Songkran Dates in Pattaya 2023

PaulAndSam

Pattaya it always starts in the Bar areas around the 10th and last day has always been 19th.

12 minutes ago, PaulAndSam said:

Could anybody please tell us if there is a water throwing event similar to pre-covid

No one knows yet, it's still over 5 months away.

Edited by MJCM

Its the same time every year it never changes. The last day is always 19th and starts as early as the 10th on some soi's. If you have never experienced it then fine. However most of us hate it and either go somewhere for 10 days or stay home.

Edited by jimn
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

7 hours ago, KannikaP said:

It really is SO MUCH FUN getting soaked with dirty, cold water, even if you are riding a motorcycle, wearing a suit or carrying a laptop. 555

If you are driving a motorcycle in known areas for people throwing water I would suggest that rightly or wrong you are asking for trouble if you do not protect yourself as if it was rain season.

13 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

If you are driving a motorcycle in known areas for people throwing water I would suggest that rightly or wrong you are asking for trouble if you do not protect yourself as if it was rain season.

In the Bar areas in Pattaya they don't care.

Witnessed (many years ago) a couple in evening attire going to a fancy party walking from their hotel to a taxi which was parked just across the road from the hotel. They just said no and many people were oke with it and didn't throw any water, but some ....... drunk farang unloaded a WHOLE bucket of water on them. He was then punched to the ground by the guy!

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thaifish said:

Public Holidays/bar closure calendar for 2023.

Songkran 13th April to 17th April.

https://thailandformats.com/holidays/2023

Sorry Fishy, but Pattaya doesn't adhere to that.

Oke yes Official Holidays yes, but in Pattaya they already (in Bar areas that is) start as early as the 10th till the BIG day on the 19th. So 9 days of Songkran.

Edit: There was great thread about it by JD (???) with all the questions you could have about Songkran answered but unfortunately it got removed.

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Thaifish said:

@MJCM ok I stand corrected. Aware the dates vary around the Kingdom. 

I know when Songkran is in my part of the world (Buriram) (official days that is) but I don't venture out and make sure that I have enough supplies to see me through it. Same when we lived in Pattaya, participated the first 2 years but after that stuck in the condo for x days.

Still have a scar to remind me off it ????

Edited by MJCM
SpElLiNg and an E too much
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

In the Bar areas in Pattaya they don't care.

Witnessed (many years ago) a couple in evening attire going to a fancy party walking from their hotel to a taxi which was parked just across the road from the hotel. They just said no and many people were oke with it and didn't throw any water, but some ....... drunk farang unloaded a WHOLE bucket of water on them. He was then punched to the ground by the guy!

Well done the guy, I would have done that myself.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MJCM said:

Oke yes Official Holidays yes, but in Pattaya they already (in Bar areas that is) start as early as the 10th till the BIG day on the 19th. So 9 days of Songkran.

And even a few nearby places have special days before and after, Naklua the 18th, Bang Saray, the 20th... or is it the other way around?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...