Is this wrong?

Sparktrader

I've hit this with happy hours. 2 for 1 often (usually) means only off a short list of low grade drinks like Mai Tai's.

If I want a galangal sour in a decent place, I ask first if its 2 for 1.  

At Uchi's Japanese Gastropub across the road from me, they have really evolved mixology drinks and are straight up 2 for 1, 4-7 PM. 

And they give me 15% off for being a neighbor. I'll be a customer at least once a week for life now.

55 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

So what did the police do?

We agreed to delete the video and no further action. The officers didn't have a clue anyway, I pressed delete, but iPhones store it in a "trash can" for 30 days.

Everyone totally missed the point - I was told that it could be very bad to send the video to their superiors or post online, because they could lose their jobs and could be embarrassing for the company.

Like, no <deleted> Sherlock - that's the whole point, they weren't doing their jobs because if they were there would be no reason to make the video.

Just sayin' - demonstrating outside a restaurant might not have the desired effect poster thinks. Just think, exposing their lies could lead to a loss of revenue or making their restaurant look bad.

8 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I would expect the 99 baht pizza to be a 99 baht pizza... extra small... and when they saw the size 14s, omg - hope the toes were not exposed... they cancelled the special... 

True but cheese only pizza 200 baht, 250 with toppings. 

13 minutes ago, Lacessit said:
1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

Get fined in Oz $30,000+ doing that. A fish n chip shop got fined 70 grand for doing something misleading.

This is Thailand, not Australia. Get used to it.

Silly response...   theres a valid point in there. 

In other countries there are Unfair Trading laws in place which protect the consumer for a reason. 

In Thailand such similar laws do not exist...  We could (and do) just deal with it, after all, its not a big deal, is it ???, or is it ????....  

IF I see a promo advertised, travel to a restaurant that then executes the ‘Bait & Switch’ telling me that promo is no longer available, its false advertising and its wasted my time.

Imagine a large group of friends book a table for 10 for a 1000 baht per head meal...  then once everyone arrives and is seated they are told the meal is 2000 baht each...  Extreme example?.. perhaps... but it highlights the issue of ‘bait and switch’... 

Personally, in similar circumstances I just move on and walk away and of course not bother making an aseannow post about it as I’d face a number of asinine ‘if you can’t afford it.... ‘ type posts... 

But... I understand people can get irritated by this misleading behaviour....   Its tantamount to the restaurant calling its customers suckers and just getting them there, they’ll be too weak to go elsewhere once they find out the real price. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

In other countries there are Unfair Trading laws in place which protect the consumer for a reason. 

In Thailand such similar laws do not exist...  We could (and do) just deal with it, after all, its not a big deal, is it ???, or is it ????....  

IF I see a promo advertised, travel to a restaurant that then executes the ‘Bait & Switch’ telling me that promo is no longer available, its false advertising and its wasted my time.

Imagine a large group of friends book a table for 10 for a 1000 baht per head meal...  then once everyone arrives and is seated they are told the meal is 2000 baht each...  Extreme example?.. perhaps... but it highlights the issue of ‘bait and switch’... 

Personally, in similar circumstances I just move on and walk away and of course not bother making an aseannow post about it as I’d face a number of asinine ‘if you can’t afford it.... ‘ type posts... 

But... I understand people can get irritated by this misleading behaviour....   Its tantamount to the restaurant calling its customers suckers and just getting them there, they’ll be too weak to go elsewhere once they find out the real price. 

I walked. Im not too embarrassed to walk out. Their loss not mine. My gf hates pizza so couldnt share it and zero Thai on menu.

18 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I've had enough of your put-downs, on ignore now.

You were talking about wais being good manners on another thread, singularly lacking here.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

More likely that the pizza special 99 Baht is only on certain days 

Some restaurants have different specials on different days 

49 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Just sayin' - demonstrating outside a restaurant might not have the desired effect poster thinks. Just think, exposing their lies could lead to a loss of revenue or making their restaurant look bad.

I think they were joking anyway.  Most would expect a protest outside a restaurant by a foreigner to end in legal action or a physical assault (possibly both).

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

True but cheese only pizza 200 baht, 250 with toppings. 

I am a simple man who prefers no toppings and I guess most pizzas I buy are around 180 -200 baht... and all a bit disappointing compared to my memories of the homeland in NYC.... and on a philosophical note, having past the summit and meandering through the descent, I have learned that I don't have to sweat the small stuff, especially concerning finances... I have been fortunate and the reward is not having the slightest care as to pizza prices. Not to mention being favored by fortune in being of more normal shoe size and wearing sandals that show off the lovely symmetrical nature of my toes... 

If you like a good foot massage, you should be paying 50% more. Just the opinion of a simple man...