Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Police shooter in NE massacre was addicted to drugs since high school - got drugs from another ex-cop

webfact

3 hours ago, keithkarmann said:

Maybe the powers that be will change their recruiting methods now and do proper checks on applicants to all government positions and not rely on who can pay the most.

No they won't, they'll carry on as usual!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

RTP must shoulder some responsibility due to their inability to properly deal with this animal. 

A little bit of the blame ? Are you kidding this piece of s"it if he was an ordinary member of the public should have been sent to prison for that behaviour for the publics safety. Now that he was a policeman no way should it have been tolerated I never thought there was a big enough rug even in Thailand to sweep that under.

I can see a few people shuffling to that inactive posts very soon

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Random blood tests like we have in the Oil & Gas industry

In Australia it was the saliva/drug test at the end of your hitch, but more worryingly an (alcohol) breathalyser every morning. You had to blow zero numbers. If you blew any numbers (even 0.01) on 3 occasions you were supposed to be fired.

Little kids stabbed to death, pregnant teacher shot, others shot dead.  Horror.  Parents, survivors, witnesses all traumatised for life. 

RTP turned a blind eye on the illegal and atrocious behavior of one of their own.  Intervention a very long time ago and sacking this junky psycho (even better - never giving him the job) could have at least averted yesterday's massacre. 

How do you fix this broken system?  So entrenched.  

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

In Australia it was the saliva/drug test at the end of your hitch, but more worryingly an (alcohol) breathalyser every morning. You had to blow zero numbers. If you blew any numbers (even 0.01) on 3 occasions you were supposed to be fired.

We used to get random checks for drugs and a daily one for drink in Papua New Guinea 

Did drugs since high school, violent history, got his drugs from another cop, not doing his job. So all the necessary requirements to become or be a cop, then.

Jeez, how can someone like that even enter the TGP? Don’t they have some kind of screening process? Or are the ‘qualifications’ that this guy had actually viewed as positive and contributing to the RTP? 

7 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

We used to get random checks for drugs and a daily one for drink in Papua New Guinea 

We never had any checks when I was in PNG. Did manage some local rum one night. It was a dry crew, mainly because with the natives there was a risk that they could start hacking lumps out of each other with bush-knives if they got pished! 

All you negative people are focussing on this 'demon' that deserves no mention.

There is no good now in condemning him.. it is over.. try to forget this evil inhuman monster.

Has anyone asked how to donate to the families of lost ones?   OR, do you wait for a 'poor' uninsured to raise a GoFundMe?

I would gladly donate to these families, but I will be met with more depressing negative <deleted> from lonely people...  ????

If anyone can let me know how I can donate to the families it would be appreciated.

5 minutes ago, damo1967 said:

I would gladly donate to these families, but I will be met with more depressing negative <deleted> from lonely people...  ????

If anyone can let me know how I can donate to the families it would be appreciated.

I am quite sure that you wouldn't face the deleted word, (whatever that was) , from any forum posters if you made a donation to the Families and I m quite sure you would be supported for your actions , really no need for you to go on the attack (against other forum members )

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I am quite sure that you wouldn't face the deleted word, (whatever that was) , from any forum posters if you made a donation to the Families and I m quite sure you would be supported for your actions , really no need for you to go on the attack (against other forum members )

If you want to say something to me in person, I suggest you get down to Tira Tiraa in HH.  Happy to talk...   ps. Only thing you should be sure about, is that I know your mom!

6 minutes ago, damo1967 said:

If you want to say something to me in person, I suggest you get down to Tira Tiraa in HH.  Happy to talk...   ps. Only thing you should be sure about, is that I know your mom!

Thank you for the invite , but I would rather keep the dialogue exclusively  on the forums , BTW , where do you know my Mum from ?

• Like 1

"got drugs from another ex-cop".

In our village the real cops give it to the dealers to distribute.

Usually ex-cops aren't allowed that extra income stream, only active police.

Yaba and Ice are the number 1 problem in this country. 

