Thailand targets Indian tourists for post-pandemic rebound

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Chinese tourists used to account for more than one in four arrivals. But they haven't yet returned while Beijing continues its zero-COVID restrictions.

At least they're being honest for a change instead of trying to claim that millions of Chinese tourists are already returning.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, micmichd said:

OP is about Indian tourists. Chinese tourists can come later. M

I know it's off-topic but I'm just teasing you..

Being a numbers guy (neurodiverse?) but i couldn't help noticing that unlike most posters, and all on this thread, that you have over 6K posts but only less than 2K likes/reputation.. most people have accumulated more likes than posts.

So people are reacting to/liking less than one of every three posts. 1/3. Seems what you have to say isn't that popular...

My advice to you is to go for the low-hanging fruit to rectify this imbalance.. ????

28 minutes ago, bobbin said:

I know it's off-topic but I'm just teasing you..

Being a numbers guy (neurodiverse?) but i couldn't help noticing that unlike most posters, and all on this thread, that you have over 6K posts but only less than 2K likes/reputation.. most people have accumulated more likes than posts.

So people are reacting to/liking less than one of every three posts. 1/3. Seems what you have to say isn't that popular...

My advice to you is to go for the low-hanging fruit to rectify this imbalance.. ????

Wow I never noticed the post and like differential before...

That's kind of cool....

14 hours ago, Emster23 said:

I'm American and love them. Thais don't seem very adventurous in food realms... they don't seem to like Mexican either.... Not sure if I'd cound McD's & KFC as food....

I told my Thai wife when she first arrived in America, if she doesn't learn to like Mexican food, our marriage won't last too long! ????

she loves it now and she has always enjoyed Indian food even when she was in Thailand. 

• Love It 1

51 minutes ago, BayArea said:

I told my Thai wife when she first arrived in America, if she doesn't learn to like Mexican food, our marriage won't last too long! ????

she loves it now and she has always enjoyed Indian food even when she was in Thailand. 

Yes I do love Indian and Mexican food as well and most of the whingers here do as well they just are not happy with they"re  racist remarks

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, gearbox said:

Didn't take that long for racial slurs to start coming .  Looking forward to Thailand to raise the retirement extension requirements from 800k to 4m. Force the scum to pay more to enjoy the privilege to be here. Flush them out.

The fee to sign off on that requirement will increase, and hence the amount the agents charge. I find more people these days don't hold the money.... likely as 800k is so much more in their home currency terms. 

On 10/13/2022 at 5:22 PM, Why Me said:

Kind of strange. I have lived in India. Except for weddings and such occasions where security is assured Indians won't flaunt gold jewelry. Certainly not on city streets. And yet in Thailand ...

May be to impress a lady boy!!

Targeting Indian tourists?

That will push up the travel insurance rates. Not sure if Green Socket Slime is covered if it's life long.

Not sticking my plug in a hole when it could result in a lifetime of custard dribble.

Time to up sticks.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/superbugs-making-gonorrhoea-hard-to-treat/articleshow/59497786.cms

If farangs are unable to force their governments to stop committing collective economic and social suicide ruining those who they must serve theoretically, Thailand will be targeting more sensible countries. No significant numbers of farang tourists can be expected to come, they will be busy trying to survive in home countries.

On 10/14/2022 at 4:22 AM, Why Me said:

Kind of strange. I have lived in India. Except for weddings and such occasions where security is assured Indians won't flaunt gold jewelry. Certainly not on city streets. And yet in Thailand ...

I spent 4 months in India many years ago and yes they do not show anything of value not even the clothes on their back as anything can be sold there for a price. So when they come here they must have a high value placed on the insurance companies for each item.

1 hour ago, Road Hog said:

I had my first taste of dog in India, couldn't read the menu, not English.

My first try was Angin Goreng in Timor Timor.

I knew exactly what it was but they were so poor that was the only meat available.

That same trip I saw an injured dugong float into the harbor in Kupang.  A mob of guys clambered into the water hosted the beast up on the sidewalk, slaughtered it in the gutter then started selling the meat to passers by of the cement pavement.

Edited by Adumbration
  • Like 2

This is one of the few times I feel that this is a good thing because... the Chinese are NOT coming back.  Just look at the new speeches about zero covid to the neighbours in the north.

I would suggest that Chinese won't travel for maybe a decade now.  The boon days of tourism based on Chinese tourism are officially over.