Huge Flood In Pattaya Today

juiso

Just now, voulez vous said:

Can say that is news to me about urban drainage and irrigation. Thanks. As for the GDP; Thailand is awash with money. Like so many countries it is poorly distributed.

Anyhow; when the causeway is built from Sattahip to Hua Hin, and the water drained, the flooding in Pattaya should cease.

The finest example is Ankhor Wat and environs but the khlongs in Bangkok are extensive as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I drove in Sunday morning about 9am... do you mean like 1am -2am or so....? I walked around Buakhao and it was ok.. This rainy season has me worried. 

by 6am Sunday morning it had been raining for a few hours, maybe dry a few hours later. Sunday evening started raining again to morning, heavy hence the flooding

3 hours ago, voulez vous said:

Anyhow; when the causeway is built from Sattahip to Hua Hin, and the water drained, the flooding in Pattaya should cease.

Is that supposed to be some kind of off the wall joke?  A causeway across about 80 km of  the gulf. That blocks the ports.IMG20220905163610.thumb.jpg.6146eb36f79aad004317cd533ea094e4.jpg

Edited by morrobay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Is that supposed to be some kind of off the wall joke?  A causeway across about 80 km of  the gulf. That blocks the ports.IMG20220905163610.thumb.jpg.6146eb36f79aad004317cd533ea094e4.jpg

thats a new one on me as well. however, any updates on the Pattaya monorail that was proposed in 2006... ?

edit... BTW speaking of 2006, wasn't that when soi honey was dug up for new drainage pipes to help the problem of soi buakhao flooding in that area... ( similar to soi 15 of recent weeks).

Edited by jastheace
edit

1 hour ago, morrobay said:

Is that supposed to be some kind of off the wall joke?

39 minutes ago, jastheace said:

thats a new one on me as well.

Was in the news the other day. A suggestion to create a freshwater lake or something to change the ecology........Start of the climate change argument  discussion.........

10 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Thais and the Khmers were world leaders in urban drainage and irrigation for centuries. The xenophobic notion that they are behind the curve really isn't true. All they lack is the GDP of more developed nations.

Never knew that. Good to hear. I suppose in an area that is Monsoonal followed by a lengthy dry (very very hot) spell, the proper distribution and storage of the water would have been a Priority for the survival for the population. "Necessity is the Mother of invention" as they say.

On 9/5/2022 at 8:42 AM, jacko45k said:

Probably not, I suspect they are already filled with sand. 

wait long enough they will be filled with fat balls ( remember the sidewalk vendors and every restaurant kitchen dumps there used oil down the drain or empties it into drainage grid ! )

13 hours ago, Jen65 said:

wait long enough they will be filled with fat balls ( remember the sidewalk vendors and every restaurant kitchen dumps there used oil down the drain or empties it into drainage grid ! )

I thought they could get money for it..... my Mrs keeps it.

39 minutes ago, Seppius said:

I thought they dug it up a few years ago and put big drain pipes in

they put some drains in but now water can't drain away quick enough, partly because not enough proper drain holes, also probably full anyway, as usual they haven't designed it properly and so keeps flooding

• Like 1