Thailand believes condemnation will reduce chances of resolving conflict in Ukraine

webfact

19 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

A peaceful democratic nation? Please don't tell me you mean Ukraine. Has it not been fighting a war in Donbas since 2014?

Would you rather Thailand had faced thousands of deaths and large scale destruction by not surrendering to a superior military force? Think about what happened in China. Is that what you wish had happened to Thailand?

IMO they did the only sane thing in the circumstances.

What happened in China was that the country stood up against the expansionist member of the Axis unprovoked invasion of a sovereign country. It is about defending your country with pride and not allowed an imperalistic country to dictate their will on China even it meant deaths and destruction. Like what happening in Ukraine and that's a sane and patriotic stance. 

24 minutes ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

Thailand mostly always has been a fence sitter, I ask this question what for example if this was taking place in Thailand and they were reaching out for Allie assistance ??!! Put the shoe on your foot Thailand  !! 

They abstained; they didn't vote against the resolution. IMO it won't make any difference and realistically, I doubt any prospective tourists will be cancelling their planned trip to LOS, or there will be an exodus of aggrieved  farang expats over this.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand abstained during the UN vote to condemn Russia’s annexation of four regions of Ukraine because it believes that such condemnation, when the situation in Ukraine is escalating, will reduce the chances of resolving the conflict through diplomatic means, according to an explanation issued by Thailand’s Foreign Ministry

Yeah, right…but don’t worry yourself foreign ministry, Ukraine is resolving the situation on the ground.

Though if Russia withdraws forthwith a lot of lives could be spared. 

2 minutes ago, anandra said:

Particularly this Milchakov is somewhat crazy guy. I think the war is the right place for him.

I remember when he was young, he posted videos where he cut puppy's heads.

Normally, russian nazis sit (and sometimes die) in prisons. Russia is very multicultural and multinational. It can't afford nazism.

In Ukrain they are flourish.

• Haha 2

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Abstaining is indefensible? LOL.

russian invasion of sovereign nation is generally not considered to be a "good thing" as some on here seem to be trying to defend...kinda reminds me of a guy named adolph

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, pomchop said:

russian invasion of sovereign nation is generally not considered to be a "good thing" as some on here seem to be trying to defend...kinda reminds me of a guy named adolph

Don't know why you quoted me, as I'm talking about the abstention in the UN not the Russian invasion.

5 hours ago, twix38 said:

oh tell me another one lol.

All respectable countries voted to condemn Russia. Not back, excuse or play politics 

Thailand cannot play politics, the unelected PM and his Junta are not politicians, but soldiers who should stick to their barracks and parade grounds.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, plus7 said:

Particularly this Milchakov is somewhat crazy guy. I think the war is the right place for him.

Normally, russian nazis sit (and sometimes die) in prisons. Russia is very multicultural and multinational. It can't afford nazism.

another manipulation))) any prove about floursih?? as I told you ruscism is far worse than nazism. In Ukraine any nazism and cominism is forbidden by the law. The rest is your fanasies. 

• Like 1

Just now, JimmyJ said:

Why should they when they have Ukrainians to do the dying.

YeS, you ar eright, the ukrainians make russian invadors  dying, saving the Europe. If France and Germany do not know it, Poalnd, the Baltic countries, Finland, the Caucasian republics know it perfectly

• Like 1

Seems that we could be on the brink of nuclear war, similar to 70 years ago during the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962.

One of the only differences being that back then, the US had a President that opposed the Military-Industrial complex and the bankers that were pushing for regime change to any country daring to defy them. (He of course paid the price for this, 1 year later).

Fast forward seventy years later, and the media are now showing us the well-appointed nuclear bunkers of the elite, and indeed advising people of steps to take during a nuclear attack, <deleted>: 

https://abc7ny.com/nyc-nuclear-attack-psa-emergency-management/12044514/

This can only be solved by diplomacy / detente, yet the prevailing narrative is all-out aggression against Russia. Utter madness.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, plus7 said:

total russian policy is a new way of nazism, even worse, the ruscism, what are you talking about, starting from their leader, and passive zombified population, that in their majorityt supports everything the dictator is doing..

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, anandra said:

another manipulation))) any prove about floursih?? as I told you ruscism is far worse than nazism. In Ukraine any nazism and cominism is forbidden by the law. The rest is your fanasies. 

Before going to another proof-request, what about your previous "this is a manipulation" statement about tattoos ?

1 minute ago, anandra said:

total russian policy is a new way of nazism, even worse, the ruscism, what are you talking about, starting from their leader, and passive zombified population, that in their majorityt supports everything the dictator is doing..

Any proof that this is "even worse"? haha.

I don't like russian policy either.

37 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

My bet is it will side with China & co .

That should not be a surprise to anyone that knows the relationship with China goes back hundreds if not thousands of years.

If it came down to it, I expect the Chinese connection will win over the comparatively recent alliance with the US, especially when they take the American habit of fighting in foreign countries and then leaving the erstwhile host country to sort the mess left behind into account.

Also , let us not forget that the voice of Thailand is by way of a military government and the vote to abstain was made by the Thailand foreign minister who is also the deputy P.M.  

So the country of Thailand is not a democracy and political decisions are not necessarily the wish of the Thai people . But that opens another can of worms .  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, plus7 said:

Any proof that this is "even worse"? haha.

I don't like russian policy either.

Putin may or may not be even worse than Hitlerian Nazis; it doesn't have to be that sort of dark competition but there is zero doubt that Putin is a fascist dictator with no regard for human life including fellow Russians. If he does lead the world to MAD, then he will then be in his own special category in the history of villains.

Opinion | Putin Isn’t Just an Autocrat. He’s Something Worse. - POLITICO

Putin’s style of leadership differs from his recent predecessors. That difference helps explain his war against Ukraine.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Agree totally, except for "Seems that we could be on the brink of nuclear war...".

Not "seems", the world IS on the brink of nuclear war.

Yet this will be ignored by 95% of the posters here.

Could there be a clearer example of being fully propagandized?

IMO we have been "on the brink" since humans decided that MAD was a good idea. A flock of geese almost induced an American nuclear strike back in the '50s.

If it happens, it happens, just like tsunamis, volcanic eruptions etc. Other than on threads like this I don't even think about it at all.