Mystery leaks hit Russian undersea gas pipelines to Europe

Scott

19 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Different explosions can be when one incident sets of the next one 

Yes, there are indications of sabotage, but I'll wait with my judgement.

Two separate pipelines with 2 separate explosions each and leaks within hours of each other. Leaves little to the imagination other than sabotage to every single official and expert both West and Russian

Edited by Bkk Brian

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Two separate pipelines with 2 separate explosions each and leaks within hours of each other. Leaves little to the imagination other than sabotage to every single official and expert both West and Russian

But they're still saying there are indications. None of them has come out with 'beyond doubt, sabotage'.

On 10/5/2022 at 5:46 PM, Gweiloman said:

Yes very predictable from you using conspiracy theorists (Dick Black) and the The Schiller Institute to promote your anti west agenda followed by a deleted tweet from a Polish Minister....

No charges to respond to, you've got nothing

• Like 2

Instead of more speculating and pure false accusations from anti west proponents better to wait for the investigation:

Sweden sends diving vessel to investigate Nord Stream pipelines after leak

Oct. 5, 2022

Smaller leaks from Nord Stream 2 may be continuing, contrary to earlier reports

Swedish Navy spokesman Capt. Jimmie Adamsson said a submarine rescue ship had been sent to the site of the leaks off Sweden and was supporting the Swedish coast guard, which is leading the probe. 

Sweden’s prosecuting authority and the Swedish Security Services are heading an investigation, while Copenhagen police were in charge of an inquiry in Denmark. A joint international investigation team from Denmark, Germany and Sweden, among others, has also been established.

https://www.offshore-mag.com/regional-reports/north-sea-europe/article/14283776/sweden-sends-diving-vessel-to-investigate-nord-stream-pipelines-after-leak

9 minutes ago, metisdead said:

Off topic deflection posts and replies about the Chinese Abuses of the Uyghurs in Xinjiang have been removed. 

This topic is about:

Mystery leaks hit Russian undersea gas pipelines to Europe

My apologies.

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes very predictable from you using conspiracy theorists (Dick Black) and the The Schiller Institute to promote your anti west agenda followed by a deleted tweet from a Polish Minister....

No charges to respond to, you've got nothing

Wonder why he deleted his post. Could be pressure from his masters. Or maybe he’s another anti propagandist.

Ps: I’m hoping this post is on topic as it deals directly with the leaks.

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Instead of more speculating and pure false accusations from anti west proponents better to wait for the investigation:

Oct. 5, 2022

Smaller leaks from Nord Stream 2 may be continuing, contrary to earlier reports

Swedish Navy spokesman Capt. Jimmie Adamsson said a submarine rescue ship had been sent to the site of the leaks off Sweden and was supporting the Swedish coast guard, which is leading the probe. 

Sweden’s prosecuting authority and the Swedish Security Services are heading an investigation, while Copenhagen police were in charge of an inquiry in Denmark. A joint international investigation team from Denmark, Germany and Sweden, among others, has also been established.

https://www.offshore-mag.com/regional-reports/north-sea-europe/article/14283776/sweden-sends-diving-vessel-to-investigate-nord-stream-pipelines-after-leak

I’m willing to bet, if a report is ever released, the the findings will be inconclusive. This is tantamount to admitting that they’ve discovered whodunnit but cannot say for obvious reasons.

2 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

I’m willing to bet, if a report is ever released, the the findings will be inconclusive. This is tantamount to admitting that they’ve discovered whodunnit but cannot say for obvious reasons.

It will be a fair, unbiased and thorough investigation given any evidence that may or may not be there. The are no obvious reasons for any outcome other than those who like to make unfounded predictions.

8 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Wonder why he deleted his post. Could be pressure from his masters. Or maybe he’s another anti propagandist.

Ps: I’m hoping this post is on topic as it deals directly with the leaks.

Wonder away I'm sure you'll think of something eventually

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

It will be a fair, unbiased and thorough investigation given any evidence that may or may not be there. The are no obvious reasons for any outcome other than those who like to make unfounded predictions.

