How will Christmas be for you this year ?

Social Media

Just wondering how people celebrate their Christmas here in Thailand.

Has it faded and become just another day ?

Do you still make an effort and put up a Christmas tree and lights ?

Maybe you have kids or Grand kids and keep it going for them ?

We start to decorate the day after we celebrate Thanksgiving here after the Turkey has been eaten and I pull out the decorations.  I have a 6' tall fake tree that has lights, and we decorate it while listening to Christmas music streaming from my Amazon Echo and Bang & Olufsen Speakers.  The GF loves to deck the hall's with all of the Christmas spirit she has learned over the years.  We will have a Christmas Ham this year, which I will order from Villa and have Scalloped Potatoes, green bean salad and homemade applesauce.

I'm on count down from my 8 year old after two failed visits from Santa he wants to see much improvement post covid with a stack of sack busting presents and Santa says yes!! although Mrs Santa is still hesitant quoting how much! and Oh my God often  ???? 

16 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Especially the ones who do not mention what CHRISTmas is/was all about. 

It is the reason for the Season, celebrating the birth and the 3 wise men, along with my son's namesake Joseph, and my Mothers namesake Mary.....

Our 7 year old grandson lives with us and has been asking me "Dad, is it Christmas yet" for most of this year!

We do have a small tree that goes up every year. And we normally have a small party in the evening for close friends and family.

But we don't eat traditional fair such as roast turkey or figgy pudding. Although, this year I'm considering having a go at baking some mince pies.

Same as last year, non-existent.  If it wasn't for the music and in the news or on the forum I wouldn't know it was Christmas. 

Since they stopped selling Butterballs here, it's not even a festive occasion.  Although a good reminder for me to make a batch of eggnog.

Just another day, as are all Christian holidays.

Stopped celebrating Christmas when the daughter asked me if Santa Claus was real.  She screwed herself out of future gifts.

No God ... No Santa Claus, just me, I am both in your world ????

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

It's just another day, the kids still go to school, the post still gets delivered.

Stil waiting for a birthday card sent from the UK in May !!!!

Regarding Christmas ...I put lights up and always try and find a good Christmas dinner .. listen to Christmas songs and watch Christmas movies ...brings back great memories ..

12 minutes ago, RmcaIssan said:

Stil waiting for a birthday card sent from the UK in May !!!!

Regarding Christmas ...I put lights up and always try and find a good Christmas dinner .. listen to Christmas songs and watch Christmas movies ...brings back great memories ..

My one and only Christmas tradition will be watching National Lampoons Christmas Vacation

Cousin Eddie is a national treasure

• Love It 1

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I thought it was the celebration of a 15 year old girl giving birth to the son of a sexual deviant. In any other similar topic you'd all want the guy hanged!

She could have been stoned back then yet it was acceptable to marry young as life expectancy was not all that great....

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Did the Jewish people stone adulterers?

Yep

What is the punishment for adultery in Judaism?

In Jewish law, the offense of adultery is considered very severe and deserving of punishment. The biblical punishment for women who committed adultery intentionally, in the presence of witnesses, after having been admonished, was death (Leviticus 20:10).Sep 12, 2019

56 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yep

What is the punishment for adultery in Judaism?

In Jewish law, the offense of adultery is considered very severe and deserving of punishment. The biblical punishment for women who committed adultery intentionally, in the presence of witnesses, after having been admonished, was death (Leviticus 20:10).Sep 12, 2019

But not for the guy who had to be seen to have 4.cked her?

Edited by KannikaP

16 hours ago, Black Ops said:

Just wondering how people celebrate their Christmas here in Thailand.

Usual Christmas day dinner and party, around 25-30 friends and family, mostly Westerners. Kids playing and having fun. Adults eating, drinking, then making complete teets of ourselves after 4-5 hours. Mark will probably cause a fight around 10pm, Louise vomiting in the toilet.  

Bit weird this year.

Mrs G is flying to Thailand later in November for a month, she actually lands back home on Dec 25th.

Not sure if I can actually be bothered to even decorate the house just for myself, and when she lands on the 25th she's gonna be so jetlagged the only thing she gonna want to do is sleep.

Not a big Ho Ho Ho kinda guy, so I'll probably go to Denver for a couple of days prior to Christmas to be with my daughter, son and his gf.

I guess I just con them into buying the old man dinner at a fancy restaurant to make me feel better lol