Lazada and Shopee Poll....How often do you order online...

redwood1

How often do you order online from Lazada or Shopee  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 minutes ago, Denim said:

Isn't this exciting !!

Well with the zillions of choices of things to buy online, I would say its VERY easy to get into the habit of buying online.....The choices on Lazada and Shopee are pretty fantastic these days...

• Thumbs Up 1

I buy about 3 or 4 things on Lazada on the first week of the month, regular purchases such as almonds, macadamias, herbal supplements. I usually get them delivered in one or two days, cheaper than bricks and mortar stores even with a delivery charge.

Lazada has a huge array of products, I am willing to bet Tops and Big C don't stock fenugreek seed.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I buy about 3 or 4 things on Lazada on the first week of the month, regular purchases such as almonds, macadamias, herbal supplements. I usually get them delivered in one or two days, cheaper than bricks and mortar stores even with a delivery charge.

Lazada has a huge array of products, I am willing to bet Tops and Big C don't stock fenugreek seed.

Wow I just bought some Fenuqreek....

They have pretty good prices here I thought...

https://shopee.co.th/ลูกซัดผง-ขนาด-500-กรัม-139-บาท-เกรดคัดมือ-สมุนไพรเพิ่มน้ำนม-ผงลูกซัด-เพิ่มน้ำนม-บำรุงน้ำนม-ให้นม-fenugreek-เมล็ดลูกซัด-i.51475931.7583423366

I often buy things online because it is more convenient in several ways.

I.e. maybe I order something which is relative heavy or big. If I don't order that online, then I have to buy it and take it home with a taxi or buy smaller boxes.

Sometimes things are not available in the usual shops. Instead of going to the shop and finding out it is not in stock I order it online. And if one online shop doesn't stock it then I order it from another shop.

Many things are easy to find online and would be difficult to impossible to find in the real world.

When I shop online, I make sure I buy it from a shop with a good reputation. I never had a problem.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It's an unappetizing seed that is supposed to be effective in lowering blood sugar. When I have a blood test next week, I will find out if that is true in my case. I've been having it before breakfast for about 2 months now.

Thank you. It was mainly a joke following @Jingthingpost "what's a store" but interesting non the less! Would you let me know if it works for you?

One question which was not asked is if people buy now more in total compared to pre-online times.

Personally, I don't buy more than before. Instead of going to shops I just buy it online.

But I guess there are lots of people who buy now more items and spend more money in total compared to previous times.

I order quite a bit online these days, certainly more than I used to.

It was during the early part of the pandemic that I changed my shopping habits and have never looked back.

These days I really only visit an actual supermarket about once a month. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

One question which was not asked is if people buy now more in total compared to pre-online times.

Personally, I don't buy more than before. Instead of going to shops I just buy it online.

But I guess there are lots of people who buy now more items and spend more money in total compared to previous times.

I buy roughly the same as before online shopping, maybe a touch more because some products I would not have been able to find before.  I spent less money though, as online shopping is way cheaper.

• Like 1

Only down side online is the number of fake products or when you buy something they send you a dish cloth, Lazada did rewfund my money, also a friend purchased 5,000 bhat part for the wasjing machine, he recived four pensils, once again Lazada refunded the money. I think these scams work on a percentage of people not trying to get the money back

• Haha 1

I've only used Lazada. I don't like the feel of Shopee. I'm guessing it's market tested more specifically for the natives. 

While Lazada isn't Amazon it's such an incredible convenience. You can find pretty much anything and everything in moments, usually at a good price even with paid shipping, avoiding schlepping all over town just not to even find rarer items at all, then the items are shipped to my condo and held by the security guards (when prepaid). I prepay almost everything. I used to not trust shipments from China with prepay but it turns out they're quite trustworthy too (but slow). That's the main downside -- when the only option is shipping from China. I still wouldn't prepay higher priced items like cell phones although I've noticed some vendors require you to so if I really want something, no choice.

I've been burned occasionally. I don't even bother returning as I estimate the loss is less than one percent of what I buy. OK, clothes are an issue. Sizing is a crop (sic) shoot. So if it's an item you'll want, buy one for size, and then order in bulk. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I use Lavada very often as it saves me explaining to a shop what i want to buy .

My most recent purchase and the most expensive buy was a Grundfos pressure pump CMB 46PT24. 

The local stores were wanting 23900 baht for the pump . Ordering on Lazada the price was 18900 baht with the freight .

Pump works very well .

• Like 1

This poll is phrased incorrectly for me.

I buy absolutely everything online that I can.  And there are now fewer and fewer exceptions of stuff that I have to buy locally.

GF is currently online ordering 3KGs of Avocados from Chiang Rai.  Last batch were outstanding.

It is just pointless dealing with a Thai shopkeeper or one of their staff if you don't have to.

No hidden pricing, no lazy and stupid staff staring at their phones, no time wasted trying to explain what you need, and if things are not up to scratch easy process for refunds.  In another 5 years most Thai brick and mortar retail areas will be ghost towns.  The one in my village is already 75% vacant.  There are a couple of franchises (Singer for example) clinging on for dear life due to their contractual commitments, but the writing is crystal clear on the wall.

