Police shooter in NE massacre was addicted to drugs since high school - got drugs from another ex-cop

webfact

7 hours ago, Ginner said:

This guy didn't flip. Reading the report, this guy was a disaster waiting to happen, but because of the (loss of face) attitude of the RTP. This guy should have been off the force and sectioned  years ago,. 

He had flipped a long time ago which makes it even more surprising that he bought his way into the police.

4 hours ago, chalawaan said:

It's not just a Thai thing necessarily.

In the 1980s a Friendly London copper once told me, and I quote: "To get fired from the job, you've got to practically rape the Queen!"

There's a lot of bad apples the world over. 

But yeah, Kalaland is on a whole other level. 

Not true...had a pal who was fired from the police....he was dishonest and rather dim.... not sure which did in for him.

15 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Could be that he was making regular large financial contributions to those further up the food chain and those directly above him were unable to take any action ? 

You are likely right. So what is the difference between the RTP and the NY Mafia? Sounds like most cops are the equivalent of "made men". Virtually untouchable. 

Is it even possible to reform such a rotten, corrupt and horrendously foul institution? The name itself becomes a joke. 

4 hours ago, chalawaan said:

It's not just a Thai thing necessarily.

In the 1980s a Friendly London copper once told me, and I quote: "To get fired from the job, you've got to practically rape the Queen!"

There's a lot of bad apples the world over. 

But yeah, Kalaland is on a whole other level. 

I think there are a lot of bad police departments out there. Was watching a documentary last night about Suge Knight. The FBI agents were saying Biggie' assassination was an institutional hit, done by members of the LAPD. Granted they are one of the foulest police departments in the US. But, assassins for hire? 

However, the RTP seems to set a new standard. The corruption and willful malfeasance is staggering. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

41 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Is it even possible to reform such a rotten, corrupt and horrendously foul institution? The name itself becomes a joke. 

To reform the RTP needs a complete overhaul of Thai society, because there in lies the problem, the general mindset that corruption is not necessarily a bad thing. There have been polls for many years with questions about corruption, and they always show that at least 65 to 70% of the Thai people are not opposed to corruption: as long as they can profit from it!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/7/2022 at 12:07 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:

RTP must shoulder some responsibility due to their inability to properly deal with this animal. 

To be fair, they did try to get him into rehab, and then fired him. 

If he had worked as a postman, would you hold the Post Office responsible ? 

23 hours ago, robsamui said:

It's not a "story", it is the established process in Thailand. It doesn't matter whether you are a bank manager or clerk, government employee or policeman - you have to buy your way into the job. And the greater the job-opportunities for bribery, extortion, or other corruptions, the higher the cost to get in.

Yes, this is true. The director at the largest school in Khon Kaen was recently in court, accused of paying 50 million to secure his job. He was acquitted but 10 people in the Moe were jailed for receiving????

Immigration officers have the hardest time securing their positions in towns with lots of foreigners. I know one who paid 5 million and she is junior. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

You are likely right. So what is the difference between the RTP and the NY Mafia? Sounds like most cops are the equivalent of "made men". Virtually untouchable. 

Are you talking about the mob or RTP in the second paragraph? 

There are many similarities to the two. 

You'll find that not many are happy with the police but many westerners like the mob, or feel safe, especially with the likes of the Kray twins in East London. 

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Are you talking about the mob or RTP in the second paragraph? 

There are many similarities to the two. 

You'll find that not many are happy with the police but many westerners like the mob, or feel safe, especially with the likes of the Kray twins in East London. 

I do not make any distinction between the so called mafia here, and the RTP. I do not think there is much of a distinction to be made. 

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I do not make any distinction between the so called mafia here, and the RTP. I do not think there is much of a distinction to be made. 

They are interwoven, like the 5 families in NY. 

I think many non Americans don't understand that to do business in NY, especially in construction, you need to deal with the mob. 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Ginner said:

This guy didn't flip. Reading the report, this guy was a disaster waiting to happen, but because of the (loss of face) attitude of the RTP. This guy should have been off the force and sectioned  years ago,. 

I agree with your last sentence, but "flip" and "disaster waiting to happen" seems to me same, same - not much different!  

14 hours ago, realfunster said:

No civilized country employs such a model for drugs offenses…but great, you sounded off and got a few likes from the brain dead crowd.

I would venture to guess that most people consider Singapore a very civilized country...and certainly much safer (civilized?) than all your supposed "civilized" Western and other countries that have banned capital punishment. Drug trafficking is a singularly pernicious crime, with widespread societal harms, which the wise leaders of Singapore recognize, and a strong deterrent is needed.

On 10/7/2022 at 4:26 AM, ed strong said:

Pretty sure there's no correlation between height and potential for addiction to yabba / meth.

Ive never met many policemen with a university degree!

I think the only qualification is to increase and recycle the ammount of drugs currently in production / circulation.

I met Taksin at a temple in Essarn. He has a degree in Police Sciences from a university in the US. he was a serving policeman before going into business and politics. While studying he worked at MacDonalds.

On 10/7/2022 at 4:14 AM, zyphodb said:

Why would anyone, even with a Thai standard degree join the RTP?

Taksin has a degree in Police Sciences (a MA?) from a US university. He served with the Royal Thai Police before going into politics and business. 

On 10/7/2022 at 12:49 AM, Expat68 said:

I live in neighbouring province, I have heard this story many times, the student goes to college, once leaving college with his/her certificate (????) applies for a job at a hospital/government establishment, then the parents of the student(s) pays money under the table to secure the job.

That's just business as usual. GF's family applying for a gov job, doesn't pay much but will cost 200K.

And no I'm not asked to help pay.

• Like 2

On 10/7/2022 at 2:32 PM, redwhiteandblue said:

He's a product of the Thai "mai pen rai" attitude and avoidance of conflict. This is a scurge of Thai society.  Don't want to deal with problems as they arise.

Glad you said it.  I was about to type this myself and thought it might be an unpopular opinion.

I had a feeling that most people would be blaming the police 100%, but as I was reading through the article it was like a checklist of "Thainess".  Don't criticise, don't make a fuss, avoid confrontation, avoid consequences.

The police obviously bare some responsibility, of course, but Thai society is part of this also.

"Mai bpen rai" is great in some situations, in others, not so much.

It will be interesting to see what the response will be long term.  I can remember what happened after the Dunblane massacre in England.  Most of the responses I have seen on social media have not been about why it happened or how to stop it happening again.

14 minutes ago, d4dang said:

Taksin has a degree in Police Sciences (a MA?) from a US university. He served with the Royal Thai Police before going into politics and business. 

Did he enter as a typical recruit and officer, or was it determined that he would rise quickly through the ranks before he even got in?

• Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 12:07 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:

RTP must shoulder some responsibility due to their inability to properly deal with this animal. 

Animals do not shoot other Animals...he was just pure evil...

36 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Did he enter as a typical recruit and officer, or was it determined that he would rise quickly through the ranks before he even got in?

He was a cadet at the Police Cadet School and joined the RTP in 1973, He received a Masters in Criminal Justice in 1973 at Eastern Kentucky State University and a PhD in 1978 from Sam Houton State in Texas. He would rise through the ranks ending up a Lieutenant Colonel. He was a bureaucrat in the Planning Division. He married the daughter of a Police General. He served from 1973 to 1987.

He was going to rise through the ranks due to family connections.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2022 at 4:26 PM, d4dang said:

I met Taksin at a temple in Essarn. He has a degree in Police Sciences from a university in the US. he was a serving policeman before going into business and politics. While studying he worked at MacDonalds.

Exactly how many Thai policemen have been to the US, less than 0.01%