This world radio site is amazing

Seppius

31 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I am a regular listener to Old Time Radio , old shows from days

past , but still good, they have Detectives , Adventure , Comedy

Mystery,Sci Fi, Thriller,Western and some other categories I don't

use,  its Free but you can donate if you like it.

https://radioechoes.com 

regards Worgeordie

Wow! Thanks so much. That's another website bookmarked!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, BonMot said:

I used to carry a shortwave when traveling. All the stations / times just disappeared with internet coming online. It's understandable now in 2022 but really missed it in 1997.

I still use my shortwave radio every day!  Granted that it's my ham radio transceiver, but the receiver part covers all the shortwave broadcast bands, and there are still many interesting stations and world music to listen to.

On 9/13/2022 at 6:37 AM, simon43 said:

I still use my shortwave radio every day!  Granted that it's my ham radio transceiver, but the receiver part covers all the shortwave broadcast bands, and there are still many interesting stations and world music to listen to.

Really?

I used to be a DX'er back in the day.

For a nerdy Hispanic boy holed up in his bedroom in the California central valley receiving those exotic QSL postcards from all over the world opened my eyes to the big wide world.

I think those scratchy shortwave signals are long gone.

A perfect internet stream is so easy, yet I'd venture not as exciting as tuning in to the BBC WS warbling in and out on 6175kHz

2 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Really?

I used to be a DX'er back in the day.

For a nerdy Hispanic boy holed up in his bedroom in the California central valley receiving those exotic QSL postcards from all over the world opened my eyes to the big wide world.

I think those scratchy shortwave signals are long gone.

A perfect internet stream is so easy, yet I'd venture not as exciting as tuning in to the BBC WS warbling in and out on 6175kHz

I'm still a DXer!  I guess I'm stuck in a timewarp, but getting the same radio station over the internet is just too easy for this techie! ????

Shortwave listening still has an important role to play in some countries.  I remember living in my Yangon (Lamadaw) old  apartment in 2012 and going to sleep listening to the sound of the BBC World Service interval signal as the Burmese guy downstairs listened in on his old radio to the news in English.

7 hours ago, simon43 said:

I'm still a DXer!  I guess I'm stuck in a timewarp, but getting the same radio station over the internet is just too easy for this techie! ????

Shortwave listening still has an important role to play in some countries.  I remember living in my Yangon (Lamadaw) old  apartment in 2012 and going to sleep listening to the sound of the BBC World Service interval signal as the Burmese guy downstairs listened in on his old radio to the news in English.

I'm sure it does, but a far cry from the glory days.

I know the BBC does still maintain a SW presence as does VoA.

But most of them are gone, I'm sure HCJB still exists from Quito and probably some newer evangelical stations I've never heard of, and of course the numbers stations.

Rather sad in some ways since SW was a rather major part of making me the man I ended up becoming