Indian tourist’s reportedly stolen gold necklace returned by Pattaya Good Samaritan

webfact

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

Why do people go there? 

well the cops are raiding everywhere else - seems like a place to have a harassment free night out in this so called tourist town where you run the risk of arrest for just enjoying a night out

The cops here need to wind it back

How do you get to the clasp, remove the necklace from the wearer's neck, and make off with it without these dumb axcxc noticing? The owner's probably cursing the guy who returned it. Scam foiled. It was gold painted lead. And the picture! Could have been downloaded. These guys are giving ladyboys a bad name.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Onerak said:

I was reading a report and all Indian insurance companies denied any insurance claim on stolen gold necklace. Lo go figure. 

Correct.

jewelry & cash would not covered unless declared at the time buying insurance and such is endorsed on the policy

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Onerak said:

I was reading a report and all Indian insurance companies denied any insurance claim on stolen gold necklace. Lo go figure. 

I had an insurance agency 30+ years ago. A (not English) guy approached me (rare occasion when you sell insurance) and subsequently took out a policy for £24,000 of jewellery on an all risks basis. The premium was mouth watering but my commission was most refreshing.

2 months later he travelled and ‘left it on his seat in the departure lounge’ of an airport whereupon it disappeared and that is most of the information we received on the claim form.

8 hours ago, smedly said:

well the cops are raiding everywhere else - seems like a place to have a harassment free night out in this so called tourist town where you run the risk of arrest for just enjoying a night out

The cops here need to wind it back

No cops in Ban Krut to be seen.

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

18 carat is not solid gold. It is 18/24ths of gold and 6/24ths of base metal. I would call 24/24ths 'solid gold'.

Jewelry in the west varies from 9-18/24

Jewelry available in Persian gulf & indian subcontinent are 21-22/24.

In Thailand its 23/24

when buying bullion, we get 24. This not used for jewelry as its brittle.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mjakob007 said:

In Thailand its 23/24

Good grief I didn't know that.

PS. It's not too brittle, it's too soft and wears quickly.

• Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, mjakob007 said:

In Thailand its 23/24

I’m not familiar with jewellery gold, so thank you for the detailed information on that subject. The reason they don’t use ‘pure’ (99.99%) gold as jewellery is that it is too malleable, which metallurgically is the opposite to brittle. Gold is actually the most malleable of all metals.

1 gram of pure gold can be rolled into a 1 square metre sheet, that sheet becoming semi-translucent.

Reflecting on that outstanding information made me realise why I took redundancy after 15 years in the steel industry to move onto more exciting employment.

• Like 1