Prayut Says He Is Still Fine After Hun Sen Catches Covid

webfact

image.jpeg

by TNR Staff

PRIME MINISTER Prayut Chan-o-cha said Tuesday afternoon (Nov. 15) that he is still fine and frequently undergoes Covid-19 test after it was revealed that Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen tested positive and had to leave the Group of 20 meetings in Bali earlier in the day, Matichon newspaper said.

Questioned whether he had got a Covid test after coming into contact with the Cambodian leader at the Asean summit in Phnom Penh, Prayut said not only do officials frequently administer tests he also regularly self-tests at home.

“I was tested after returning from the Asean summit in Cambodia and another test took place yesterday (Nov. 14)  when I presided over the opening ceremony of Thailand BCG Exhibition running in parallel with the Apec summit and I am still okay,” he said.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2022/11/15/prayut-says-he-is-still-fine-after-hun-sen-catches-covid/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2022-11-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, anrcaccount said:

Hun Sen is also fine- no symptoms.

He wouldn't even know he was covid positive unless he had a test, why did he even test?

Asymptomatic testing for covid is not something that should be done anymore, no matter if you're  a PM or just a ordinary citizen. 

Catching covid is a good excuse nowdays for avoiding going places or meeting ppl ????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

Of course Prayut isn't worried. He never travels without his Lemon Nasal Spray, developed in Thailand for Thai people to smash covid. Tried and tested during clinical trials on uhhhm, nobody really important.

Bought the newest version yesterday

16685606266824657729281105788997.jpg

as thailand and cambodia are not part of g20, both of them didn't have to travel there at all. Ambassadors were good enough to represent country, if at all.

Prayuth was in phnom penh just a few days ago and met hun sen and all others. That was suppose to be asean, but biden also attended.

This week prayuth will host apec and will have a chance to meet all those from asean and G20.

I am more interested if Biden was infected - at 79 he is the most senior of those 2. And he was seen with hun sen and prayuth shaking hands and talking.

For covid to come up on tests it's 2-5 days after an infection and for some first symptoms to appear.

Personally I would have a great satisfaction if all those parasites and murderers from those 3 summits will get infected and if some of them kick the bucket. They didn't have to be everywhere. Blame is on them.

It's outrageous that Bangkok and 2 provinces have to be shut down for 3 days, just to make it convenient for those bstards to travel to and from their hotels 

Edited by internationalism
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

everyone still needs to exercise caution ... especially the elderly and immune compromised,

wear face masks and continue to practice good hygiene with alcohol spray for the hands.  

Nobody should be testing themselves without symptoms , 'just in case'. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, internationalism said:

hun sen was hospitalised, so likely had symptoms (and probably serious ones).

Yes, possible to get from asymptomatic patients - those are superspreaders 

Please stop spreading fake news. Hun Sen has no symptoms according to his own Facebook and all the news reports.

48 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Please stop spreading fake news. Hun Sen has no symptoms according to his own Facebook and all the news reports.

he was/is hospitalised and that means he had symptoms, rather serious.

That is diplomatic source of information, not facebook post or not mass media article.

"The Cambodian PM is being taken care of at a hospital in Indonesia where he went for the G20 summit, said Nuttaphan Noppakhun, deputy spokesman of the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs." https://aseannow.com/topic/1277882-cambodian-pm-hun-sen-will-not-attend-apec-summit-after-testing-positive-for-covid-19/#comment-17728212

Edited by internationalism

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

he was/is hospitalised and that means he had symptoms, rather serious.

That is diplomatic source of information, not facebook post or not mass media article.

"The Cambodian PM is being taken care of at a hospital in Indonesia where he went for the G20 summit, said Nuttaphan Noppakhun, deputy spokesman of the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs." https://aseannow.com/topic/1277882-cambodian-pm-hun-sen-will-not-attend-apec-summit-after-testing-positive-for-covid-19/#comment-17728212

Your "source" is a link to one of your earlier posts. I think Hun Sen himself is a more reliable source of information than you. He is in fact reporting minor symptoms and has returned to Cambodia.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/cambodia-pm-cancels-g20-meetings-after-testing-positive-covid-statement-2022-11-15/

12 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Your "source" is a link to one of your earlier posts. I think Hun Sen himself is a more reliable source of information than you. He is in fact reporting minor symptoms and has returned to Cambodia.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/cambodia-pm-cancels-g20-meetings-after-testing-positive-covid-statement-2022-11-15/

no, that quote is from the spokesman of thai diplomacy.

No, I do never read hun sen facebook, he is a dictator and liar, not a source of reliable information, even about state of his own health.

So now he has symptoms, earlier he hadn't. That's how illness develops. At age of 70 it can turn for worse and last for sometimes.

He just tested positive, lets see his condition within the next few days.

I do also not believe in anything prayuth writes on his fb and can be suspected, that he is hiding his test results.

I just got omicron from my neighbours, who have symptoms. I never was in any close physical contact with them, as hun sen was to prayuth just a few days ago, when they were hugging and without masks

14 hours ago, anrcaccount said:

You won't find a genuine health professional in the world recommending asymptomatic testing for Covid.

Simply a waste of time and resources. 

Well I just heard a case of someone doing exactly that, and it was beneficial as he could get into isolation.....with cheap and readily available RAT tests I really do not see why not... if one is suspicious they have been in close enough contact. 

It was far from a waste of time as they quickly prescribed anti-virals for him.