Motorcycle taxi guy is conned....by a farang!

webfact

a 20 euro coin doesn't exist... besides that would be around 750 THB whle the ride was only 450.... and how many times does the same thing happen to foreigners who are conned by Thais?? So no news in fact, as now a Thai is the victim... get on with the live

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

So, you think it´s ok for a foreigner to scam a moto-taxi driver, just because your cabbie, won´t turn on the meter. Or did you just try to be tough?

Bad folks like this, is exactly what we do not need in Thailand. Hope a gang of Win-drivers will see him walking somewhere.

Farang clearly of dubious character and while that fare is about right for both ways for that distance in Bkk, the taxi rider initially thought he was well up on the deal. He could be a good one for all we know, but has likely taken people 'for a ride' on more than a few occasions. Basically it hasn't cost him anything bar his time and ego, since 7 baht would about cover that journey on a fut-fut. However, coins typically aren't exchangeable so he could be out of pocket. Perhaps he should wear it around his neck as an amulet and also a reminder of those dastardly farang conmen. ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

a 20 euro coin doesn't exist... besides that would be around 750 THB whle the ride was only 450.... and how many times does the same thing happen to foreigners who are conned by Thais?? So no news in fact, as now a Thai is the victim... get on with the live

2 wrongs dont make a right

The euro guy is a bludger

You caanot exchange coins overseas

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

So, you think it´s ok for a foreigner to scam a moto-taxi driver, just because your cabbie, won´t turn on the meter. Or did you just try to be tough?

Goose gander   ...

1,000,000,000,000,000 broke falangs have been double-charged, lied to, scammed, taken to jade shops, etc..... too bad when one of them get scammed.  

Tough?  I fought 100 taxi cabbies at 3 am with both hands tied behind my back for 184 hours.  didn't seem very tough, typical day for me.

oh wait, i'm in another taxi and there are lasers surrounding me.......easy escape!!!  

Edited by Iamfalang

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Farang clearly of dubious character and while that fare is about right for both ways for that distance in Bkk, the taxi rider initially thought he was well up on the deal. He could be a good one for all we know, but has likely taken people 'for a ride' on more than a few occasions. Basically it hasn't cost him anything bar his time and ego, since 7 baht would about cover that journey on a fut-fut. However, coins typically aren't exchangeable so he could be out of pocket. Perhaps he should wear it around his neck as an amulet and also a reminder of those dastardly farang conmen. ????

Another attempt of excuse and turning the conversation in another direction. Is it really so hard to agree that it was a bad thing to do? Why the need to compare and say that something else is more bad?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Arthur Mullard said:

And wear glasses handling local notes... that Songthaew driver made off with a red thousand note at Samrong, when it should've been a hundred, silly me. Even sillier that I should've chased it up at the local depot. IDIOT

do glasses fix colour blindness and an inability to differentiate sizes?

7 hours ago, chuang said:

I thought only farangs get conned in thailand,,,,

I think getting ripped off is part of the job. I drove taxi for a few years in Canada and got scammed a few times. A Chinese driver I knew was robbed at knife point 3 times in 2 years. 

10 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

This guy needs more education. There is no 20 euro coins!

To be honest, you can't expect a Bangkok cabbie to keep in his head the values of all currencies! OK he could have checked on his phone, but by this time the fare is long gone (on the nearest escalator/ "excavator"!)

10 hours ago, 2long said:

Must be a slow news day!

10 or so years ago I needed to be collected from a local train station, where I planned to drop my motorbike off for something later that day. Instead of trying to find, waiting for, or giving business to the win riders near the train station, I invited a guy from my local rank to follow me and pick me up. Therefore making directions back really simple, and keeping the business as local as possible. The <deleted> wanted to charge me double, because he had to ride there and back... claiming that he was unable to earn any (other) money in either direction.

That was the last time I every gave him any business! ????

Double fare for double journey seems right to me.

9 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

Goose gander   ...

1,000,000,000,000,000 broke falangs have been double-charged, lied to, scammed, taken to jade shops, etc..... too bad when one of them get scammed.  

Tough?  I fought 100 taxi cabbies at 3 am with both hands tied behind my back for 184 hours.  didn't seem very tough, typical day for me.

oh wait, i'm in another taxi and there are lasers surrounding me.......easy escape!!!  

There is no excuse for this behavior, none at all.

63 year old motorbike taxi trying to make living....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, sambum said:

To be honest, you can't expect a Bangkok cabbie to keep in his head the values of all currencies! OK he could have checked on his phone, but by this time the fare is long gone (on the nearest escalator/ "excavator"!)

I didn´t say all currencies. Where did you get that from? What I said is that he should know, there are no 20 Euro coins, as that is among top 3 currencies in the world. Is that easy enough for you to understand, without claiming that I was referring to more?

• Thumbs Up 1

Bit off topic maybe, also maybe encourage some to commit fraud in EU, Please remove post if need.

In Europe it is rather easy to fool someone and also vending machines with 10 Baht coins. They look very similar to a 2 Euro coin (worth about 75Baht). Difference is 0.25 mm on the diameter, and 0.2mm in the thickness.

In Europe most countries uses different pattern on the coins so its easy to take a 10 baht coin as a 2 Euro coin from another country.

image.png.5501dc0465979829f765765311dda5d6.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...