Of course. Everything that’s done by the collective west will be fair and unbiased. 

Edited by Gweiloman

13 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

It doesn't really matter who did it in the end, whatever is done is done, there is no way back.

However the German politicians are not happy with the gas prices..

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/05/german-minister-criticizes-us-over-astronomical-natural-gas-prices.html

And the German voters are even less happier..

https://www.thelocal.de/20220821/majority-of-germans-dissatisfied-with-government-and-scholz-poll/

Europe is slowly moving towards the far right and the far left again. If the far right gains enough in Germany it would be game over for EU.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No like Sweden supporting the Swedish coast guard, which is leading the probe. 

Actually, most Swedes that I’ve met (many of them as I spent a lot of time in Stockholm) are people of integrity and honour. I hope they won’t be corrupted. 

On 10/5/2022 at 7:58 PM, Gweiloman said:

Actually the whole world knows why, it’s just that some are too biased to acknowledge it.

Oct. 5, 2022

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling comment removed
  • Like 1

On 10/5/2022 at 8:06 PM, gearbox said:

It doesn't really matter who did it in the end, whatever is done is done, there is no way back.

However the German politicians are not happy with the gas prices..

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/05/german-minister-criticizes-us-over-astronomical-natural-gas-prices.html

And the German voters are even less happier..

https://www.thelocal.de/20220821/majority-of-germans-dissatisfied-with-government-and-scholz-poll/

Europe is slowly moving towards the far right and the far left again. If the far right gains enough in Germany it would be game over for EU.

Cracks are beginning to appear in the EU solidarity. It’s a question of when Europe realises  that they have been duped. 

I read another report that energy prices in the US is going up as well. The LNG suppliers would naturally prefer to sell their gas to Europe at a higher price.

Another beneficiary is China who has 25 year contracts with US LNG suppliers but resells it to Europe at spot prices. Cunning...

Edited by onthedarkside
nationality trolling removed

Just now, Eleftheros said:

The Western media has gone extremely quiet on this story, which would hardly be expected if it could be pinned on Russia or its allies. Methinks they doth protest too little.

The western media released statements today, I've not seen anything in Russian press for days

• Like 1

On 10/5/2022 at 8:08 PM, Bkk Brian said:

Oct. 5, 2022

Ok, I retract my use of the word know and replace it with suspect. 

Everything I’ve said have been substantiated by lots of evidence repeated by lots of experts. You have your opinions, they may or may not be right...

On 10/5/2022 at 8:15 PM, Gweiloman said:

Cracks are beginning to appear in the EU solidarity. It’s a question of when Europe realises  that they have been duped. 

I read another report that energy prices in the US is going up as well. The LNG suppliers would naturally prefer to sell their gas to Europe at a higher price.

Another beneficiary is China who has 25 contracts with US LNG suppliers but resells it to Europe at spot prices. Cunning...

That sounds right as many Asian energy multinationals and state energy companies have long term contracts with the Australian LNG producers. The gas prices are linked to the price of oil, but the price of oil didn't go that high. Not hard to imagine if they have surplus they would sell it at the spot market.

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The western media released statements today, I've not seen anything in Russian press for days

I guess Russia is not permitted to do any investigations considering where the explosions took place, thus there is nothing they can say other than that it’s absurd and stupid for them to bomb their own pipelines when they can just turn the tap. I do think they have a point.

On 10/5/2022 at 8:19 PM, Gweiloman said:

Ok, I retract my use of the word know and replace it with suspect. 

Everything I’ve said have been substantiated by lots of evidence repeated by lots of experts. You have your opinions, they may or may not be right...

Nothing you've said is substantiated by evidence as there is no evidence on who did this yet just opinions.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The media is supposed to do more than release statements - it's supposed to investigate.

Major stories like this would usually spawn a raft of questioning articles every day - but nowadays that only happens if it is a story that fits the approved narrative.

• Thanks 1