Beer at 0900

kingstonkid

15 minutes ago, sandyf said:

My wife went to the passport office in Pattaya on Tuesday. Her appointment was 08.30 and I had a walk down Soi 13 along beach road and back up Soi 11. Every bar I passed was being opened up and there was someone there with a beer. Even some sat outside the Sportsman having breakfast had a beer on the table.

Great news, Pattaya's back baby! I was last there in January and it was a bit quiet around that area in the morning. The only people in the bars that early were a handful of BiB who seem to have made the corner of Sai Song and Soi 13 their personal office. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

18 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Most shops are closed til 10am. Who is drinking at 9am?

Ma & Pa shops open, around 5am most of the time.

Can usually get a single shot of Lao Khao for 10 Baht.

( so i'm told )  :giggle:

Edited by Orinoco
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Great news, Pattaya's back baby! I was last there in January and it was a bit quiet around that area in the morning. The only people in the bars that early were a handful of BiB who seem to have made the corner of Sai Song and Soi 13 their personal office. 

I live in Chonburi and go about once a month, busiest I have seen it since pre pandemic. My wife was only about half an hour and then we went down Soi 12 and had breakfast in the LK Empress, now 300 baht but good breakfast. When finished we had coffee outside at the front, what did surprise me a bit was the number of girls walking past with a beer bottle in their mouth.  Always had that on beach road but not so much in other parts.

• Thumbs Up 1

What is the point to drink alcohol in the morning unless you are an alcoholic?

If drinking to often, the alcohol loose its purpose and effect and the joy when it becomes a daily or weekly routine.

Beer taste best after done something and its a nice refreshment in the afternoon. Wine I can enjoy for lunch, but never beer. 

Which is healthier, Beer or a Cola?

Beer any day, it has no fat or sugar (sugars turned into alcohol during fermentation), has fewer calories and less carbohydrates (admittedly a Beer is the same as a couple of slices of bread), plus Beer has more minerals. However Beer has no vitamin C, which if you remember from your early history lessons was why sailors got scurvy. Except the Brits, who were nick-named Limey's by our Amercian cousins. Conclusion, have a Lemoncello with every glass!

Screenshot_20221119-122127_Chrome.jpg.a358319b8768a9fb5f7d05aafaad0680.jpg

"Why do people start drinking in bars as soon as they open". If they are doing this every day or even most days, it is because they have a drink problem.

One out of every three expats I have known and met regularly since I first came here, had drink problems. I imagine it would be much the same today.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, RayWright said:

Which is healthier, Beer or a Cola?

Beer any day, it has no fat or sugar (sugars turned into alcohol during fermentation), has fewer calories and less carbohydrates (admittedly a Beer is the same as a couple of slices of bread), plus Beer has more minerals. However Beer has no vitamin C, which if you remember from your early history lessons was why sailors got scurvy. Except the Brits, who were nick-named Limey's by our Amercian cousins. Conclusion, have a Lemoncello with every glass!

Screenshot_20221119-122127_Chrome.jpg.a358319b8768a9fb5f7d05aafaad0680.jpg

One evil against another evil! 

21 hours ago, steven100 said:

i'm on my 3rd large bottle and i'm half cut ......   :burp:

I thought you stayed off the drink till after 5pm Steven, as before that you always make sensible posts, then after that --------. ????

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Sparktrader said:
On 11/18/2022 at 10:44 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Because they have that option and perhaps they stop at 10am.

Most shops are closed til 10am. Who is drinking at 9am?

Ask the OP, he's the one who made the claim, not me, I just responded to a comment with a suggestion.   But, as you ask, there are plenty of bars/restaurants that are open at 9am in Bangkok so I'd be surprised if there aren't an equivalent number in wherever kingstonkid has conducted his survey.

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Ask the OP, he's the one who made the claim, not me, I just responded to a comment with a suggestion.   But, as you ask, there are plenty of bars/restaurants that are open at 9am in Bangkok so I'd be surprised if there aren't an equivalent number in wherever kingstonkid has conducted his survey.

Looking for beer at 9am how sad

Just now, Sparktrader said:
9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

Looking for beer at 9am how sad

You're entitled to your opinion but it's not me that's looking for a 9am beer.    What's the "correct" time to start looking for a beer, incidentally?

42 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

I 've seen nightshift workers start at 06:30, right after the end of their shift. I could never understand how they could stomach that, but stomach they did.

Get off work 0800, get a tall coors for the drive home, this was in 1980

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You're entitled to your opinion but it's not me that's looking for a 9am beer.    What's the "correct" time to start looking for a beer, incidentally?

I'm slacking today, didn't get started till 1230

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1