Does anyone even care about the World Cup this year?

bob smith

Approx.. 6500 workers from India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Nepal died while constricting those mammoth stadiums, the grounds are socked with the blood of those poor workers, all in the name of a soccer games...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

regarding all the negativity about england goin out early etc, correct me if im wrong but last 2 competitions we have got a final and a semi. granted our friendly games recently have been shambolic but competitively we have been raising the bar..

sod it, COME ON ENGLAND!!!!! ????

Nah, Not brought home the bacon in, what is it, 56 years or more. 

Useless bunch of over paid haircuts. the lot of them.

England is Football, but look at them,   how embarrassing they have all been over the years.

and it don't look any different today.

Edited by Orinoco

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I doubt if many give a rat's bottom about the problems you reference. I worked in Saudi for years and they are just as bad, but rarely a whisper from the oil consuming nations of the world.

The only reason, IMO, that Qatar is getting it is because of the publicity due to the world cup.

Isn't it funny the way people bang on about human rights abuses over that way, then jump in their cars and fill up with Gulf-sourced gasoline? Or benzene or petrol or whatever you want to call it ????

• Like 1

Football ? Nope not my thing, would rather watch paint dry !

Quatar ! Wanted  the exposure and publicity, got all the wrong sort of publicity and attention.

Beckham got paid millions to be an Ambassador for the event and has taken stick ever since.

6500 people have died during the construction of this event etc (alledgedly)

Thailand spent mutli millions to screen and wont allow venues to stay open to watch it !

Thats about all I know, or care to know ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Football ? Nope not my thing, would rather watch paint dry !

Quatar ! Wanted  the exposure and publicity, got all the wrong sort of publicity and attention.

Beckham got paid millions to be an Ambassador for the event and has taken stick ever since.

6500 people have died during the construction of this event etc (alledgedly)

Thailand spent mutli millions to screen and wont allow venues to stay open to watch it !

Thats about all I know, or care to know ????

Great summary! 

Rather disappointing to see what revolves around this "fantastic" world cup.

I'd better sit down in a karaoke bar to listen to those talented singers! 

????

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, garrya said:

I used to love watching football but nowadays just don't care. 

I think Covid had a much larger impact than people realise on top league games.

I used to watch all the games on TV, but the absence of fans on the terraces during covid made the games sterile. I now watch much less than I did before.

If fans want to change the game - stay away for set dates agreed between fans. Clubs will realise without atmosphere they have nothing to sell and no amount of marketing / PR will compensate.

No fans = No atmosphere = No Sponsorship/TV income,