Edited by Adumbration
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I use both regularly. My experience is that Shoppee tends to cost a bit less and to deliver more quickly, but to have less items. So I normally check Shoppee first then move on to L\zada if what I need isn't on Shoppee.

I also find that the search functions on both don't work too well (at least nto i nEnglish) and it is often best to use Google instead. The Shoppee or Lazada listing I can't find on their sites shows up on Google readily.

Lazada is now my second choice because their website does not work properly.  Their refund process is also not as streamlined as Shopee.

I also buy a lot of local hardward type items (stainless steel bolts and screws is one example) and the range of this stuff is far superior on Shopee.  Many shops that I buy from have stores on both Lazada and Shopee, and the price for the very same item is always cheaper from their shopee store.  I am not sure why but perhaps Lazadas fees for vendors are much higher than those that shopee charge.

• Like 1

In many instances it's saved me hours searching store to store trying to find what I have in mind.....

Trudging around stores on a search & sometimes hunting with a phone pic down widgets/whatever two aisles away after being told "no have" isn't fun after awhile.....

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I've only used Lazada. I don't like the feel of Shopee. I'm guessing it's market tested more specifically for the natives. 

While Lazada isn't Amazon it's such an incredible convenience. You can find pretty much anything and everything in moments, usually at a good price even with paid shipping, avoiding schlepping all over town just not to even find rarer items at all, then the items are shipped to my condo and held by the security guards (when prepaid). I prepay almost everything. I used to not trust shipments from China with prepay but it turns out they're quite trustworthy too (but slow). That's the main downside -- when the only option is shipping from China. I still wouldn't prepay higher priced items like cell phones although I've noticed some vendors require you to so if I really want something, no choice.

I've been burned occasionally. I don't even bother returning as I estimate the loss is less than one percent of what I buy. OK, clothes are an issue. Sizing is a crop (sic) shoot. So if it's an item you'll want, buy one for size, and then order in bulk. 

Can you please elaborate upon why you don't like the "feel" of shopee?

It has a vastly superior customer service and refund process compared to Lazada.

I have just applied for a refund from Shoppee for some size 44 shoes that I bought on Friday. (Marked as 44 but about 36 in reality).  Took me about 1 minute to do the refund.  There was an option to have courier collect at my house buy I always chose to return by dropping off with Kerry in town.  I just photograph the QR code on the return item page on shopeed and then the lass at kerry just scans that photo on my phone.  Simple.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

Lazada is now my second choice because their website does not work properly.  Their refund process is also not as streamlined as Shopee.

I also buy a lot of local hardward type items (stainless steel bolts and screws is one example) and the range of this stuff is far superior on Shopee.  Many shops that I buy from have stores on both Lazada and Shopee, and the price for the very same item is always cheaper from their shopee store.  I am not sure why but perhaps Lazadas fees for vendors are much higher than those that shopee charge.

I agree Shopee is cheaper I would guess 75-80% of the time....

The plus for Lazada is their website is slightly smoother, and they don't use bloody J&T shipping....

8 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

I agree Shopee is cheaper I would guess 75-80% of the time....

The plus for Lazada is their website is slightly smoother, and they don't use bloody J&T shipping....

The Lazada website is entirel disfunctional for me.  Keep coming up with the swipe buttom left security prompt...especiall when seeking to view product reviews on the second or more page.  Kerry is the gold standard in delivery.  The rest are just hit and miss  J&T are getting better.  Flash is a nightmare and so is ninjavan.  I had one delivery from J&T show up, and the item was late and smashed to bits, the delivery guy was so drunk that he could hardly stand and reeked of whiskey.  I filmed a video of him and posted it for the Vendor to view.

Edited by Adumbration

I buy on the Shopping Platforms for mainly 2 reasons.

The first is that I have a choice of Platform, and therefore supplier Etc.

Secondly is that when I purchase, because of the platforms product detailing and my own research, I know what I am buying, and have to rely less and less on so called Thai " Experts " in a bricks and Mortar store or a Mall Etc.

I have found that by not relying on these Experts, I can usually get the correct result, or very close to it at the first bite.

Of course I am capable of making mistakes, and I have made them , but I have not been blindsided into making them by somebody else giving me spurious information most of the time.

17 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

Can you please elaborate upon why you don't like the "feel" of shopee?

It has a vastly superior customer service and refund process compared to Lazada.

I have just applied for a refund from Shoppee for some size 44 shoes that I bought on Friday. (Marked as 44 but about 36 in reality).  Took me about 1 minute to do the refund.  There was an option to have courier collect at my house buy I always chose to return by dropping off with Kerry in town.  I just photograph the QR code on the return item page on shopeed and then the lass at kerry just scans that photo on my phone.  Simple.

Not really.

I haven't done a scientific analysis.

It's largely a subjective impression but I can say I find Shoppee too noisy.

Also I'm probably influenced by hating their pervasive ad campaigns.

I guess it's kind of like preferring one platform over another because you got used to one first, like Windows.

I feel no motivation to bother switching at all. 

Cheers.