Joe Biden’s latest gaffe plays right into Republicans’ hands

Scott

11 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I guess you have never had a lapse of memory, to be so strident about it.

Biden haters will jump all over unimportant gaffes to distract attention away from the fact he is getting America back on the rails after 4 years of Trump chaos. He has a team of professionals helping him, unlike the toadies Trump preferred.

I think we can thank the "team of professionals" for the recovery. Let's give the credit to those that deserve it.

13 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

And Trump/NATO have exactly what to do with the topic-Biden's obvious cognitive  decline? 

The #1 rule in their playbook.  When you can't defend the topic/question at hand, deflect and make it about the other side.  

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pretty much every politician over the age of 60 is entrenched and is happy to be collecting a nice salary with perks and a big pension. Biden, Pelosi, McConnel, Schumer they all need to go. 

The world needs younger blood who is up on technology and how technology is affecting the whole yarn being spun depending on what message is wanting to be pushed out.  Watching some of the old politicians asking younger tech execs questions during hearings is just laughable.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

You can argue back and forth about the myriad video clips of Biden's erratic behavior and seek to either justify it or to vilify it.

What can NOT be denied is that he is the least accessible President in modern history. Almost no interviews, he takes very few spontaneous questions from the media after reading prepared statements, almost no press conferences, his staff are uber quick to either hustle him away after he talks or to hustle the press out of the briefing room. 

The man even admits it- he has repeatedly said things like "I shouldn't be talking to you" or "I'll get in trouble for saying this".     Sorry but a President just does not act like that. Unless he is hiding something.

Sounds like you desperately want Joe Biden to step down, thereby making Kamala Harris the POTUS.  I wonder who the new Vice President will be?

25 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Sounds like you desperately want Joe Biden to step down, thereby making Kamala Harris the POTUS.  I wonder who the new Vice President will be?

You may have a point there...

Perhaps the most clever thing Joe Biden has done in his life was to pick Harris for his VP. She is his best insurance policy- I mean, nobody wants her to be in charge!  We can only hope that there are enough smart people around Joe to get him through the next 2 years a la "Weekend at Bernie's".   Losing control of Congress will help, that's for sure. Less pressure to perform. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

You can argue back and forth about the myriad video clips of Biden's erratic behavior and seek to either justify it or to vilify it.

What can NOT be denied is that he is the least accessible President in modern history. Almost no interviews, he takes very few spontaneous questions from the media after reading prepared statements, almost no press conferences, his staff are uber quick to either hustle him away after he talks or to hustle the press out of the briefing room. 

The man even admits it- he has repeatedly said things like "I shouldn't be talking to you" or "I'll get in trouble for saying this".     Sorry but a President just does not act like that. Unless he is hiding something.

Every President has different way of communication. Biden's viewpoint is that it's not just the President but the whole adminstration should communicate to the media and Biden is willing to let them speak in his steed. Honestly what's the big hoohaa about hoarding the limelight to be infront of the media if the appearance is more for threatrics, ranting on news media and spreading misinformation. Further what's the point of press conferences when the President contradict his own team like the former President. It went so bad that even his press secretary Stephanie Grisham refused to hold any briefings at all. Better to spend time working on policies than making appearances and allowing his team to be free to express to the media. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. When the other guy made a false statement the media bigged it up, but for Biden not so much. Biased perhaps?

Deflection. It's not a thread about the other guy! ????

Anyway, I've shown your claim about politifact was not valid. I'm not going the check all the "media" now....

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Every President has different way of communication. Biden's viewpoint is that it's not just the President but the whole adminstration should communicate to the media and Biden is willing to let them speak in his steed. Honestly what's the big hoohaa about hoarding the limelight to be infront of the media if the appearance is more for threatrics, ranting on news media and spreading misinformation. Further what's the point of press conferences when the President contradict his own team like the former President. It went so bad that even his press secretary Stephanie Grisham refused to hold any briefings at all. Better to spend time working on policies than making appearances and allowing his team to be free to express to the media. 

In other words, he is being hidden. As senator and VP, Joe was never this camera shy.  

As for the President contradicting his team, Joe has done so on many occasions- latest being committing US armed forces against China if Taiwan is invaded.  His team has been left scrambling to clean up after Joe far too often, especially considering how rarely he speaks off script.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Honestly what's the big hoohaa about hoarding the limelight to be infront of the media if the appearance is more for threatrics, ranting on news media and spreading misinformation. Further what's the point of press conferences when the President contradict his own team like the former President.

I know who I would rather have sitting in the presidential office and it's not the orange buffoon who would rant on and on, spreading lies and misinformation and at times trying to drum up funds for one thing or another, which he used to pay for his campaign expenses.

Even "stealing" funds from a charity – – no, give me Biden with his flaws, and he does have them, versus the previous dumb, lying clown any day.

