Flat owner attacked by gang of ten men with guns: Police suspect marijuana deal gone wrong

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Thai Rath

The owner of a flat in Thonburi was brutally assaulted by a gang of ten men with rifles or war weapons who attacked him at his residence on Friday night.

The victim knew the assailants and even willingly opened the door to them.

Shots were fired in warning and then he was pistol whipped causing injuries that required 60 stitches. 

Before the gang fled they collected the spent cartridges. 

The incident was followed by a post on the page of a famous lawyer calling for the Tha Kham police to get cracking and solve the crime.

It happened at some electricity authority flats in Rama 2 Soi 6 in the Bang Khun Thian area of western Bangkok, reported Thai Rath.

Chief of the local police Lertsak Khiamsap said that it concerned a conflict over a marijuana deal. 

The victim was arrested in the past by Region 9 metropolitan police for drugs and had assets seized.

Police are waiting to interview the victim when he has sufficiently recovered but say they know the identity of the assailants.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-10-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Are you saying getting involved in the drug trade is risky?    I remember prohibition and there were gangs trying to control the supply.   

Cash business involves guns...........let's not kid ourselves.   

Try tracing drugs............it's probably not easy.  Maybe with ganja you can figure out the strain, who knows.  

Once I hacked North Korea and took 10 billion in Bitcoins...........you want to swim with the sharks falang???!?!?!?!??!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Before the gang fled they collected the spent cartridges. 

me thinks popo has a little back end on this one. for weed ? hahahah don't print such nonsense. 

who collects their spent casings ? no one in the history of a bad weed deal....can barely remember where i put my bong.

8 minutes ago, stoner said:

me thinks popo has a little back end on this one. for weed ? hahahah don't print such nonsense. 

who collects their spent casings ? no one in the history of a bad weed deal....can barely remember where i put my bong.

who collects their spent casing?

Smart people..   ????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, stoner said:

who collects their spent casings ?

To the yell of "pick up your brass", the British Army.

download.jpg

Edited by Bert got kinky

8 hours ago, connda said:

There is a real push to demonize and therefore ban cannabis.

Marijuana deal gone wrong?  It's legal. 
More likely?  A methamphetamine deal gone wrong.  But nowadays every time a tweeker goes mad it will be blamed on marijuana until they make it illegal again. 

First thought also.

Definitely meth. 

• Like 1