Intoxicated man attacked after catcalling other man’s girlfriend in Pattaya

webfact

19 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

What’s Buddha got to do with it, Steve? Random dude disrespects your missus, they’ve got to have it, no? Same would happen in NZ. 

but you are correct in that this guy did allegedly disrespect his missus, and he took revenge through a bash, I just thought all his temple visits and the monk stays might have taught him different, seems not.

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

but you are correct in that this guy did allegedly disrespect his missus, and he took revenge through a bash, I just thought all his temple visits and the monk stays might have taught him different, seems not.

I think a lot of praying is to do with the next life?

Personally I try to concentrate on my current life.

If I stuff something up, hopefully I learn from it rather than read a buddha book and then go and do exactly the same thing.

Merit, like sex during a dry period, is terribly over-rated.????????

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, daveAustin said:

What’s Buddha got to do with it, Steve? Random dude disrespects your missus, they’ve got to have it, no? Same would happen in NZ. 

Surely ''cat calling'' is not showing disrespect, its showing the opposite?

Edited by Smokey and the Bandit

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

I think it's got alot to do with it, they are so fake, all their temple visits and tree wraps and worships is suppose to mean being a good person, a person of credibility and honesty... geeze i wouldn't trust one person here,  but that's just me, obviously you believe it and that's fine, each to his own.

Seems you have misunderstood such things as temple visits and have transferred your understanding of what that would mean with Christianity onto Buddhism. More often than not people will visit temples or shrines to ask for something (good luck in exams or finding a boyfriend etc). It rarely has much to do with piety. Hence you never see congregations and people preaching (Buddhist monks don't seek to lecture people)   

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

more thai love for one another ... such a nice place.

Your boy Prayut set the tone.

Why should the people solve problems with peaceful conversation when the likes of P steals the country with tanks and guns? What an example to set. Shameful. As is your support.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

In my home country, USA, we are a deeply, proud Christian country.  Thank God we have no murders or gun violence.  Because Christians are all taught to be "a good person, a person of credibility and honesty"....blah blah blah. 

Just curious....were you born yesterday?

Your sarcasm has failed miserably.   ????

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

I think it's got alot to do with it, they are so fake, all their temple visits and tree wraps and worships is suppose to mean being a good person, a person of credibility and honesty... geeze i wouldn't trust one person here,  but that's just me, obviously you believe it and that's fine, each to his own.

why single out buddhism? with a little perspective, and awareness of the world around you, you would realise many of the worlds problems derive from religious intolerance, despite many religions preaching, er..., tolerance.

• Like 1

Such life changing news.

So many unanswered questions.

So the catcaller went from meow to mai-ow to just 'ow' rather swiftly.

Was the assailant a Tom ?

Will there be Littergation ?

Both a couple of pussies, by the sound of it.

Edited by Pla Simon
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ThaSalaPaul said:

Seems you have misunderstood such things as temple visits and have transferred your understanding of what that would mean with Christianity onto Buddhism. More often than not people will visit temples or shrines to ask for something (good luck in exams or finding a boyfriend etc). It rarely has much to do with piety. Hence you never see congregations and people preaching (Buddhist monks don't seek to lecture people)   

Blessed are the Cheesemakers (again.)????????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

Nothing different than other cultures religion and morality. Same same

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

If I stuff something up, hopefully I learn from it rather than read a buddha book and then go and do exactly the same thing.

Still getting my head round a dry period , sounds disgusting.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

All religions are silly, and how people practice at the retail level has almost no connection to the wholesale teachings, which are there to give false promises of happiness or peace or contentment...all with a silly and usually plagiarized tale of a made-up reality.

People are going to be people...everywhere....no matter the country, no matter the predominant faith. The behavior noted in this thread happens everywhere.

Nobody needed any religion to teach them how to live a decent life. If anyone reached adulthood and did not inherently know certain behaviors (e.g., murder, theft, rape, etc.) are bad and mess up a wannabe civilized society, then that person is wildly flawed, and no amount of preaching or proselytizing is going to straighten him out. Moses did not come down from the mountain after chiseling out his tablets and say, "Sorry guys, got some bad news...murder is a no no".

Most religions are also just a thin coating of some charlatan's or crazy guy's philosophy over more deeply held superstitions. Note how little the teachings of the founder of this country's major faith have to do with how people here actually live. The old myths, rituals, superstitions, etc. are much stronger. Magic amulets, tattoos, making 'merit' by releasing fish somebody else caught, thinking donated money comes back 1000 fold....

Organized religion is just a way for those lacking any useful skill to have a job. Hence preachers, pastors, monks, rabbis, priests, shaman, etc. The scam is taken to its zenith by the "Prosperity Gospel" preachers in the US, or guys who 'need a Gulfstream so I can spread the lord's word faster'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1