• Like 2

If this story was in another country you'd find it hard to believe, but here not so!

Are there ANY background checks on applicants? As for his behaviour, all I can say is he must have been a good "earner".

The comment about nobody cared when I had 106 yaba pills , one could speculate the reason was because his reporting officer knew about it and knew that he was going to be in for a good 'kick up' 

The real sad thing is that nothing will change.....you gotta feel for those who have lost children. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dont confuse me said:

If this story was in another country you'd find it hard to believe, but here not so!

Are there ANY background checks on applicants? As for his behaviour, all I can say is he must have been a good "earner".

The comment about nobody cared when I had 106 yaba pills , one could speculate the reason was because his reporting officer knew about it and knew that he was going to be in for a good 'kick up' 

The real sad thing is that nothing will change.....you gotta feel for those who have lost children. 

if this story was in another country you'd find it hard to believe, but here not so!

RIP to the victims.

sadly this thai bash won't hold water, police officers can slip through the net in many countries, just two examples, there are loads more if you search;

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/sep/30/sarah-everard-murder-wayne-couzens-whole-life-sentence

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jul/27/george-floyd-police-officers-j-alexander-kueng-tou-thao-sentenced

5 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Interesting to watch, for example, Doctor's groups rail on about the horrors of cannabis, while this country rots away from the methamphetamine plague.

2 hours ago, norfolkandchance said:

I wonder if the killer got started on Cannabis.

Dunno, but you can bet this case will be used by those trying to get it banned again.

The guy was likely a sicko even without the yabaa. All of his prior shenanigans are reprehensible, but the going for the gun on the bank manager should have been the last straw. Scumbag should've been strangled at birth!

So his station chief took no action against him for his failing to obey orders. Possession of drugs and drug taking. Criminal offences ordinary members of the publio are arrested and jailed for. Talk about bring thailand's name into disrepute.????

• Like 1

He would discharge his weapon when drunk and once shot a dog owned by a member of the public. The police managed to keep this quiet so that Panya was not prosecuted.

Seems like they seemed to keep an awful lot of things quiet about this "time bomb"!

How on earth did he keep his job? He must have paid an awful lot of money to get it in the first place!

2 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

So he joined the police at the Yannawa station in 2012, presumably through connections and/or paying a bribe.  After 7 years in Bangkok he was transferred to Isaan which was presumably a punishment.  Yannawa is a lucrative area in the centre of Bangkok. It is unlikely that a cop would volunteer to undergo a drastic cut in bribe money by moving to the boonies of Isaan.

All the information about his poor behaviour is from his 3 years in the force in Isaan.  How about some information about what he did in 7 years in Bangkok and what he did to get transferred to the boonies. The police should also shed some light on this practice of punishing police by sending them to low income parts of the country where they can't make so much money. People have to live in those places too.

Are you actually suggesting transparency and honesty from the RTP? Are they not above the law? Why would the franchisees break ranks and spill the beans about the fortunes they are earning and how the process works? 

• Thanks 1

My wife’s closest gf’s boyfriend is a high ranking policeman in Thailand. He frequently takes ecstasy and other illegal drugs. I’m afraid it’s part of the culture now and waaay beyond “out of control”.  

On another note, violet crime in Thailand is becoming a real problem and of course it’s underreported. There are times when I feel safer in the USA and that’s saying something. (Although crime stats back home aren’t reported fairly either because an overwhelming majority of said crimes are isolated to the inner cities. Not suggesting that it’s not a problem, but it is what it is. Also, mass shootings account for 0.1% of all gun-related homicides, which makes them extremely rare.)

One thing that stands out to me above all is that, generally speaking, Thai people have an extremely short fuse. I feel safer getting into an argument with someone back home. 

Edited by macgt3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, off road pat said:

You beat me to it, wanted to day the same thing,...

Hummmm.

In which way is it better to say that someone beat you at a comment on a subject, rather than simply say that you 'agree' with such a comment,,, ????