Thailand to enter cold season at the end of October

webfact

1 hour ago, Simple Jack said:

Yay! The one time a year where the core heater in the car get's used.

Indeed, when we bought our Car we didn't know it had it, and we pleasantly surprised that one "cold" morning 18c and the aircon was at 26c and after a while HOT air came out of the Vents.

3 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Indeed, when we bought our Car we didn't know it had it, and we pleasantly surprised that one "cold" morning 18c and the aircon was at 26c and after a while HOT air came out of the Vents.

Same here... we bought a new Pajero Sport 4x4 last year and were pleasantly surprised to discover a heating function in the AC after setting the temperature to 27°C one chilly night coming home from the local hospital about 30km away.

Off-topic but it is not the only hidden and under-advertised feature of the Pajero either... it has a special "Driver Assist" mode that works when you are using the GPS... it's actually a radar detector! Goodbye speeding fine photos!

• Like 1

N and NE can get quite chilly. Single digits C sometimes in the morning. Mountains in CM can approach 0c. 

Pic below was snapped 20 May this year, Doi Inthanon. 30c down below while 15c at the summit. 

IMG_20221003_163041.jpg.f3d90108993c5b50ec1b62835bd44e18.jpg

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Like 2

November to late Feb....  best time of the year IMO.

The heat in Sukhothai these past few months has been oppressive.

I forgot to bring with me my rubber 'condom' beer holder, when drinking those tinnies of Heineken outdoors, they lose their chill in minutes  >  warm beer! Forced to drink indoors in the A/C until sunset.

I haven't seen those rubber 'condom' beer holders in Big C or the markets...... 

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Get your sweater out of the wardrobe, as you might need it by the end of this month, as Thailand will enter the cold season during the fourth week of October, with temperatures expected to drop to 20 degrees celsius in the north.

We will survive... 

Ice-man.jpg