Most of Thailand’s foreign arrivals in July were Malaysian tourists

snoop1130

11 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

wont be any farangs till the debts have been paid and they will be large gas bills for yearrs to come

Ah yes, if you're from the UK. The #8 in arrivals, Americans, have plenty of gas at home. Half of it comes from Donald Trump's mouth, but that's more than enough to keep our heating bills low. And if not, we head to points south like Miami or--Better Call Saul!--southern New Mexico.

11 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

wont be any farangs till the debts have been paid and they will be large gas bills for yearrs to come

1 hour ago, Boomer6969 said:

Seriously?  India is 1.38 billion people with a with a high spending  middle class of  about 80 million. Indeed Indians won't spend on booze [and ST] as much as the single Brits and Ozzies, they [their wives] spend on Louis Vuitton, while they stay on 4 and 5 star hotels.

I find it interesting that your only measure of tourist spending be alcohol consumption.

But the isn't such thing as a perfect tourist.

How many stay in 5 star? Maybe 10%. Lots of backpackers, IT nomads, middle class, drinkers, golfers etc

• Like 1

2 hours ago, edogthong said:

Those who were here in 2008/2009 will remember the huge impact that financial crisis had on the tourism sector. I'm not just talking numbers of tourists but more importantly the amount of money spent by each tourist. 

I don't remember much about what you describe, because most of it didn't happen.

The actual, real "financial crisis" for Thailand and others was from 1997 onwards. They even call it the "tom yang koong" crisis, in honour of Thailand's leading role.

Rakesh Saxena is even back on the front pages today.