Elon Musk restores Donald Trump’s Twitter account

Scott

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Like I said you live in your own echo chamber

1 person died, shot by police. So police killed him not other protestors. That happens daily. 50m die each year all causes. 1 death is nothing.

Always from the left means the left is always complaining. It doesnt mean the right dont complain.

Hope I have educated you.

• Haha 1

Just now, Sparktrader said:

1 person died, shot by police. So police killed him not other protestors. That happens daily. 50m die each year all causes. 1 death is nothing.

Always from the left means the left is always complaining. It doesnt mean the right dont complain.

Whataboutism is not education it is deflection

• Like 1

No you haven't because your 'facts' are completely wrong. But I guess there are folks who like to follow liars.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Here's another view. Surely society should expect that comments posted on any media should be truthful. And if not, especially when it's obvious the comment is not truthful, there should be consequences.

Because of the vast/scope/breadth of lies and misinformation trump posted he was banned.

What consequences should there be for writing untrue things in Social media ?

• Like 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Whataboutism is not education it is deflection

Just educating you. You are confused on what stats mean.

Do you sit in bkk worrying about such trivia? Ive seen more of Thailand in 3 months then you have in 3 years no doubt. 

Some protests have seen dozens or hundreds killed. Maybe do some googling. Educate yourself on world events.

6 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Here's another view. Surely society should expect that comments posted on any media should be truthful. And if not, especially when it's obvious the comment is not truthful, there should be consequences.

Because of the vast/scope/breadth of lies and misinformation trump posted he was banned.

Now musk has reinstated his posting freedoms. The question seems to be whether musk will now allow any/all comments to be posted and remain or will trumps future posts be monitoed and removed if they are not substantiated, and ultimately will he be banned if he keeps posting false words? 

But, can opinions be regulated? Or should they be? Has free speech been abolished?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

Banning further posts if there's evidence of several or more false/incorrect posts.

At least.

Trump was banned from Twitter for inciting violence 

You falsely  claimed that Trump was banned for

"Because of the vast/scope/breadth of lies and misinformation trump posted he was banned.

Do you think therefore that you yourself should be banned from making further similar posts ?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Just educating you. You are confused on what stats mean.

Do you sit in bkk worrying about such trivia? Ive seen more of Thailand in 3 months then you have in 3 years no doubt. 

Some protests have seen dozens or hundreds killed. Maybe do some googling. Educate yourself on world events.

No you are trying to bring in whataboutism  "50m die each year all cause"

More false assumptions, I don't even live in Bangkok and your claim as to what you've seen of Thailand or not has no bearing on this OP or discussion

Your way off topic now

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

No you are trying to bring in whataboutism  "50m die each year all cause"

More false assumptions, I don't even live in Bangkok and your claim as to what you've seen of Thailand or not has no bearing on this OP or discussion

Your way off topic now

Bkk Brian? So your name is a lie then. I thought you lived there. What else are you lying about?

The topic is Twitter, not protests. Most of your posts are off topic.

Trump says no anyway.

• Thanks 1

Bkk Brian? So your name is a lie then. I thought you lived there. What else are you lying about?

The topic is Twitter, not protests. Most of your posts are off topic.

Trump says no anyway.

Trolling does not make you credible

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/20/2022 at 12:53 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

I don't think that he personally knows millions of people who like Trump, but you can tell how many people by how many followers he has on Twitter or the mere fact that millions of people voted for him in numerous elections 

Two is numerous? Figures, Trump speak? Or just getting good laughs?

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

A closet Trumper. The definition of patriot is who support one's country and not praise the enemy. Going to war for the country is patriotic. Fixed that for you. 

Pathetic to the nth degree.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

"...I would assert (just an opinion) that about 98% of what passes for news and comment is just BS..."

If that is the case, I would assert (just an opinion) that you need to find better sources for news.

Pray do inform me and all the listening masses on AN where I should turn to obtain these "better sources".  I  tremble in anticipation.

Where will he send me?  CNN?  BBC? Guardian (god forbid?); NYT? (again, god forbid) and so on and on...nowhere to turn?

More to the point: where do I turn to find journalists who ask awkward questions, not powder-puff questions that are easily swatted aside?

11 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Minor deal. Look at Africa, Ww2, Thailand protests, aids, cancer, road deaths, covid, pol pot, myanmar, heart disease etc

The protests 22 mths ago dont rank in the top 100 worst things last 100 years. Very minor.

A violent attack on the Capitol of the most powerful, nuclear armed country on the planet while Congress was in session, an attack with the intent of overturning the result of a legitimate democratic election, is definitely high on the list of the worse things to happen to the United States. 

Any patriotic US citizen will tell you that.  Why is it you deny the obvious?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Just pointing out that a poster posted something that was untrue and also posted that anyone who posts untrue content should be banned (in the same post)

"and also posted that anyone who posts untrue content should be banned (in the same post)"

Now you are the one lying, that poster did not say anyone who posts untrue comments should be banned, he said there should be consequences, very different, consequences can mean a range of sanctions such as a fact check flag or a temp suspension. There are numerous fact check flags on Trumps posts especially from 6th Jan where he was constantly lying

9 minutes ago, blazes said:

Pray do inform me and all the listening masses on AN where I should turn to obtain these "better sources".  I  tremble in anticipation.

Where will he send me?  CNN?  BBC? Guardian (god forbid?); NYT? (again, god forbid) and so on and on...nowhere to turn?

More to the point: where do I turn to find journalists who ask awkward questions, not powder-puff questions that are easily swatted aside?

I read the Economist news magazine every week and work through the top stories on the BBC news app daily.  I also read interesting news stories I find on the internet if they come from a reputable source.  In short, I read a lot.

If you think journalists only ask softball questions you are getting your news from the wrong sources. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

"and also posted that anyone who posts untrue content should be banned (in the same post)"

Now you are the one lying, that poster did not say anyone who posts untrue comments should be banned, he said there should be consequences, very different, consequences can mean a range of sanctions such as a fact check flag or a temp suspension. 

No I am not lying ,that is a lie itself 

You are lying in claiming that I am lying .

The poster said that 

"Banning further posts if there's evidence of several or more false/incorrect posts."

• Love It 1