Impressive $1 Trillion project ! Would you live in a place like this ?

Social Media

Yes

My dream

Do they have 20 baht noodle soup?

If they have 1 trillion, can they give me 100 billion?

Rich people are the best

Money

Love

Note:  Where is this anyhow, I didn't watch the video?   I don't have time for Tik Tok Tok, spy software!!!!   

OK I checked Saudi Arabia.   Is that near Laos????   city in Cambodia???  Island owned by the Philippines??   I'm from the UK, they only taught me about our past colonies with an emphasis on Africa and India.  Homeschooled by some bloke named blokie bloke bloke.  lol

Just delete this comment........................if it's NOT Pattaya, I'm not going!!!!!!!   lol  

40 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

Wrong country for westerners to settle in....They are candidly (and not so candidly) despised by the Saudi's - let alone the cultural, religious, common belief levels, & legal boundaries imposed by just being there....

Not to mention the "friendly" bordering countries of Syria, Iraq, Iran, Israel, Yemen, & Egypt and resulting situations...

They are the Saudis , it is being build by Saudi Arabia in Saudi Arabia and Westerners haven't been invited and aren't welcome to live there 

• Thanks 1

On 10/24/2022 at 10:47 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

They are the Saudis , it is being build by Saudi Arabia in Saudi Arabia and Westerners haven't been invited and aren't welcome to live there 

If not for the big puddle of oil under the country IMO they'd still be living in mud buildings and riding camels. IMO other than visitors on Haj they have basically nothing to make money from, except dates and suchlike. They could make money from tourism as beautiful country with many historical sights, but they didn't allow western tourists ( other than those working there ) when I was there.

I worked there for years, so some idea of what it's like. Visited the historical town of Diryah, where the buildings are made of mud.

On 10/26/2022 at 12:07 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

If not for the big puddle of oil under the country IMO they'd still be living in mud buildings and riding camels. IMO other than visitors on Haj they have basically nothing to make money from, except dates and suchlike. They could make money from tourism as beautiful country with many historical sights, but they didn't allow western tourists ( other than those working there ) when I was there.

I worked there for years, so some idea of what it's like. Visited the historical town of Diryah, where the buildings are made of mud.

They are starting to slowly open up for tourists.

Dirirya holds fond memories.

Likewise the camels trail (1 &2) up the escarpment.

Have thought about returning someday to see how vastly different it is now. 

Visit Saudi Arabia website

Edited by Paul Catton

On 10/27/2022 at 3:00 PM, Paul Catton said:

They are starting to slowly open up for tourists.

Dirirya holds fond memories.

Likewise the camels trail (1 &2) up the escarpment.

Have thought about returning someday to see how vastly different it is now. 

Visit Saudi Arabia website

Didn't have a camel trail when I was there. I always wanted to ride a camel, but no one in Riyadh I knew of did or had any to ride. I went to the camel market, but they were being sold to eat.

I went to every place the social club put on trips to. One of the most interesting was Graffiti Rock.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Didn't have a camel trail when I was there. I always wanted to ride a camel, but no one in Riyadh I knew of did or had any to ride. I went to the camel market, but they were being sold to eat.

I went to every place the social club put on trips to. One of the most interesting was Graffiti Rock.

The camel trails go back hundreds of years. 

May have been a bit of a crappy social club organizer ????,

Found the following link from a Kiwi lady for a trip there (along with other bondu bashing excursions).

https://kiwilivinginsaudi.com/things-to-do-in-riyadh/view-from-the-camel-trail/ 

4 hours ago, SatEng said:

Shouldn't this be under world news

I was wondering where this $1 trillion dollar project was in Thailand

Has been posted in the Community Pub, Surely people don't communicate solely about Thailand focused when gathering together.

It hardly falls into the category of "World News", my opinion only.

• Thanks 1

On 10/24/2022 at 4:35 PM, Iamfalang said:

Yes

My dream

Do they have 20 baht noodle soup?

If they have 1 trillion, can they give me 100 billion?

Rich people are the best

Money

Love

Note:  Where is this anyhow, I didn't watch the video?   I don't have time for Tik Tok Tok, spy software!!!!   

OK I checked Saudi Arabia.   Is that near Laos????   city in Cambodia???  Island owned by the Philippines??   I'm from the UK, they only taught me about our past colonies with an emphasis on Africa and India.  Homeschooled by some bloke named blokie bloke bloke.  lol

Just delete this comment........................if it's NOT Pattaya, I'm not going!!!!!!!   lol  

Huh?

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

I lived and worked there, medieval.

My tenure was 1977 to 1983.

Would not have called it medieval by any choice of words.

Restrictive, perhaps.

However, being part of a large expat community and with sources, provided all that one could desire.

Pork, Bacon was always in the house c/o the US Commissary. 

Wine was easily made by fermenting grape juice, beer was a little bit harder. However "Blue Ribbon" introduced "Malt" in a can and was available the new supermarkets at the time.

Best years of my fomative life.

Edited by Paul Catton

12 hours ago, Paul Catton said:

Has been posted in the Community Pub, Surely people don't communicate solely about Thailand focused when gathering together.

It hardly falls into the category of "World News", my opinion only.

The thread is:

Forum Home> Thailand> Thailand general chat> Asean Now Community Pub

Note the nomenclature of Thailand- twice

For those who are hard of understanding

• Haha 1

On 10/29/2022 at 1:43 PM, Paul Catton said:

The camel trails go back hundreds of years. 

May have been a bit of a crappy social club organizer ????,

Found the following link from a Kiwi lady for a trip there (along with other bondu bashing excursions).

https://kiwilivinginsaudi.com/things-to-do-in-riyadh/view-from-the-camel-trail/ 

The trails may go back hundreds of years, but no option when I was there, that I knew of, for me to ride on them short of buying my own camel.

According to the article you link to, the author did NOT ride a camel on the trail, went in a car and had a walk. She says nothing about camels still using the trail, and I'd be surprised if there were.

Excellent social club. Did hundreds of trips with them.

Edited by thaibeachlovers