National Archives says it still doesn’t have all Trump White House records

Scott

5 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Oh Lord why can't you bother to reference properly?? 

So that's a no then, you didn't know what was in your own article and yes I did, are you feeling ok

41 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes indeed and in your article it refers to the the previous statement as I did, thanks. Pity he condemns it after the fact when the vast majority of the developed world had already sided with Ukraine.

Earlier this week, Mr Trump irked some Republican party members by describing Mr Putin's actions in Ukraine, where cities have been pounded by Russian artillery and cruise missiles, as "genius" and "pretty savvy".

Edited by Bkk Brian

2 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

According to the wife of a Supreme Court judge, the election was stolen from Trump. Who do you believe? Shifty Schiff or a Supreme Court judge’s wife?

Most of us believe the fact that literally dozens of Republican led investigations and dozens of court cases have produced ZERO evidence of widespread voter fraud. In the few cases they've found anything it more often than not went in trump's favor. And if you can't get that through your skull I suggest you have mental issues you need to get professional help to address......seriously.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

I have no preference either way as the affairs of Russia and Ukraine are none of my business. The impact of the war though, together with the sanctions imposed and the resulting consequences have unfortunately impacted me and everyone around the world. 

China hasn’t intervened as it’s not their war to fight. It’s an European war and China and India and the global south has correctly stayed out of it. Hopefully European nations will adopt the same neutral stance if there is a war in Asia. 

Well, the leader of India has strongly criticized Russia for waging war and Putin acknowledged that China has some criticisms as well. 

12 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The very fact that you cite such improbable nonsense means you think it's significant. And if it's significant, then it's not ridiculous. But it is ridiculous. As over 600 court cases and numerous recounts and re-recounts show. So, it's very clear where you're coming from.

It's just the same as with those who claim they're just asking questions, like, if it's not true, how come so many people believe we're being ruled by giant lizards disguised as humans?

In your opinion, I cite nonsense. But how truths and facts be nonsense? Isn’t it true that millions of Americans think that the election was stolen from Trump (even if he personally doesn’t believe it)? Isn’t it true that Virgina Thomas thinks that the election was stolen, as per reporting by US msm?

So how can truths and facts be nonsense just because you disagree with them? 

12 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Can you please tell us all exactly how many other ex presidents still have any White House records?

Who knows? Just because there are no reports of it doesn’t mean that it’s not happening or happened.

Didn’t another former President accuse another former President of having something like 30 million pages of classified documents and records? We should always take the words of presidents seriously. They were after all, at one time, the most powerful man in the world so they must be accorded due respect.

I can think of one former President who’s words we should not take seriously, on account of his recorded habit of constantly lying.

You just referenced him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

When it doesn’t concern you, something that America has always struggled with.

No, that's not an internal affair because it doesnt' take place within its borders. Unless your definition of internal is "none of your business". If it is, it's yours alone.

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

All well established tactics of the 50 cent troll army. Mix in a few facts, intermingled with incoherent rubbish, sow doubt, add some whataboutism, derail anything that does not fit in with their agenda and presto, job done

But this particular tactic feigns even-mindedness by formulating it as an "on the one hand...on the other hand" situation. Where one of the possibilities is reasonable and the other is highly improbable.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Education system? Or insularism? I remember when I spent a week skiing in Aspen, the only news I could get on the TV was local news, not even national. No internet in those days.

What’s worrying about such gullibility is that they can easily be brainwashed into believing anything, true or not. That’s why something like 70% of Americans think that China is evil, even though most of them won’t even be able to point to China on a map.

Welcome to the censorship & control of state media in China, Russia and NK, here and now

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

Just now, heybruce said:

National Archives says it still doesn’t have all Trump White House records

Let's not forget what this thread is about.  There is a troll who is leading us far off-topic with ridiculous claims and speculation.

I echoed a similar statement a couple of pages back unfortunately he's persistent, probably best to ignore further posts by him. I've reported one just now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

There is a bit of confusion here re NARA and 45's theft of documents.

The NARA issue involved the Presidential Records Act, which requires documents involving programs, activities, messages, policy papers, correspondence with foreign leaders, etc. that were part of a POTUS's Administration to be kept by NARA. Anyone can access the docs NARA holds, but NARA always retains them.

The classified docs are a different story. Nobody without a clearance has access to those, and they are kept in SCIFs, mostly at ODNI, CIA and NSA, but also at State, the White House, DoD, Treasury, Energy and a few other places, depending on the nature of the doc. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for 45 to steal them, and since he had no right to them, it is theft.

The one question even sycophant repubs and 45's enablers and fanboys have failed to answer:

What possible use could 45 have for TS/SCI, Codeword and HCS docs?  

There is no possible explanation that makes any sense, except that he intended to use them for personal gain. That constitutes 'conspiracy to commit espionage', a capital offense carrying the death penalty. What he did is reckless, irresponsible, dangerous, a threat to national security, a threat to many people's lives, and absolutely 100% criminal.

He is guilty merely by the presence of those docs, and anyone who aided him in stealing them is also subject to prosecution.

Try him and fry him.

Will he be charged? Lindsey Graham warned that there would be riots in the streets. So a toss up between rule of law and riots. Tough call.

6 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Will he be charged? Lindsey Graham warned that there would be riots in the streets. So a toss up between rule of law and riots. Tough call.

The rule of law has to be applied and if the orange clown is charged and jailed, then so be it.

There is no tough call, because the "threat of riots" is basically saying that mob rule will succeed against what up until now has been a true democracy. So hopefully he will be charged/jailed and what happens after that will be upon the rioters........democracy should never be held to ransom. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

You mean he can’t declassify documents by thinking about it? Blow me down with a feather. I must stop believing Fox News. And I always thought that it was just cnn and msnbc that was fake news.

As to his character, there are over 70 million Americans that voted for him. Surely that can’t happen if he is an unscrupulous person of low moral character right? He has admirers as far away as the UK and Australia. That must speak volumes about his greatness.

Yes I see you count yourself as a fan and that explains a lot.

Try reading up on him first and then decide if you want to lie in bed with him.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, xylophone said:

The rule of law has to be applied and if the orange clown is charged and jailed, then so be it.

There is no tough call, because the "threat of riots" is basically saying that mob rule will succeed against what up until now has been a true democracy. So hopefully he will be charged/jailed and what happens after that will be upon the rioters........democracy should never be held to ransom. 

We may have a slow moving white bronco chase the day they move in to arrest him, much like the OJ Simpson pursuit.