Thai-Swedish resident reveals story of being robbed in thief-targeted neighborhood in Banglamung, urges serious police investigation

webfact

image.jpeg

By Nop Meechukhun

A Thai-Swedish woman, 27, revealed on Saturday, October 22nd, that her house in Soi Map Song, Nong Yai Moo 11 in Nong Prue subdistrict, Banglamung district, was robbed with a total loss of nearly 500,000 baht while many of her neighbours were also robbed in the past year or two.

This follows the complaints from more than 10 villagers who told local reporters that there were thieves in the villages frequently stealing a number of their belongings of their residents, causing fear to local villagers. They, therefore, asked the police to help track down and arrest the culprits for legal prosecution.

One of the victims, Marisa Haapalainen, told reporters that her house was robbed on February 5th, 2021, while nobody was home.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/10/23/thai-swedish-resident-reveals-story-of-being-robbed-in-thief-targeted-neighborhood-in-banglamung-urges-serious-police-investigation/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-10-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

21 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I'd like to know how some of these thieves get in sometimes. There are so many welded bars on my doors and windows, I think you would need a tank to get in. 

The bars are like locks...there to stop honest people making a mistake.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wombat said:

The bars are like locks...there to stop honest people making a mistake.

Yes....welded bars on doors and windows....usually (some are built in)  held there with a masonry plug and small screw....you can literally pull them off!

I sold my bungalow in the Jomtien area because of the frequent burglaries to my property and bought a condo . Theft really is a problem  for foreign residents as well as Thai people. Hiring a Thai security firm was not a  solution.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 11:03 AM, khunpa said:

A heavy safety box and 7 cameras (inside and out) is what I have. Very cheap to get and have installed, compared to the 500k she lost. 

If you believe she had 500K baht I have Ocean front property in Issan for you!  

Banks are where you keep money, then take out as needed at ATM

• Thanks 1

On 10/24/2022 at 7:03 AM, khunpa said:

A heavy safety box and 7 cameras (inside and out) is what I have. Very cheap to get and have installed, compared to the 500k she lost. 

Most of the heavy safes sold here are only "fire proof" and are made of relatively light gauge metal.