Fourth COVID vaccine shot substantially reduces risk of pneumonitis and death

webfact

52 minutes ago, Kevin Taylor said:

How do they come up with these numbers ? Everyone has had covid now so who are they comparing the data against.

My wife and I we have not had Covid also many we know have not, but I have had 2 vaccines and 3 boosters

Edited by perconrad
More info
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, onthedarkside said:

Here's the MoPH announcement of their latest vaccine effectiveness results for May through July,

Note that they're talking about the effectiveness of the vaccines in preventing serious illness (first % line in the graphic) and death (second % line in the graphic) -- not about the vaccines' ability to prevent asymptomatic or minor symptom infections.

325998249_2022-09-01THMOPHVaccineEffectivenessBA4-5May-June2022againstintubationanddeath.jpg.b37f1d6a2f02ac846e0f6c5f24c89284.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/634986981452963/?type=3

image.png.a2bffbd43c04aa8d702395325d9f7b91.png

Don't do f-book, nor shall.

Not to mention, in addition to the discomfort of the device itself, traipsing across virtual worlds made me wildly motion sick. Every 30-minute session left me feeling truly horrendous. As I write this, I took off my Oculus headset almost an hour ago, and my eyes are still having trouble focusing.

https://slate.com/technology/2022/09/facebook-metaverse-zuckerberg-horizon-worlds-josh-gondelman.html

image.png.96a55f80c212115b3c9ca06d109eee78.png

39 minutes ago, Gknrd said:

I will be belling up for the next shot as soon as I get back to the states. I got covid here about a month ago and already had 3 shots. Personally I believe it saved my bacon , with out a doubt.

fyi, the FDA policy in the US regarding the new 2nd gen booster shot, once it becomes available soon, is that recipients should have had at least a two-month break since any prior COVID vaccination.

• Like 1

I got my 3rd shot of Pfizer in March, got omi  in May all while living here in Thailand.

I wanted to rough it without the help of meds but my Welch friend suggested to take the Govts anti viral drug favipiravir to lessen the duration of Omi.

Im glad I took the antiviral drug mfg in Japan used here in Thailand . Omi only attacked my muscles , no fever or respiratory problems. 
I dont know what saved me from serious covid illness but

No 4th shot for me , I’ll try just the antivirals favipiravir  the next time.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

At what point do we start depending on a healthy immune system?

1. not everyone has a "healthy immune system," especially since natural immunity tends to weaken in general as people get older. And those older people are the ones who most frequently end up dying from COVID.

2. show me some credible research that having a "healthy immune system" alone, in the absence of any COVID vaccinations or prior infection based immunity, is equally protective against COVID?

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, onthedarkside said:

1958337002_2022-09-01THMOPHVaccineEffectivenessBA4-5May-June2022againstintubationanddeath.jpg.ae2c582c466e369649a3cb8f4884fa4d.jpg

Thanks, have to confess my inability to read Thai, in addition to my other social challenges, but given the context, made the intellectual leap required to spot the percentages.

8 minutes ago, mahtin said:

Thanks, have to confess my inability to read Thai, in addition to my other social challenges, but given the context, made the intellectual leap required to spot the percentages.

Same info/details as in the text of the OP news report,  just in graphic form.

From my original post of the graphic:

"Note that they're talking about the effectiveness of the vaccines in preventing serious illness (first % line in the graphic) and death (second % line in the graphic) -- not about the vaccines' ability to prevent asymptomatic or minor symptom infections."

Unfortunately, Thai MoPH oftentimes doesn't produce their info materials in EN language form.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, onthedarkside said:

"Note that they're talking about the effectiveness of the vaccines in preventing serious illness (first % line in the graphic) and death (second % line in the graphic) -- not about the vaccines' ability to prevent asymptomatic or minor symptom infections."

Well, that's progress of a sort.

5 hours ago, Kevin Taylor said:

Everyone has had covid now

With the greatest respect, proof please. I have not knowingly become infected with Covid-19. I have never been tested as I have never felt unwell. I have never experienced any symptoms other than a mild cold which a hot coffee and a paracetamol relieved. My body temperature was always in the range 36 to 37 (normal). I no longer wear a mask but do regularly wash my hands. Personally, I regard myself as never being a Covid-19 patient. I have had 4 "jabs" so far. 2 starters of Sinovac, then first booster Sinovac and second booster Pfizer. Due third booster shortly.

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

46 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Of course a strong immune system helps one to fight Covid.

I never said it didn't (help improve one's risks with COVID). But your response above notably didn't actually answer the question I asked you... since your answer sidestepped it.

What I asked you was:

show me some credible research that having a "healthy immune system" alone, in the absence of any COVID vaccinations or prior infection based immunity, is equally protective against COVID [compared to being vaccinated]?

And the article you linked above doesn't address that question at all... nor does it even say that having good gut bacteria prevents COVID.

Rather, it says only:

"New research, which has not yet been peer reviewed, shows the presence of certain bacteria in the gut may reveal which people are more vulnerable to a more severe case of COVID-19."

I seriously doubt you'll find any credible research anywhere that says having a "healthy gut" alone is comparable protection to being fully vaccinated for COVID.

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

It does not matter if it is comparable, or not.

I'm all for people being "healthy". But that aside, it matters A LOT when people try to use the "healthy lifestyle" argument as the basis for opposing COVID vaccinations or suggesting they're not needed if you're "healthy."  There's no credible science that supports that notion.

As for the rest of your post, it's nonsense. All the major public health agencies have been publicly and loudly saying since the beginning of COVID that people with various chronic conditions are at greater risk of poor outcomes if infected with COVID. Pretty much everyone knows that, and not many folks arguing on that point. But it's been discussed A LOT!

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1