Dogs chasing motorbikes

Seppius

Just seems in the last few weeks this is happening more to me.

The other day I was riding from Bali Hai around up to the Lighthouse, and a pack of 5 chased me, a bit scary at the time, snapping at my legs., Also happened in some of the small soi's off Pratumnak 5 and 6

A friend of mine was bit a few days ago in a similar situation.

Maybe they migrated up and over from the Rawaii Phuket Area.  14 years ago when I li ed in Chali g and we would drive to the Laguna complex in Rawaii we would get chased ......funny how the dogs sleep in the middle of Thai roads.....

16 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Most will be shocked if you break hard/stop and turn to them.

I always fear getting a nip from one of them, what choice does one have but to go get an expensive course of rabies shots. Most packs seem to ignore bikes around my area but get a little more aggressive at night. Should not be happening in the tourist areas.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Seppius said:

Just seems in the last few weeks this is happening more to me.

The other day I was riding from Bali Hai around up to the Lighthouse, and a pack of 5 chased me, a bit scary at the time, snapping at my legs., Also happened in some of the small soi's off Pratumnak 5 and 6

A friend of mine was bit a few days ago in a similar situation.

A couple of dogs in the same Bali Hai area were suddenly running alongside my bike. Almost without thinking, I shouted at the them and then stopped abruptly, got off the bike and stalked them for a few seconds. They ran away up the hill.

I only realised afterwards that they were only chasing me because they smelled the chicken hanging on my bike and they wanted to be first in line if I was giving it out. ????

• Like 1