Lazada Getting More Devious

dddave

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Shipping is misleading,they can say free shipping then when you go to checkout it's 38 baht or the max you can discount is 25 baht.

Got my first shipping discount on Shopee yesterday, using ShopeePay, they make it difficult though vs Lazada easy

Yes I like shopee, however, payment proceedure sucks.

• Like 2

I have seen this but believe it may be a sale price listed for a specific time so if buy or put in box outside of that time reverts to full price.  But I could be wrong and indeed it does happen (as have been caught by it also).  It may also be the airline seat price - if someone show interest or buys the price goes up for next customer.  Not nice in any case.  The two things Lazada has over Shopee in my buying is much faster shipments and accepting foreign CC.  

1 hour ago, DUNROAMIN said:

What's difficult about the payment procedure? I just choose debit/credit card and check out. It's as easy as any other site I've used.

Edited by Mark1066
  • Like 1

It might  be that they have some software algorithm that changes the price according to popularity of any item. Or if coming from  outside Thailand, due to currency fluctuations.

I had a similar thing on Aliexpress the other week. I watched the price of an item change daily in a particular store. I put it down to dollar fluctuations.

I stopped watching it for a week or so, checked it again yesterday and the price had  dropped.

Not talking big numbers. Ranged from THB5000 to THB5100.

I've never seen this, and shop everyday on this thing.

It may simply be that you are not logged in correctly, or choosing a shipping or payment option that is not the least expensive?

Perhaps it's applying coupons on multiple orders in a way you are not noticing?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Mark1066 said:

The worst thing about Lazada is they won't publish reviews that mention counterfeit goods on their website, which is a massive red flag as far as I'm concerned.

I found shoddy non genuine products a problem with them. JD Central gives shoppers a warranty o prevent this.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Usually a very simple answer, the shipping can vary dependent on your location. The price initially seen can change dependent on the variation chosen on some products, and also influenced by multi buys and other factors.

I dont go with the notion that there is some algorythm or hidden gremlin at work.

Lastly, the sellers control most of these factors not Lazada who mostly provide the platform for others to sell upon.

Sorry but you are wrong, I clicked on an item but when the site opened (for the same item) the price was significantly higher. Shipping was a separate listed cost. My guess, just a way to trick you into opening the site. Where are the controls to prevent this sort of dishonesty.   

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Mark1066 said:

What's difficult about the payment procedure? I just choose debit/credit card and check out. It's as easy as any other site I've used.

My difficulty is actually logging in most times it is OK, about 1 in 5 times it is not and I have to go through security checks and get a one time security no. This is despite being a regular customer for many years and using the same email and password. This company sure sucks badly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark1066 said:

Well we are in Thailand, why wouldn't you have a local bank account?

Did I say I did not have a local bank account?   Because direct bank transfer payment was previously accepted.  Lazada/Tops/Lotus/The Pizza Co have no issues with my Chase card - but Shopee will not accept.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, DUNROAMIN said:

What's so different or sucks so much about Shopee's payment procedure?  I've just placed an order and clicked on the card that I've registered and the purchase was completed with an OTP...almost exactly the same procedure as Lazada but perhaps takes ten seconds longer to input the OTP.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Well for the benefit of everyone here, lets have the item or link to it, so we can all see this anomaly in action ?

Don't hold your breath!   Wonder why Lazada-bashing and Shopee-bashing has become so popular here lately, I never have any problems with orders as long as I read the information first!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Did I say I did not have a local bank account?   Because direct bank transfer payment was previously accepted.  Lazada/Tops/Lotus/The Pizza Co have no issues with my Chase card - but Shopee will not accept.

Okay but if you have a locally issued debit card then I don't see your problem. I wasn't aware you can't use bank transfers any more - they don't offer that Airpay option now then?