What do you make of this diet?

You need to find a diet that match your lifestyle and what you need and what's easily accessible for you to maintain a healthy lifestyle that suits you.

An active younger guy compared to one who never walk a mile a day? 

For him, he is obviously on the extreme side of what considered healthy in the long run! 

280k follow him and 56millions views, so obviously something people are interested in.

I do not like 

It is more his exercise, genetics and a weight lifting routine that make him look cut.  If you eat that diet and do nothing else, you will not have that physique.  And,  those organ meats look and taste terrible I think, makes me sick to even smell them.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 2009 said:

So, this doctor just eats: meat, fruit, eggs, milk, and honey.

Claims vegetables are bad.

He looks good for his age. 45

What do you reckon?

Interesting video, thanks for sharing.

My take is that not everyone is the same, sure at 45 he looks lean, and I would put that down to his carb and protein intake, very little fats, unless I missed something.

He has a good level of carbs 150-200 and his protein is probably equal to that judging on the meat and organs he eats.

The above said, as he mentioned he surfs, so he will be burning up carbs, and when depleted, his body will take from his muscle so he will need to work out so that you don't see the muscle loss, hence the reason he is lean.

If it works for him, good for him, personally, I stay in the range of 150 carbs, 150 protein protein and 40 fats, that said, I do also tweak things once a month to up to 198 carbs, 150 protein and 20 fats. It all depends on what you want to do, maintain your weight, build muscle or become lean, that said, without resistance training and some cardio, eating above those macros your going to put on weight, if you maintain those macros you will maintain your weight but will lose muscle, age also has a lot to do with it as do genetics.

I still eat what I want, you know the "bad carbs" the processed ones, but everything in moderation as it's made at home, my wife controls what goes into it, as for eating take away, not into that because we don't know what it's made of, cooked with etc.

I would take a guess his body fat is around 10% kudos to him, I'm 20% at 183cm tall so I do look skinny-ish so to speak, albeit it age (60's) does show your fat in certain areas, e.g. love handles, slight belly, chest, it all depends if you want to push yourself hard to have a certain look, for me, I prefer the natural/healthy look without the aches and pains, lets not kid ones self, not getting any younger and maintaining ones health is more important to me than looking lean and suffering, i.e. reducing my intake on food anymore than I have to 1,760 calories per day, especially when you I won't sacrifice more to look like that, for what, health is optimal and less damage to ones comfortable lifestyle in retirement age, besides I enjoy my foods, which is not much at those macro's.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Very boring diet, i guess he's just trying to be different to get views. Meat, eggs, milk all questionable

I'd agree.

YouTube has plenty of videos on keto  and Paleo etc etc, but this guy's approach is a little different.

There are alot of diets out there these days. This one is not nearly as difficult as a vegan diet. Every time I travel I am thankful not to have to endure the nightmare of struggling to find something I can eat! Can't even imagine the challenge. Non gluten too. I get the benefit. But, at what price? 

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

people like intermittent fasting because they can stuff their faces when it's time to eat. Might lose weight but not great for overall health

Once or two times a year would not hurt, or limited diet say 3 months no carbs as I have done before, which made me loose 16 kg and had energy surplus during the loss. But year around ? No

Let's see what he looks like at age 79, not 45.

Honey is 40% fructose, 30% glucose. Fruit is mainly fructose.

IMO it's a pretty good diet for developing Type 2 diabetes. And constipation, if his only source of fibre is fruit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Let's see what he looks like at age 79, not 45.

Honey is 40% fructose, 30% glucose. Fruit is mainly fructose.

IMO it's a pretty good diet for developing Type 2 diabetes. And constipation, if his only source of fibre is fruit.

Fibre slows down absorption of fructose.

Humans dont need fibre.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, voulez vous said:

Try the French diet.

Natural food like onions, olives, dates,figs and garlic. If you feel the yearning for meat then snails and frogs are fine.

Eating big animals like pigs and cows will be outlawed soon. Milk is also due to be eliminated. Cow's milk at least.

They are fat

• Like 1

Just another one of thousand of stupid 'healthy diet, look good' diets that people will fall for in the hope of getting thin and not ageing.  Surely by now people must stop falling for this stuff ...!!

I am the same age as that guy.  I eat all sorts of stuff, including sugary sweets, chocolate and large brandies.  I am slim, and toned, and people always think I am much younger than I am.  

I never go to a gym, don't lift weights or do regular exercise.  

My secret ...eat in moderation a varied diet and do not sit on your backside all day...just do some walking and easy relaxing cycling or swimming most days...to stay moderately active.

That's all anyone needs to do.

Getting fat is due to just easting too much food.

You have to enjoy what you eat...or why be alive??  

Just use common sense and don't eat too much junk food or binge out on big meals too often. 

Edited by jak2002003
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Just another one of thousand of stupid 'healthy diet, look good' diets that people will fall for in the hope of getting thin and not ageing.  Surely by now people must stop falling for this stuff ...!!

I am the same age as that guy.  I eat all sorts of stuff, including sugary sweets, chocolate and large brandies.  I am slim, and toned, and people always think I am much younger than I am.  

I never go to a gym, don't lift weights or do regular exercise.  

My secret ...eat in moderation a varied diet and do not sit on your backside all day...just do some walking and easy relaxing cycling or swimming most days...to stay moderately active.

That's all anyone needs to do.

Getting fat is due to just easting too much food.

You have to enjoy what you eat...or why be alive??  

Just use common sense and don't eat too much junk food or binge out on big meals too often. 

So he is stronger than you

11 hours ago, Hummin said:

Once or two times a year would not hurt, or limited diet say 3 months no carbs as I have done before, which made me loose 16 kg and had energy surplus during the loss. But year around ? No

I fast most days. Eat 2pm to 7pm. Feel better. Not bad for you. 

Ive just given up ice cream. 

11 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

They are fat

Indeed! But a look at the nature of fats and protein will unravel some interesting truths.

The snail moves slowly. It's muscles are mostly slow-twitch in nature. Not 100% because it has to have the ability to pull its head into its shell quite quickly.

The frog, on the other hand, is full of fast-twitch fibres, I'm not sure ifs that's fast-twitch 'a' or fast-twitch 'b' fibrils. But the tongue of the frog is almost 100% fast-twitch, as are its legs.

Anyway, the ideal diet is a combination of all the different foods that nature has to offer. Snails, frogs, insects and of course fish and birds. Throw in a few vegetables, fruit and fungi, and there's a good eating plan available for anyone.

We French are very food conscious. A meal can last hours and can be romantic. So we don't rush, and that helps keep the kiloes off.

Edited by voulez vous
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, voulez vous said:

Indeed! But a look at the nature of fats and protein will unravel some interesting truths.

The snail moves slowly. It's muscles are mostly slow-twitch in nature. Not 100% because it has to have the ability to pull its head into its shell quite quickly.

The frog, on the other hand, is full of fast-twitch fibres, I'm not sure ifs that's fast-twitch 'a' or fast-twitch 'b' fibrils. But the tongue of the frog is almost 100% fast-twitch, as are its legs.

Anyway, the ideal diet is a combination of all the different foods that nature has to offer. Snails, frogs, insects and of course fish and birds. Throw in a few vegetables, fruit and fungi, and there's a good eating plan available for anyone.

We French are very food conscious. A meal can last hours and can be romantic. So we don't rush, and that helps keep the kiloes off.

Not seen any street food frogs lately

• Like 1