David DePape charged with assault, attempted kidnapping in attack on Paul Pelosi

onthedarkside

45 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

The DOJ got it wrong as to who opened door, but we have to assume what Depape was wearing is correct. Goes to show the DOJ aren't always right.

They did not got it wrong. It was clearly displayed in the first affidavit on 31 October.:

"e. DEPAPE stated that they went downstairs to the front door. The police arrived and knocked on the door, and Pelosi ran over and opened it."

(I have already published this quote in a previous thread, with the link). The affidavit can be accessed from here

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/man-charged-assault-and-attempted-kidnapping-following-breaking-and-entering-pelosi-residence

It seems the November 9 court filing is summarising some events compared to the first affidavit. It could be that they stated the two officers opened the door to make it short, as it was not a key point for an indictment.

Storm in a tea cup.....

Edited by candide
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You don't understand why Pelosi defended himself when he was attacked?  Weird.

We don't understand why, when Pelosi was able to open the door for the police, that he did not remove himself from the "dangerous" situation and exit the house to the safety of the police. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

We don't understand why, when Pelosi was able to open the door for the police, that he did not remove himself from the "dangerous" situation and exit the house to the safety of the police. 

As was explained in the video, it doesn't matter who opened the door and people react differently in a stressful crime situation.

Here's one plausible explanation:  Pelosi thought he was safe after the police arrived and didn't think he needed to run away. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

You mean why didn't an 82 year old guy struggling with an armed lunatic behave rationally? Maybe you should have been his coach? Next thing you know, the compulsive conspiracy theorists will be telling us that Paul Pelosi just suffered a scratch, if that, and that the skull fracture never happened. Come to think of it, they probably already are claiming this on the sewage dumps that they get their info from.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, candide said:

They did not got it wrong. It was clearly displayed in the first affidavit on 31 October.:

"e. DEPAPE stated that they went downstairs to the front door. The police arrived and knocked on the door, and Pelosi ran over and opened it."

(I have already published this quote in a previous thread, with the link). The affidavit can be accessed from here

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/man-charged-assault-and-attempted-kidnapping-following-breaking-and-entering-pelosi-residence

It seems the November 9 court filing is summarising some events compared to the first affidavit. It could be that they stated the two officers opened the door to make it short, as it was not a key point for an indictment.

Storm in a tea cup.....

Now try to follow, the latest below link was posted by asean mod, read and get back. Don't pollute this thread. I'm responding to this thread. It clearly states the officers opened door.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/1551006/download

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, placeholder said:

Shorts are not the same thing as underpants.

They are where I am from!

The words are totally interchangeable (pun intended) when referring to undergarments!

Pants in the UK would mean underpants but in the US it would mean trousers!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, candide said:

I am not polluting anything. Sorry to break your scoop but this about the fact that Pelosi opened the door. There is nothing new about it and It's been known for days.

This fact was already displayed in the first affidavit on 31 October, which is still accessible on the DOJ website. It has also been largely diffused by the media.This is an official document, not a draft. They knew it and published it, and it has not been withdrawn. It cannot be more clearly stated:

"e. DEPAPE stated that they went downstairs to the front door. The police arrived and knocked on the door, and Pelosi ran over and opened it."

(The link to the document is on the DOJ page)

They knew it. Your explanation that they got it wrong doesn't stand,

Why didn't they recall it in the latest filing? That's the question.

The indictment dated 08 Nov stated the officers opened the door. Why? Kinda makes a thinking man wonder. Wouldn't they have watched the body cam first?

The whole thing smells fishy. I agree.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

The indictment dated 08 Nov stated the officers opened the door. Why? Kinda makes a thinking man wonder. Wouldn't they have watched the body cam first?

You have never been involved in a criminal police/court action have you? If you had, you would not be spouting the nonsense you have in this thread... Try to understand how the system works before you spew your uninformed comments.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Storm in a teacup....

12 minutes ago, mikebike said:

You have never been involved in a criminal police/court action have you? If you had, you would not be spouting the nonsense you have in this thread... Try to understand how the system works before you spew your uninformed comments.

So please educate me.