Return flight missed first leg.

DrJack54

So had return flight Melbourne to Bangkok and return Bangkok to Melbourn.

I missed the first trip Melb to Bangkok 

Does that mean the return is also lost.

To my surprise the return flight still appears on my Jetstar "next trips" 

Mind you the Melb to Bangkok was only yesterday Sept 8..

TIA

41 minutes ago, Muzzique said:

Sorry, but missing the first leg (or any leg)  it cancels all the following flights.

The exception being if you manage to get them to move the flights because you had a problem and continue the leg again. That can be done but you need a good reason. You cannot pick up in the middle of a journey unless you have arrived on the previous leg.

If you can call them and tell them you missed the flight due to some problem and ask them politely if they can move it you might regain all the flights again.

That's up to customer services.

One piece of advice i can give people is that if you book a flight that transits through Bangkok and then delay the following leg for say 2 weeks and the return for 2 weeks you can actually get a really good extended 2 country 4 week holiday for the same price as a price as a return to Bangkok.

I book from Dusseldorf to Hong Kong on Emirates with a transit in Bangkok. I then delay my connecting flight from Bangkok for 2 weeks before booking.

The price to Hong Kong is the same as to Bangkok so I get the benefit of a 2 stay holiday, 2 weeks in Thailand and 2 weeks in Hong Kong, for the same price as a return to Bangkok would cost me.

All wrong advice for the OP. You should have noted my post before pressing SUBMIT

9 minutes ago, sead said:

No. You only loose your ticket if you have 2 or more connected flights from Austr to Bkk. Let's say you skip the first then the other 2 following is also skipped by company

Seems people are just making it up as they go along :whistling:

5 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Depends on how the flight was sold. Low cost airlines are often point to point; so flights are sold as two one way flights.

Don't know anything about JetStar, but if they conform to the low cost model, then the return flight may not be affected.

Not "point to point" if sold as a return under the same locator (PNR} ,

5 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Depends on how the flight was sold. Low cost airlines are often point to point; so flights are sold as two one way flights.

Don't know anything about JetStar, but if they conform to the low cost model, then the return flight may not be affected.

Possible confirmation: https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2541670

1 minute ago, Bruno123 said:

Seems people are just making it up as they go along :whistling:

Seems you keep posting that everywhere, while having very little knowledge yourself. What he writes actually does occur when it is checked in as 1 flight, you do not get a new boarding pass or separate checkin for that during a few hour transit.

• Like 1

Just now, ChaiyaTH said:

Seems you keep posting that everywhere, while having very little knowledge yourself. What he writes actually does occur when it is checked in as 1 flight, you do not get a new boarding pass or separate checkin for that during a few hour transit.

I have enough knowledge to post on subjects that I actually understand. Can you say the same?

1 minute ago, Bruno123 said:

I have enough knowledge to post on subjects that I actually understand. Can you say the same?

Yes I can, I fly almost every 2 weeks and have had the issue various times. Clearly you do not, else you wouldn't say this.

• Like 1

Normally, in the event of a no-show - which is what the OP did, all subsequent segments are cancelled.

Even missing the last segment may incur some issues, re: hidden city.

Reviews the terms on your ticket. Contact the airline for options/redress.

I doubt the remaining segments are valid.

1 hour ago, Muzzique said:

If you can call them and tell them you missed the flight due to some problem and ask them politely if they can move it you might regain all the flights again.

This is commonly referred to as "The Flat Tire Rule", as in "I had a flat tire on the way to the airport". Only 'works' if you call within a few hours of "missing" the segment. There is no "I've been in a coma for three days" rule, AFAIK.

1 hour ago, Muzzique said:

I book from Dusseldorf to Hong Kong on Emirates with a transit in Bangkok. I then delay my connecting flight from Bangkok for 2 weeks before booking.

Some fares, not all, allow for a "Stopover" in addition to the "destination", usually one only, with its own rules and regs. This would be detailed in the fare rules.

Airlines with "tag" flights through BKK offer this option, esp. ME carriers. Airlines with through flights via Japan usually  - at least they haven't in the past - do not allow for the stopever to be in Japan.

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So had return flight Melbourne to Bangkok and return Bangkok to Melbourn.

If under the same booking, if you are no show on one of the segments usually you are removed for the subsequent segments as well.

However, it is very well worth calling the airline and arguing to reinstate them. Good luck.

If separate bookings (that is, two different 6 alphanumeric characters), then no problem.

Yeah, if you had called them BEFORE the first flight departed you may have been able to negotiate a reasonable, medical-related, re-issuing of the ticket, with little or no additional cost/penalty. Assuming you were able to fly.

Bleeding 10 weeks after surgery sounds alarming, and it was probably wise of you not to board the flight.

OP once long ago I missed my flight SG to LAX thought it was the next day aka I was an idiot. 
i quickly set to airport with hat in hand and luckily the CP staff at check in counter saved my day.

Had to hang out at airport some 10 hours but I was very lucky…. 

3 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

OP once long ago I missed my flight SG to LAX thought it was the next day aka I was an idiot. 
i quickly set to airport with hat in hand and luckily the CP staff at check in counter saved my day.

Had to hang out at airport some 10 hours but I was very lucky…. 

I couldn't take the flight and still couldnt