Covfefe, ivermectin, hydroxychloroquine or UV light, anybody. And Kool-Aid drinkers bought it, hook line and sinker, just the same as many of them still believe the election was stolen – – yeah right. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Not ageist at all. Consider that John McCain was widely called "too old" at 72 when he ran for president.  Think honestly for a minute- do you think that YOU, as a fellow 79 year old, would be up to the job of President? 

Not saying that Biden is a 24 hour basket case. He does have moments of clarity and brief spurts of energy. But they are interspersed with more and more periods of confusion and cognitive shut down. I don't think Reagan or Eisenhower ever tried to shake hands with a ghost, or repeatedly could not find their way off a podium, or dodged the press to the extent that Biden does. 

I am not a politician, so I can't say whether I would be competent at taking on a Presidency. That has nothing to do with my age.

I think I can claim to be physically and mentally in much better shape than many of the 60-something foreigners I see here occupying a bar stool.

Do you have some real data showing Biden is in cognitive decline, or is that the line trotted out by talking heads on Fox News?

Personally, if I had a media that was waiting to pounce on the slightest slip I made in office, I'd be limiting their access to me too. They are known as reptiles of the press for a reason.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I know who I would rather have sitting in the presidential office and it's not the orange buffoon who would rant on and on, spreading lies and misinformation and at times trying to drum up funds for one thing or another, which he used to pay for his campaign expenses.

Even "stealing" funds from a charity – – no, give me Biden with his flaws, and he does have them, versus the previous dumb, lying clown any day.

Covfefe, ivermectin, hydroxychloroquine or UV light, anybody. And Kool-Aid drinkers bought it, hook line and sinker, just the same as many of them still believe the election was stolen – – yeah right. 

Feel better now that you got that out of your system? 

Perhaps it is time to let go. Let go of your anger and spite and outrage. Save your stomach acid for something that actually is meaningful.  The gastrologists of America have been laughing their way to the bank for 6 years now.  How many unnecessary ulcers have they treated due to people just not being able to move on...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I am not a politician, so I can't say whether I would be competent at taking on a Presidency. That has nothing to do with my age.

I think I can claim to be physically and mentally in much better shape than many of the 60-something foreigners I see here occupying a bar stool.

Do you have some real data showing Biden is in cognitive decline, or is that the line trotted out by talking heads on Fox News?

Personally, if I had a media that was waiting to pounce on the slightest slip I made in office, I'd be limiting their access to me too. They are known as reptiles of the press for a reason.

Glad you are healthy and hearty, although comparing yourself to the drunkards of Thailand is a bit of a left handed compliment... otherwise, there are good reasons that many stressful jobs have retirement ages. Pilots, police, hell even the university I teach at won't even let teachers work part time after age 67. 

Hard to get real data on Biden because he refuses to take any kind of cognitive test.  And as for the press, they are largely complicit in covering up for him.  The mainstream media is VERY reluctant to comment on the current President regarding his health, his strange obsession with ladies' hair, his near constant vacations, etc. 

• Love It 1

4 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Feel better now that you got that out of your system? 

Perhaps it is time to let go. Let go of your anger and spite and outrage. Save your stomach acid for something that actually is meaningful.  The gastrologists of America have been laughing their way to the bank for 6 years now.  How many unnecessary ulcers have they treated due to people just not being able to move on...

Thank you for being my online medical practitioner, but you fall very short with your comments and diagnosis, because I don't have any anger or spite, or outrage – – just disbelief that there are so many mindless and gullible people in the US who would be taken in by this conman.

Sadness is what I feel for folks like you and other trump supporters, mainly because they can't see that they are being played.

I don't think my sorrow for trump supporters is going to do anything to my stomach acid or indeed help the gastrologists of America or anywhere for that matter.

I like the reference to "people just not being able to move on" because it really doesn't mean anything to folks like me, what happened, happened and the dumb clown is still a dumb clown, and it is now in the history books and will be for future generations to view, and perhaps with a lot more still to come.

Save your mental anguish about people who dislike trump, because it is what it is, and means nothing to them that he is an idiot with many followers.

5 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Hard to get real data on Biden because he refuses to take any kind of cognitive test.  And as for the press, they are largely complicit in covering up for him.  The mainstream media is VERY reluctant to comment on the current President regarding his health, his strange obsession with ladies' hair, his near constant vacations, etc. 

Careful you'll be needing to visit one of those gastrologists

• Haha 1

Just now, Hanaguma said:

Glad you are healthy and hearty, although comparing yourself to the drunkards of Thailand is a bit of a left handed compliment... otherwise, there are good reasons that many stressful jobs have retirement ages. Pilots, police, hell even the university I teach at won't even let teachers work part time after age 67. 

Many Western countries are wasting a pool of skilled people because of age discrimination. I'm not saying I could work full time; however, I'd be quite happy to put in a couple of days a week in the scientific field I always enjoyed.

I can accept jobs such as airline pilots and police are stressful, and have a use-by date. I don't accept the same for teaching, any stress is created by the bureaucratic BS they have to endure.

