PEA and Solar how low can you go?

1 hour ago, Muhendis said:

Well spotted that man, but sometimes I do get loads of units to pay for.

It depends if I need to run my mini rice mill or not.

I seem to recall once last year I had a really shocking bill of almost 200 Baht ☹️

Just wondering, did the PEA also replace your meter as they did with @Bandersnatch because they thought it was faulty (showed zero units months on end)?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Crossy said:

I'm interested by your note about having a 28-day billing cycle and getting 13 bills per year. Our man comes on roughly the same day each month (the 18th or 19th, except February when he comes on the 16th) we definitely only get 12 bills each year.

I just checked the last 3 months of PEA bills and the dates were:

Nov - 25th

Dec - 23rd

Jan - 20th

All the other houses on the estate get their bills on the same day, so I'm not alone. It doesn't really matter - other than the fact that my actual monthly usage is more than I'd previously calculated back when I was trying to justify solar.

• Like 1

Our meter reading is always the 5th of the month, in the morning. The only exception was when i was caught out when he arrived a day early, mid afternoon when we max producing. The 5th was a holiday, cant remember what for but luckily he didn't notice/didn't report the backwards spinning meter 

On 10/1/2022 at 8:04 AM, Crossy said:

My records don't go back to before we had solar but our bills were regularly 5-6k Baht per month. Now we are around 1k or less.

That's sounds so good. 

I'd be ecstatic to see a 1,000 baht bill. 

I'm kicking myself for not installing solar panels ages ago.   Now just too expensive for us at the moment. 

GTi's have been shutdown in our case, they won't produce much anyway today as it's overcast (cold weather coming again???)

Will keep monitoring the meter and when it goes to high (prediction over 60 units) then we will turn them on again, but for now we want the meter to go above 55. (which is the units when the meter was last read)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2kW used this billing cycle, read this AM, ฿6.49 + BS

Previous bills at rental, using PEA 600-700kW,

was ฿3000-฿3500k a month.

Finally broke 600 kW with solar use this 'billing cycle'

Though that did require 4 out & abouts w/EV, locally. 

103 kW the last few days of Dec

520 kW this month

image.png.53af16c86a9d0d725c714bd86879735a.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmmm, if I'm reading it right looks like you also got the "old" FT discount like @MJCMreported.

I wonder if there was a policy change that nobody has heard about?

And what is the -46.28 "FT" discount, it mentions EDIT May January 2023? Backdated "correction" from when the full FT was charged last month perhaps?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I wonder if there was a policy change that nobody has heard about?

And what is the -46.28 "FT" discount, it mentions May 2023? Backdated "correction" from when the full FT was charged last month perhaps?

I was wondering about that as well, will know for sure tmrw as then the BILL shows up in the PEA APP what I have to pay.

But I guess you are right about the "backdate correction"

So we got a Double Discount!

Edited by MJCM
Forgot the word "APP"
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...