Nine months pregnant and still doing Ya Ba with her husband - Thai media screams tragedy

webfact

16 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

If they were being handed out with the workers wages then there's the possibility the employer was in on the supply as a means of improving productivity. 

This would make sense if the folklore was true, wasn't it said you could buy them legally some 20-30 years ago at gas stations and long distance truckers used them like coffee?

Edited by mnomad
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

15 years ago when we were building our house one of the truckers delivering soil was taking yabaa. He said it kept him awake 2 days straight so he could make alot of money when many deliveries were required in a short timescale.

Awesome played a big part in WW2, German soldiers were given supplies of it to keep them going during their invasions, there was a theory that it also desensitized them to human atrocities that were happening all around them - I cant recall if it was scientifically proven - forgot the documentary - though but when you see the stories on thai domestic news followed by "i was high" it would make sense..

5 hours ago, mnomad said:

Awesome played a big part in WW2, German soldiers were given supplies of it to keep them going during their invasions, there was a theory that it also desensitized them to human atrocities that were happening all around them - I cant recall if it was scientifically proven - forgot the documentary - though but when you see the stories on thai domestic news followed by "i was high" it would make sense..

Not just the Germans...  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_psychoactive_drugs_used_by_militaries

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AsianAtHeart said:

Deplorable!  The world has sure changed, and not for the better, during our lifetimes.  When I was born, my mother refused even to receive any painkiller at the hospital lest I be adversely affected.  The doctor praised her with the words "bully for you!"  (That probably dates me.)  Nowadays, it seems the mothers spare little thought for their offspring.  Very sad.

The parents--both of them--might rightly be tried for attempted murder.  Their child is unlikely to be in thriving health and will have life-lasting effects from this prenatal negligence.

In the 50's they were advertised as diet pills for housewives and it would help them keep a nearer home (all true btw).

Plus smoking was on tv recommended by doctors for health.

And coca cola had cocaine in the 20s.

Drinking alcohol all day was completely ok.

I think your memory a bit off here.

No new news in this at all.

Addicts will do anything even to endangering the lives of their own unborn children inside them to get high. I treated many dozens of women in Australia and the US doing this exact same thing year after year when I was in practice.

A tragedy yes, but the reality of life when in the cycle of drug addiction.

9 hours ago, mnomad said:

This would make sense if the folklore was true, wasn't it said you could buy them legally some 20-30 years ago at gas stations and long distance truckers used them like coffee?

No-Doz tablets and Dr. Pepper helped me drive the 18 hour straight drive from outside of Portland Oregon to Indio, CA. During my college years.

image.png.5047440940a2422a5e718a992192c423.png

Edited by ThailandRyan

9 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

No new news in this at all.

Addicts will do anything even to endangering the lives of their own unborn children inside them to get high. I treated many dozens of women in Australia and the US doing this exact same thing year after year when I was in practice.

A tragedy yes, but the reality of life when in the cycle of drug addiction.

My mum was a social worker when I was a young lad ( many many years ago ) she warned me and my siblings of the danger of getting involved in drugs, we all heeded her warnings and apart from some indulgence in alcohol & a bit of weed many many years back managed to stay clean of drugs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

No-Doz tablets and Dr. Pepper helped me drive the 18 hour straight drive from outside of Portland Oregon to Indio, CA. During my college years.

image.png.5047440940a2422a5e718a992192c423.png

I think to only active ingredient in No-Doz was 200 mg of caffeine.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AsianAtHeart said:

Deplorable!  The world has sure changed, and not for the better, during our lifetimes.  When I was born, my mother refused even to receive any painkiller at the hospital lest I be adversely affected.  The doctor praised her with the words "bully for you!"  (That probably dates me.)  Nowadays, it seems the mothers spare little thought for their offspring.  Very sad.

The parents--both of them--might rightly be tried for attempted murder.  Their child is unlikely to be in thriving health and will have life-lasting effects from this prenatal negligence.

what a crock.

Mothers were drinking and smoking through their pregnancies with out a second though for most of us over 50.  Abstinence is a recent thing. 

Maybe your mother was a saint, but she is in no way the poster child of previous generations. 

Unfortunately many parents in Thailand, but not only in Thailand, "think" that children just happen and they grow up and this is all independent from the parents.

Someone should explain to those parents that their behavior before birth and after birth has massive consequences for their children. And they should act accordingly.

But who will explain that to them and will they believe it. 

21 hours ago, mnomad said:

Not just the Germans, Americans throughout history have been known to be supplied with drugs to help courage during battle..

On 9/14/2022 at 8:54 PM, mnomad said:

this is not folklore......many workers get yaa bah while working. Workers esp in agricultural work like sugar cane harvesting get it from employers/contractors and they pay for it. Common in construction as well. I had to bail out my gf's brother who went "crazy" while working and smoking for about a month in Chonburi. 30 years ago it was bennies or white horse pills....there were lots of bad accidents when the drivers passed out...they were available at police road checks and gas stations