Fears that Thais will NOT get to watch World Cup on TV after all - SAT go cap in hand to FIFA

webfact

600 million baht is too much to watch grown men on a patch of grass running around kicking a round ball about.

And when they happen to kick it in the net on either side, they run around like crazy or end up taking off their shirt and sliding on their knees and other team members run up to them, jump on them and its all hugging and kissing each other.

The supporters in the stands making loud noises and using foul language.

Edited by userabcd

28 minutes ago, userabcd said:

600 million baht is too much to watch grown men on a patch of grass running around kicking a round ball about.

And when they happen to kick it in the net on either side, they run around like crazy or end up taking off their shirt and sliding on their knees and other team members run up to them, jump on them and its all hugging and kissing each other.

The supporters in the stands making loud noises and using foul language.

I think soccer is a god-awfully boring sport but I do like the atmosphere of the World Cup, it brings people together.

Well except for that debacle in Saffer land with those silly poo-poo-zelas or whatever they're called, I couldn't watch more than a few minutes of that. Plus I was in Australia and we had to suffer that boring old Martin Tyler fella droning on and on ????

However it's now just a money game and that price tag is just silly. 

19 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

I think soccer is a god-awfully boring sport but I do like the atmosphere of the World Cup, it brings people together.

Well except for that debacle in Saffer land with those silly poo-poo-zelas or whatever they're called, I couldn't watch more than a few minutes of that. Plus I was in Australia and we had to suffer that boring old Martin Tyler fella droning on and on ????

However it's now just a money game and that price tag is just silly. 

oops, you almost said Kaffirland there!

Martin Tyler, IMO, has the only acceptable "received English" voice to be found anywhere in tv commentary.  Always relaxing and not like that terrible schmuck Peter Drury, who screams every time a player comes anywhere near scoring a goal.  (Clearly, he is aiming to have his minor private-school voice repeated ad nauseam for years to come.)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

"and no other way to view" - disagree with that statement 100%. The world cup, like almost all international professional sports, can viewed for FREE om vipleague

I doubt many Thais know that  100 % ,    but I have 2 good choices from UK and Australia ,

which will be better than vipleague , those kind of sites are iffy at best ,buffer too much.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JoePai said:
9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why should taxpayers pay for people watching sport?

I am sure there will be options to pay for it and then watch it.

Pay for it!

Expand  

Agree 100% - why should football be 'free to view' when other sports e.g. F1 you have to pay for

Because any free to air productions still cost to produce. Many countries regard the World cup ,globally the most popular and widely watched event and of such great interest to a significant proportion of the Thai population that the many that cannot afford subscription  channel charges should not be precluded from watching such an event. The Thai government covering the cost of screening the event on free to air channels divided by the number that would watch is very small . It’s a service covered by  general taxation 

5 hours ago, Screaming said:

Such a boring sport, there must be something better to do.

soccer.jpg

All countries in the world, except one, like football. The one that doesn't doesn't because they are not allowed to wear woosy safety helmets and girly body pads.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

I doubt many Thais know that  100 % ,    but I have 2 good choices from UK and Australia ,

which will be better than vipleague , those kind of sites are iffy at best ,buffer too much.

regards worgeordie

What are the better ones, how much are they? I just bought a smart TV for the cup.

13 hours ago, JoePai said:

Agree 100% - why should football be 'free to view' when other sports e.g. F1 you have to pay for

Don't agree with you not everybody has pay tv where I live Soccer (Football) is free to watch also Cricket not everybody has money for pay TV

Edited by still kicking

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why should taxpayers pay for people watching sport?

I am sure there will be options to pay for it and then watch it.

Pay for it!

Or grab a ball and play it in real.

I am sure the results will be published somewhere for free.

thai-student-group-training-to-play-foot

Because they want to watch Thailand vs Italy? Oh wait...

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that the SAT had been in touch with FIFA to discount the rights money as Thailand very much wanted to broadcast the games.

Please please please w'ere an impoverished emerging third world economy country...

21 hours ago, JoePai said:

I pay to watch the football games over here PL and Champions League. Only Thai League is shown for free on Thai TV.

• Like 1