a 'good' immigrant but all the others aren't? 

Edited by johnnybangkok
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, bert bloggs said:

Why does it bother you that some immigrants may choose not to integrate totally?  Like it or not, the UK is a multi-cultural society and all the better for it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, placeholder said:

Wow! a video from 2013 which focused on what the reporter said were a handful of vigilante whose activities were condemned by Muslim leaders Five of them were arrested. 3 were sentenced to do time in jail.

Yes, 60 years after the OP subject, he was right......????

14 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What is your Families opinion ?

(BTW , if your Family disapproves of immigrants , how would they feel if you took an Asian Wife back to the UK ?) 

She won't turn up in a rubber dinghy with her hand out, but she will have a smartphone like the paddlers..................????

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You think a handful of Muslim extremists proves his contentions?

it was his vision, he was right...................????

Has the UK streets seen murder by home grown foreign rooted extremists in the UK..?

Just a Yes or No will do..

Is the UK Secret Service spending zillions on following foreign rooted home grown and other extremists around....?

Yes or No will do..... 

1 hour ago, transam said:

it was his vision, he was right...................????

Has the UK streets seen murder by home grown foreign rooted extremists in the UK..?

Just a Yes or No will do..

Is the UK Secret Service spending zillions on following foreign rooted home grown and other extremists around....?

Yes or No will do..... 

https://time.com/5681199/uk-far-right-terrorism/