Lets say you found a bag or wallet

Sparktrader

Hand it in, there are enough lowlifes already without my help.

I once found a wallet when I was picking up a takeaway in Australia. Took it home, it had business cards in it. I phoned , and asked the guy who answered whether he had lost his wallet. Dead silence for about 30 seconds. I gave him my address, he was on my doorstep in 15 minutes.

He was the local Repco manager, and mightily relieved. While the wallet didn't have a great amount of cash, the corporate credit card had a limit of $50,000.

He did say he would discount anything in the store back to cost if I visited.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

10 minutes ago, Thailand J said:

When It's not ym money i don't want it.

Well done.

Same for me.

Mind you. We manage rental villas.

I could hold a garage sale with all of the stuff that has been left behind in the villa after guests check out.

Phones, credit cards, electric clippers jewellery etc and stacks and stacks of clothes etc

We try and return items but some guests do not respond when we ask.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Well done.

Same for me.

Mind you. We manage rental villas.

I could hold a garage sale with all of the stuff that has been left behind in the villa after guests check out.

Phones, credit cards, electric clippers jewellery etc and stacks and stacks of clothes etc

We try and return items but some guests do not respond when we ask.

My parents used to own a small caravan park in Australia and a guy who was a regular forgot his shoe one time, he was a amputee...

????

• Haha 2

If you are a good person, hand it in. If you are a cautious person ask someone to photograph you handing the wallet over to a policeman at the station. To the police it looks like a souvenir photo. To you it is evidence in case someone accuses you of theft and the policeman denies you ever handed it over. However, not all police are bad. 

Edited by Purdey
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Baron Samedi said:

I'd keep it and have a look inside for information about the owner.

Then I'd contact the owner to sort things out with him/her directly.

Wouldn't give the wallet to a taxi driver or to the Thai police.

No way ????

Good thinking.

• Thanks 1

It's called Stealing by Finding. All found property has to be handed into your local police station within 3 days of finding. After 90 days you can make a claim at the Court if no-one has claimed the property.

6 minutes ago, tandor said:

It's called Stealing by Finding. All found property has to be handed into your local police station within 3 days of finding. After 90 days you can make a claim at the Court if no-one has claimed the property.

Dont touch it. Dont open it. You havent stolen anything.

7 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Dont touch it. Dont open it. You havent stolen anything.

Of course you can pick it up, but take it to the Police Station....as you would in your own country. If you keep it you are stealing it..ok!

Edited by tandor

9 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

I'd do what Charlie would do, minus the first part, it just saves everyone's time. :))

I'm joking of course, I'd hand it in, the question to whom....tricky that one.

Royal Thai Police within 3 days of finding.

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Why?

You said it was 'good thinking' to look inside someone else's property, when it is none of your business but to hand it in. or just leave it where you found it if that is too confronting....as suggested, take a photo of it as is, where is; then hand it in...the RTP will trace the owner as that is their job...that's why!