1 minute ago, xylophone said:

Thank you for being my online medical practitioner, but you fall very short with your comments and diagnosis, because I don't have any anger or spite, or outrage – – just disbelief that there are so many mindless and gullible people in the US who would be taken in by this conman.

Sadness is what I feel for folks like you and other trump supporters, mainly because they can't see that they are being played.

I don't think my sorrow for trump supporters is going to do anything to my stomach acid or indeed help the gastrologists of America or anywhere for that matter.

I like the reference to "people just not being able to move on" because it really doesn't mean anything to folks like me, what happened, happened and the dumb clown is still a dumb clown, and it is now in the history books and will be for future generations to view, and perhaps with a lot more still to come.

Save your mental anguish about people who dislike trump, because it is what it is, and means nothing to them that he is an idiot with many followers.

It obviously means something to them if they can't go 5 minutes in the day without bringing him up!  You are right that "what happened, happened".  I don't see the point in constantly regurgitating your anger and venom.  

I am no hardcore Trump supporter, but thank you for assuming so. I freely believe that he lost the election, and needs to shut up and fade away. But he won't unless people stop paying attention. So a symbiotic relationship builds up between the virulent anti-Trumpers and the man himself. They hate, he gets publicity, they hate, he stays in the news..... Time to break the cycle. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

It obviously means something to them if they can't go 5 minutes in the day without bringing him up!  You are right that "what happened, happened".  I don't see the point in constantly regurgitating your anger and venom.  

I am no hardcore Trump supporter, but thank you for assuming so. I freely believe that he lost the election, and needs to shut up and fade away. But he won't unless people stop paying attention. So a symbiotic relationship builds up between the virulent anti-Trumpers and the man himself. They hate, he gets publicity, they hate, he stays in the news..... Time to break the cycle. 

Trump won't shut up and fade away. Not even if he gets locked up.

There is a simple reason for that, his contributions from the mouth-breathers and knuckle-draggers would dry up if he did. 

Nobody knows whether Trump is the billionaire he claims to be, or flat broke. He certainly needs money to pay the platoons of lawyers defending him on several criminal and civil fronts.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Many Western countries are wasting a pool of skilled people because of age discrimination. I'm not saying I could work full time; however, I'd be quite happy to put in a couple of days a week in the scientific field I always enjoyed.

I can accept jobs such as airline pilots and police are stressful, and have a use-by date. I don't accept the same for teaching, any stress is created by the bureaucratic BS they have to endure.

I think one of the problems in the US, at least in politics, has to do with the Congressional system of government. Countries like Canada, the UK etc that are parliamentary are much more demanding. Party leaders need to take questions in Parliament, defend themselves, engage in back-and-forth with the opposition on a daily basis.  

In the US, the executive branch is removed from that and isolated. There is very little actual debate or communication between the two sides and almost none with the President. Makes it easy to hide. Also makes it easy for fossilized specimens to keep their positions well past their sell-by dates. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

In other words, he is being hidden. As senator and VP, Joe was never this camera shy.  

As for the President contradicting his team, Joe has done so on many occasions- latest being committing US armed forces against China if Taiwan is invaded.  His team has been left scrambling to clean up after Joe far too often, especially considering how rarely he speaks off script.

I may agree with you that Joe don’t need the theatrics and camera hoarding style of the former President. Well after all Trump is a realty artist and craved for attention however needless. 

Joe makes gaffes and he apologies or the WH explained the actual context. That’s the difference. Former President never apologies and invaded the WH press briefing or the press secretaries double down on his lies. Oh by the way, WH press briefings were practically non existence for a period of time. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I think one of the problems in the US, at least in politics, has to do with the Congressional system of government. Countries like Canada, the UK etc that are parliamentary are much more demanding. Party leaders need to take questions in Parliament, defend themselves, engage in back-and-forth with the opposition on a daily basis.  

In the US, the executive branch is removed from that and isolated. There is very little actual debate or communication between the two sides and almost none with the President. Makes it easy to hide. Also makes it easy for fossilized specimens to keep their positions well past their sell-by dates. 

Are you familiar with the term "Dorothy Dixer"? That's how significant Question Time in most parliaments has become.

When you say there's very little debate or communication between the two sides, what proof do you have? My impression is one of constant wheeling and dealing to pass legislation.

19 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I don't see the point in constantly regurgitating your anger and venom.  

You must have missed a key element of my previous post, in which I specifically said I don't have any anger or venom towards the orange clown, that is something that you mistakenly believe. However I will constantly regurgitate the truth about him and his crooked cohorts, mainly because he and they spew the divisive hatefulness which has split the country.

So if you don't like what I'm posting, then don't read my posts. In which case you won't have to worry about your cast-iron stomach!

23 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Will be wild to see Trump to take questions and debate. Then he was shielded by the corrupt DOJ and the senate.