Any problem when stop using visa agent?

I have been using an agent to get retirement extension on an OA visa for the last few years. I am now returning to Thailand after a few months in the UK with a new non O visa and plan to apply for the retirement extension myself but wonder if there will be any problem that I used an agent previously ( i think it will be obvious) and what should i say if they refer to it?  i havent been keeping 800,000 baht in my bank but i dont know if that will matter as its a new visa and hopefully can start the process from scratch? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

DIY extensions are 1900 baht. 

90 Day reports online, free. :thumbsup: 

1900 baht + opportunity cost + inconvenience+ etc.

I assume your reply was for the poster that asked this ..

"Any help on what fees the Agency used to charge?"

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I don't use an agent never have.

I used money in bank method for extensions retirement.

Well if i mixed you up with a different poster, i do apologize. but only for that.

I have made a mistake before,  it was 18 June 1981.

I was incorrect that day. 

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I see not reason to you you to have a problem doing the application yourself since you will starting all over again with a new non-o visa.

What if instead, during the 15 months of non o and visa, you have been banking in by foreign transfer 65K + monthly, meeting that requirement for a year plus and you want to renew and apply without the agent.  How and when to proceed?

3 minutes ago, LatPhrao said:

What if instead, during the 15 months of non o and visa, you have been banking in by foreign transfer 65K + monthly, meeting that requirement for a year plus and you want to renew and apply without the agent.  How and when to proceed?

That should work as 12-13 months of over 65ks, I switched by ensuring i had the 800k for the duration, no need for a new non imm O.

If it doesn't work, worse case is agent for another year

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LatPhrao said:

Immigration will check to see if you complied with requirement to keep the 800k baht in the bank for 3 months after you last application and then 400k baht for the remainder of the year. If not they would not do the extension using he 65k baht income option.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration will check to see if you complied with requirement to keep the 800k baht in the bank for 3 months after you last application and then 400k baht for the remainder of the year. If not they would not do the extension using he 65k baht income option.

This is not meant to be a snide remark, but doesn't this make the 65K baht / month method a ruse - and a useless one as a stand alone means of getting a visa?  Leaving an applicant with just two options - 800K baht then 400 K baht or an agent visa?

14 hours ago, LatPhrao said:

This is not meant to be a snide remark, but doesn't this make the 65K baht / month method a ruse - and a useless one as a stand alone means of getting a visa?  Leaving an applicant with just two options - 800K baht then 400 K baht or an agent visa?

The proof for the previous year is only needed when changing from the 800k baht option to 65k baht of income.

If you wanted to avoid the proof you leave and re-enter the country without a re-entry permit and get a non-o visa to start all over again using the income option.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, arithai12 said:

A friend of mine who didn't have the 800k got the extension from an agent, but had quite a few sleepless nights every time he was preparing to travel.

That's his mental issues alone, no need for that.

I prefer the 800k method but the agent method fills a gap for many, all Immigration are involved, that's what many farang don't understand 

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SiamAndy said:

I just emailed one in C.M, and they wanted 35,000. I'll be doing it myself at that price.

That price probably includes extras like opening a bank account, TM30, etc. But I agree, very expensive.

• Like 1