Foreigners infected with COVID-19 can visit Thailand

snoop1130

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Foreign visitors to Thailand who are infected with COVID-19 will no longer be barred from entering, following a decision by the cabinet today (Monday) to delete COVID-19 from a list of forbidden diseases in foreign visitors, said Deputy Government Spokesperson Rachada Dhnadirek.

How low can you go Thailand - Bring out the Limbo poles .......................LOL

• Like 1

What desperation for the almighty tourist $ will do to a countries entry rules!! Rediculous. Now we have gone full circle and gone from shutting down the country to allowing anyone with the virus in. After 27 years here you’d think there was nothing that would surprise me about thailand anymore but I was obviously wrong. Greed without exception!!!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sounds like a splendid idea.  So if you have Covid.  Fly on a plane.  Infected everyone. 
If a person is aware they have Covid.  They must be pretty desperate to fly anywhere.  But I guess the cheap booze and partying is more important. 
Makes no sense 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Foreign visitors to Thailand who are infected with COVID-19 will no longer be barred from entering, following a decision by the cabinet today (Monday) to delete COVID-19 from a list of forbidden diseases in foreign visitors, said Deputy Government Spokesperson Rachada Dhnadirek.

Desperation must be setting in...

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So how does this work as I am asking for a friend who is a leper and has had two fingers fall off this past week.  He is a tuberculosis blood coughing lunger who was bitten by a Tsetse Fly and his left leg has expanded to a 4 xl size after visiting a brothel in Guyana and picking up syphilis.  He smokes crack daily and takes injections of morphine to dull the pain which is causing his kidneys to shut down.  On the bright side he has Covid now and it appears he can enter Thailand with no problems while infecting all on the plane since mask wearing has been abolished..... 

Do I have this correct?

Pretty damned close... as long as he brings in lots of cash, and a few mates from the colony

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

Desperation must be setting in...

The BP has an article running on Ways to lure tourists....yes desperation is setting in.  They just need to step away from the issue and let tourism right itself in a few years...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

The BP has an article running on Ways to lure tourists....yes desperation is setting in.  They just need to step away from the issue and let tourism right itself in a few years...

I don't think the Thai economy has a few years to wait.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Falcon said:

What desperation for the almighty tourist $ will do to a countries entry rules!! Rediculous.

I would say it is the exact opposite - i.e. it is a retreat from the desperation of Thailand's futile efforts to insulate itself from Covid by shutting the place down completely with no thought of the long-term collateral damage that would inevitably be caused to the economy and employment.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Alldar said:

Does it mean that when someone has Covid in Thailand they will no longer lock him up in a hospital?

I cannot speak for foreigners, but a Thai friend did drove his infected son to an public provincial hospital yesterday night and after a short testing and a confirmed positive diagnostic, the boy was sent back home.

16 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So how does this work as I am asking for a friend who is a leper and has had two fingers fall off this past week.  He is a tuberculosis blood coughing lunger who was bitten by a Tsetse Fly and his left leg has expanded to a 4 xl size after visiting a brothel in Guyana and picking up syphilis.  He smokes crack daily and takes injections of morphine to dull the pain which is causing his kidneys to shut down.  On the bright side he has Covid now and it appears he can enter Thailand with no problems while infecting all on the plane since mask wearing has been abolished..... 

Do I have this correct?

He will probably be put in isolation and treated by feeding with toast, pizza and pancakes as those are easy to slide under the door.

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

BS. Most of the world has moved forward long ago. No need for testing\vaccination proof when going to Europe and many other countries around the world. Nothing to do with desperation. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

BS. Most of the world has moved forward long ago. No need for testing\vaccination proof when going to Europe and many other countries around the world. Nothing to do with desperation. 

How is my post BS. Is or isn't Thailand desperate to revive tourism?

Edited by ThailandRyan

Policy here always seems to bounce from one extreme tto the other. Bouncing from punitive and highly selective shutdown of businesses, that resulted in a devastated economy, rising suicides, life savings lost by many trying to sustain a life long business, and increased homelessness. A total shutdown of tourism, resulting in the possibility that the industry has been permanently damaged, curfews, mandatory mask wearing outside, etc. And now, anyone can come. 

Perhaps they now realize Thailand is NOT the center of the known universe, the nation needs tourists 50X more than tourists need Thailand, and when you open your doors and relax crazy restrictions after 27 months, tourists will not just come flooding in. 

• Like 1