Rotary sander recommendations?

proton

For getting light rust off metal roof panels. The good looking ones on Lazada often have no warranty, ones that do can get bad reviews and some are for wood. Never used one before so don't want to spend thousands on one for one job. This is the sort of thing but even sold by TOA this has no warranty either

https://www.lazada.co.th//products/i3959756821-s15300940827.html?spm=a2o4m.cart.0.0.210e6108h6PiE4&urlFlag=true

18 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

The one in the link is an orbital sander used for fine finishing. If the roof panels are corrugated do you need to get inside the corrugations?

No its mainly flat the dented parts can do with a wire brush

Do you have an electric drill? Have a look at Flap Wheels there are a couple on Lazada or sets on Shopee

Or even a Scotch-brite type one? 

https://shopee.co.th/5อัน-ล้อสก๊อตไบร์ทล้วนสีแดง-240-มีแกน6มม.-ขนาด-Size-60x25x6mm.-NON-WOVEN-FLAP-MOUNTED-WHEEL-Red-240-MOUNTED-Scotch-B...-i.759367380.20252708030?sp_atk=d00c9074-76bf-4ed2-9bbf-0f5d2bfb7b0a&xptdk=d00c9074-76bf-4ed2-9bbf-0f5d2bfb7b0a

Edit: Buy a cheap pair of sunglasses, as well.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

My first thought was a drill but it seemed might be easier with a sander

2 hours ago, proton said:

For getting light rust off metal roof panels. The good looking ones on Lazada often have no warranty, ones that do can get bad reviews and some are for wood. Never used one before so don't want to spend thousands on one for one job. This is the sort of thing but even sold by TOA this has no warranty either

You want one of these flap wheels 

2C73E655-3A06-489A-8F72-5E85B2AD630F.thumb.png.06834d488e632d976f501c42e4d7e683.png263B50CF-6076-4555-AA80-E27CDB57C55F.thumb.jpeg.205cc379f45157c5d5a817f776238a47.jpeg

FWIW the warranty means nothing once you have started using it

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Don’t do that if you have any thoughts of your eyesight surviving stuff hitting your face.

safety glasses are cheap enough and won’t shatter or let bits damage your corneas 

Sorry I even mention eye safety. It was to provoke thought. 

I don't consider it my place to give people chapter and verse but, as I said, provoke thought. 

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Sorry I even mention eye safety. It was to provoke thought. 

I don't consider it my place to give people chapter and verse but, as I said, provoke thought. 

There are a lot of people on the forum who would not know exactly how dangerous cheap sunglasses can be if used in place of an equally inexpensive pair of safety glasses if the glasses suffer an impact

Thought provocation is a good thing but starting from the right place is equally, or more, important. If you know that your audience is sufficiently well versed then no problem, however I know from experience that though people on the board may be highly educated expecting the knowledge that they need glasses with a polycarbonate or NXT/Trivex lens material is less common knowledge.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1