German claims he was warned off by police from pursuing his political protests against acting PM

webfact

16 minutes ago, Gerard052 said:

Why should she be?

why do you think ?   because you have a forieghner idiot who is on a visa that is not PR so how the heck can he protest about this Government,  he's lucky to be allowed in for god sake ....   I say deport him.   Other countries would for sure.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gerard052 said:

Which country are you from?

U.S.

I wouldn't risk getting deported from Thailand protesting against the government.  

I don't really care.  It's up to the Thais to seal thier fate. 

There's been warnings ⚠️ against that in the past.

"Foreigners again warned against participating in rallies".

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/30226328

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I'm glad that you can at least admit that you are wrong. :thumbsup:

If you thought that my statement referred to every.single.one of the 70 million Thais, then you're right and I'm wrong. Congrats. 

13 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

The rest of your comment is nonsense

I assume you're referring to this?

14 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

In my experience having a foreigner lecture a citizen on what's wrong with their country very often results in a citizen who disagrees with that sentiment being more offended than if they had received a similar lecture from a fellow citizen. Regardless of whether they are Thai, European or American. 

Let me elaborate. The Thai wife and I were in Chonburi January 2020 - mid 2021. During that period you may recall that there were massive anti-junta protests in Bangkok. The wife desperately wanted to attend several of them but couldn't convince Thai friends or family to accompany her to Bangkok. So she asked me to. I agree with her Thai politics but feel that I should not broadcast those opinions publicly in my name (which is different than stating them anonymously on this forum). So our compromise was that I would travel to Bangkok with her, accompany her to the outskirts of protest sites, and then return to a nearby hotel (after a quick stop at a few of my favorite Bangkok venues ????).

In the process of accompanying a Thai woman dressed in black "Democracy" adorned shirts to protest sites, I got many suspicious stares and angry glares. Police at vehicle barricades wouldn't give the wife a second glance but would all focus their attention at me; would the farang dare pass the barricade and enter the protest site? I had yellow shirt counter protesters focus their attention at me, in normal street clothes, while ignoring dozens of Thais in black garb. I had many angry diatribes shouted at me, but never any show of support for being in the vicinity of protests.

That doesn't mean that no farang was ever welcomed by any Thai during the protests. But from my personal experience the majority of Thais were displeased with my being near the protest site even though I made no attempt to make any political statement. And the wife, who initially wanted me to attend the protests, quickly changed her opinion and agreed that I should stay away and not get involved. 

Internationally, in US elections, any attempt from from a non citizen to offer support of an American politician is greeted with much suspicion. Why is this Chinese/Canadian/Japanese etc person getting involved? What's the ulterior motive which will benefit the foreigner's country or circumstance? To avoid misunderstanding, this is not universal. Not EVERY American is suspicious of foreigner's statements about US politics. But it's common enough for politicians to avoid touting foreign endorsements. I believe this to be largely true in Europe as well. 

Similarly the Junta often accused the 2020 Democracy protesters of being driven by "foreign influencers". Which possibly caused many Thais to want farangs to stay away from protest sites, as an affirmation that theirs was a Thai and not foreign influenced cause.

Edited by ftpjtm

On 9/3/2022 at 3:00 AM, webfact said:

German national says he was told that if he continued such activities, he ran the risk of losing his visa

I said this in a previous post related this crazy person. 

I'm confused why foreigners come to this beautiful place and get involved with politics.

I see many negative political comments from AN members when reading articles regarding the government. It's really strange, not normal to me, it's foolish and childish to get involved, bloody rediculous. 

Everyone foreigner that has made Thailand their home is aware (or should have been) of Thailand's political history and government issues. 

Why relocate here if you disagree with the system Thailand has? 

Don't get involved....... if you want to be a troublemaker, complain, annoy everyone, moan, whinge, whine go back to your home country and get involved with political nonsense.

Please, do us normal people a favor, us normal people that choose to live in this beautiful country, take yourself, your whinging and whining back to your home country, let us peace living citizens live here in peace, I'm fed up with the moaners. 

I hope this crazy German loses his permission to stay in Thailand, there's plenty of normal people wanting to make Thailand their home, let's get rid of the weirdos, I'm fed up with the boat rockers, troublemakers go home. 

You strange people have screwed up your country back home, now you want to screw up Thailand. 

I left Australia because of these fools. 

I like Thailand, it's not perfect but no such place. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Germany is riddled with political problems- let him go back there. No foreigners should get involved  in politics in Thailand-

Agree. 

Germany and many western countries because these countries are riddled with these strange people, many people like this pumpkin guy, so many with mental health issues. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

But while meaningless to the Thai political system, having a foreigner publicly criticize their country is offensive. A situation not unique to Thailand. 

In fairness, he is criticizing Prayut and Prawit, two individuals....not the entire country. 

1 hour ago, Orinoco said:

s.JPG

It's the crazies, like pumpkin man, foreigners who get involved with Thai politics. I'd like to know how many other pumpkins are here in Thailand, bloody scary having loonies living amongst us. 

How rediculous, pathetic, wasting his time on something he has no say in or has no control over. 

Send him and all the other lunatics to the asylum. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, jonclark said:

In fairness, he is criticizing Prayut and Prawit, two individuals....not the entire country. 

To supporters of those 2 individuals, he is by extension criticizing the country. 

On 9/4/2022 at 12:13 AM, ftpjtm said:

Internationally, in US elections, any attempt from from a non citizen to offer support of an American politician is greeted with much suspicion. Why is this Chinese/Canadian/Japanese etc person getting involved? What's the ulterior motive which will benefit the foreigner's country or circumstance? To avoid misunderstanding, this is not universal. Not EVERY American is suspicious of foreigner's statements about US politics. But it's common enough for politicians to avoid touting foreign endorsements. I believe this to be largely true in Europe as well. 

I had the opposite experience. 

I once took part in protests against goverment policies in the US as a foreigner. I even helped the Amrrican activists to organize protests. 

The other protesters didn't care about my nationality.

The police didn't care either. 

There were demonstrators in favor of the government policy and I had some lively discussions with them.  From my accent it was quite clear where I was from.  But I never heard anything like "you are not even American" or  " your own goverment does the same" (true). They didn't care about my nationality either.

Edited by Lorry

36 minutes ago, Lorry said:

I had the opposite experience. 

I once took part in protests against goverment policies in the US as a foreigner. I even helped the Amrrican activists to organize protests. 

The other protesters didn't care about my nationality.

The police didn't care either. 

There were demonstrators in favor of the government policy and I had some lively discussions with them.  From my accent it was quite clear where I was from.  But I never heard anything like "you are not even American" or  " your own goverment does the same" (true). They didn't care about my nationality either.

Did no one tell you that you are a guest in their country and have no right to an opinion ?

Or tell you, if you don’t like it go home ???

Y’know... just like the geniuses do on this forum ???

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Did no one tell you that you are a guest in their country and have no right to an opinion ?

Or tell you, if you don’t like it go home ???

No one suggested anything like that.

I was treated on the merits of our case, by the fellow protesters, by the police (I learned the word "state troopers"), by the people supporting the government policy.

• Like 2