Any problem when stop using visa agent?

14 hours ago, arithai12 said:

A friend of mine who didn't have the 800k got the extension from an agent, but had quite a few sleepless nights every time he was preparing to travel. Also remember the plight of those caught in the Phuket bust. All it takes is one Big Joke who decides to shake up one Immigration office.

The extension you get is still a legitimate extension, it just went higher up the chain for approval. There wasn't a "bust" in Phuket, a bogus agent took peoples money and did a runner.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

90 day reports usually offered for free, any agent charging is just milking it

A foreigner friend here needed a retirement visa after returning from abroad.

He tried to do that by himself, then realized that he was out of time, dealing with IO asking for this and that. He went to see an Agent, the same I use, and appears that since he had only a few days remaining on his stamp, the use of the local immigration office was not possible. Meaning that he would have to do 9 day reporting at a different Immigration Office. Seems like in this instance, using the Agent for this service is preferable, if not a must.

The Agent might ask a fee for these additional services...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What is a 15 month visa?

I assume you mean applying for a non-o visa that allows 90 day stay and then a one year extension of stay of the 90 days.

A lot of the agents, when you first use them, manage to get you a 3 month O plus 12 month extension all on the same day. The day you get your passport back, its 15 months till next extension.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

A lot of the agents, when you first use them, manage to get you a 3 month O plus 12 month extension all on the same day. The day you get your passport back, its 15 months till next extension.

That is not a 15 month visa. It is a 90 stay from a non-o visa and a one year extension of stay.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not a 15 month visa. It is a 90 stay from a non-o visa and a one year extension of stay.

Yes, that right, but lots of guys using agents are getting 15 months each time they renew with an agent. So as far as they are concerned you get 15 months, and incorrectly refer to it as a visa.

They are the same guys who literally think the agents office, is the immigration office.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, SiamAndy said:

I just emailed one in C.M, and they wanted 35,000. I'll be doing it myself at that price.

There's always agents trying to milk it, 26k + re-entry is the right answer, you can even use one in Pattaya, maybe keep looking in Chiang Mai first

42 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

A foreigner friend here needed a retirement visa after returning from abroad.

He tried to do that by himself, then realized that he was out of time, dealing with IO asking for this and that. He went to see an Agent, the same I use, and appears that since he had only a few days remaining on his stamp, the use of the local immigration office was not possible. Meaning that he would have to do 9 day reporting at a different Immigration Office. Seems like in this instance, using the Agent for this service is preferable, if not a must.

The Agent might ask a fee for these additional services...

Yes fair enough if the person has screwed up by not planning ahead

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

There's always agents trying to milk it, 26k + re-entry is the right answer, you can even use one in Pattaya, maybe keep looking in Chiang Mai first

I think you will find 30k+ extension is already a Chaing Mai agent using a Pattaya agent. 10k for each agent and 10k for immigration.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Not each time, first time 15 months, then subsequent extensions 12 months

I think some of them do a fresh one each year, Possibly to get around last years seasoning not being met. I have a friend here in Pattaya, on his 3rd 15 month stay.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes fair enough if the person has screwed up by not planning ahead

Oh come on now...

This fellow was finally able to come back here to his wife, after waiting for an opportunity, and a flight...

How about Io trying a bit more compassion and understanding for a change.....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I think some of them do a fresh one each year, Possibly to get around last years seasoning not being met. I have a friend here in Pattaya, on his 3rd 15 month stay.

A fresh one would be 26k+ each 15 months, why would any sane man do that?  vs 12.5k a year? remember with an agent there is no seasoning

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

Oh come on now...

This fellow was finally able to come back here to his wife, after waiting for an opportunity, and a flight...

How about Io trying a bit more compassion and understanding for a change.....

Point is, which you've missed, is if you do things wrongly expect to pay more which is fair enough

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Point is, which you've missed, is if you do things wrongly expect to pay more which is fair enough

Well, I have not missed anything.

This fellow did not think that he was doing something 'wrong'. It seemed to him that there was enough time. But this time was spent by IO asking for additional docs every time he showed up at the IO.

So he HAD to go to an Agent. pay more. And then the real question is, why was it possible at a distant Immigration Office, and not at his local one?

How can someone plan when hurdles come popping up...

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I am wondering how on earth that can be achieved without huge cost, and I have never heard of that being done. Unless you are willing to leave (without a re-entry permit) and return visa exempt, there is no legal way of getting a new Non O visa. If an agent is making you do that, you are being scammed. It is absolutely routine to do an agent assisted retirement extension without meeting the previous year's financial requirements. The alternative to forcing you to do a border bounce for a visa exempt entry would be faking the exit and return, something that used to be possible cheaply many years ago, but which is now only ever done at great expense by a very few agents as part of the clearing of a long overstay without blacklisting.

10 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

The extension you get is still a legitimate extension, it just went higher up the chain for approval. There wasn't a "bust" in Phuket, a bogus agent took peoples money and did a runner.

Not legitimate if the extension is from a province other than the one you live in

• Like 1

On 9/8/2022 at 11:06 AM, problemfarang said:

but we need to connect visas because you left the country on non-o visa and came back with non-b. i have no idea what is the connection..

I believe it is the change from marriage to another extension.  I was required to have my wife visit immigration when made the change from marriage to retirement.  Reason given is joint property laws of Thailand they need spouse to know that a change has been made and (partner may be planning an exit?).  As travel made wife ill (main reason changing) they would accept doctors certificate if she unable attend - wife made the trip and don't believe they even spoke to her.  

• Like 1