'Not a repudiation': Joe Biden holds off red wave, gets unexpected boost from midterm election

onthedarkside

48 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So Trumps claims that the election was stolen, and he tried to stop the electors in a few states from counting votes, as well as his trying to stop Pence and the July 6th capitol riot to block the certificatio  of the vote are all lies in your view...well well looks like someone has been drinking the Orange kool-aid.  

I think you know what I meant.

4 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I watched both Fox and MSNBC this morning to see their reactions. Hats off to Fox - the hour with Bret Baier et al were blunt and honest. They were getting the point across that in a midterm election, the out-of-office party usually has a solid victory. This year, the Republicans should have swept across the country but didn't, so the question kept coming up, "What could the Republicans have done better to get the expected victory?"

MSNBC and Biden were embarrassing. Victory dances over a less-than-spectacular defeat, and when Biden was asked what he could do better over the next two years to improve Democrats' numbers, he replied, "Nothing." The hubris of that man is part of what is killing the Democratic party.

It's easy to predict a Republican presidential win in 2024. If Joe runs, it's a total fail. If VP Harris runs, the same. And who else to the Dems have?

Tasting those SOUR grapes today? Not surprised. Ham Sandwich is a 100% improvement over Trump. Or better yet Green Trump

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

But of course you cannot refute it.

The National Debt jumped $7,000,000,000,000, or 37% under profligate 45. 45 took over in 2017. Covid did not hit until March 2020, 45's last year.

"It'll disappear, like magic, by Easter".  Yea, 45, and Dewey beats Truman.

45 was an abject disaster. He now seems to be on his political deathbed. He lost the House, Senate and White House for repubs in 2020, and the supposed Red Wave was more the Red Tide....and the tide went out. 45's endorsement is worth as much as last week's losing lottery ticket.

repubs are slow to learn, but they may well have finally accepted that 45 is not their future.

Even the right wing NY Post has moved on from 45, with today's headline: DeFuture.

It would be appropriate for 45 to announce his candidacy at Four Seasons Landscaping, like where Nesferatu Ghouliani held his silly presser to talk about Hugo Chavez' ghost rigging electronic voting machines or traces of bamboo from China found in mail in ballots.

All been through before - 5T of that was in Covid 2020. Boring.

26 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Based on the small sample of Republican voters here it looks like they are ready to dump Trump and go all in on De Santis.  My guess is the democrats will retain the senate with Arizona looking good and I think the more scrutiny of Herschell Walker the better for the Democrats - both morally and intellectually. He's the perfect example of a dud candidate and if I was a Republican I would be embarrassed that he was picked to represent my interests. 

Walker won't get any lift for Kemp not on the ballot for this runoff election. Big time loss for his possibilities

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Based on the small sample of Republican voters here it looks like they are ready to dump Trump and go all in on De Santis.  My guess is the democrats will retain the senate with Arizona looking good and I think the more scrutiny of Herschell Walker the better for the Democrats - both morally and intellectually. He's the perfect example of a dud candidate and if I was a Republican I would be embarrassed that he was picked to represent my interests. 

Well this dud earned a rematch.

7 hours ago, Lacessit said:

One good thing to come out of this, the madness of the Trump cult has been repudiated. The message has even registered with Republicans.

No need to wonder what's going to happen to the "campaign" funds Trump has sucked in from the sheeple.

Trump would be dead since years if we would believe everybody who writes/says now it's over.

One problem with Trump supporters is that they ignore facts and evidence. 

Hopefully the majority of GOP politicians will somehow someday grow a spine and tell Trump they had enough of him and his cult. But somehow I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

28 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Nonsense, Biden is running the country , he’s selected a good team and trey are on the job.

No cozying  up to America’s enemies, no funneling money to his own businesses, no hate bating, no milking the wallets of his supporters, no extorting America’s allies, no mocking the disabled, no spreading dangerous misinformation, no aiding and abetting a deadly virus, no inciting insurrection.

Just doing the job, halving the deficit, getting America back to work again and returning America to its rightful position on the world stage.

Yep he's running it alright - into the ground.

Halving the deficit? Err. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

At t

At the risk of derailing the topic, you are comparing apples to viruses. Trump's first 3 years (pre covid) were quite good economically- unemployment went from 4% to 3.5% before the lockdowns.  Inflation in the 2% range. Gas two bucks a gallon.   

I would LOVE the Democrats to do a victory dance about the mid terms and then get complacent. Biden runs again in 2024 would be a dream for the GOP.   

Did you miss out on todays lesson perhaps. The wave was not part of the election. Biden took a victory lap. Not only can he steamroll Trump by an even larger margin but still "ham Sandwich" will bet out any Republican

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Inflation wasn't a thing 2 years ago so can't blame him for it.

Energy crisis? There was no such crisis 2 years ago and fracking made the US energy independent of imports- they even started exporting oil. So, who stopped the fracking?

No supply chain issues 2 years ago, so what changed? The Republicans were not in charge when they became a problem.

Inflation and energy crisis are global issues. There is no domestic shortage of energy and the U.S. was still a net exporter in 2021 and 2022.

https://www.ogj.com/general-interest/economics-markets/article/14283286/eia-us-exported-record-amounts-of-petroleum-products-in-firsthalf-2022

As concerns inflation, it is also global issue.. Actually, The U.S. is faring better than the OECD average.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The animosity between Trump and De Santis has only just got started.

Exactly. If the RP cant unite their base, Republican voters may be disillusioned and not turn up for the 2024 election giving the advantage to the DP. 

Democrats are breathing a sigh of relief. But their troubles are far from over

America is returning to an era of divided government and two years of grinding trench warfare

It was a result that, Joe Biden said on Wednesday, gave everyone a “whew! sigh of relief” that Make America Great Again (Maga) Republicans are not taking over the government again.

Biden won and Donald Trump lost in midterm elections to decide control of Congress. But just as in 2020, a collective exhalation is not enough to spell the end of political dysfunction in America. Things are about to get messy.

(more)

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/nov/09/biden-legislative-agenda-republicans-control-house-analysis

89259111_TheGuardian.jpg.90090f00ee944818f38c2d4cc29ab7ac.jpg