Yingluck wanted by the Thai courts - fugitive former PM named in warrant over "Thawin" transfer

webfact

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Go ahead with your medicine.

Do you have any other criminal heroes you want to tell us about?

Possibly Spiderman. He always seems to be climbing on other peoples roofs when the husbands are at work (or hiding on overstay.)????????

5 hours ago, Snig27 said:

A fairly strong pointer to the reality that the so-called Supreme Court is a cabal of bought and paid for lackeys of the salim elite. In most countries they wouldn't get through the door of a court even as janitors. But, I think most Thais know that.

How's the Toyota case coming along? 

It is not the Supreme Court.  It is the Supreme Court for Political Office Holders.

34 minutes ago, huangnon said:

He was the first democratically elected prime minister of Thailand to serve a full term and was re-elected in 2005 by an overwhelming majority..

Since replaced by the barrel of a gun.

Trump was also elected.

At least over there some people understand that doesn't allow him to be above the law.

But then, many voters over there are just as ignorant as many Thais.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, BritScot said:

Wow! Everyone with half a brain can see this for what it is. Please pray tell about the poor nurse and the man in charge of the murder shootings of innocents at the temple, explain the extortionate money paid for a plot of land prior to the tanks rolling in, but don't talk about watches, don't talk about generals on quite low pay become billionaires and a lowley police officer can have dozens of top end cars, then the students arrested on a train because they dared to protest about The park!!! Oh and the jump in percentage of brown envelope rise??? The biggest crime military overthrowing an elected government. It would take a thousand page novel to list this government's crimes.

Maybe you should engage also the 2nd half of your brain.

Yingluck and Thaksin being criminals doesn't mean Prayut and everybody else is clean.

One main difference is that Thaksin and his little sister are convicted criminals. With other people you have to find evidence, prosecute them and then convict them first. You know, these little things which happen before people are declared guilty.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BritScot said:

Lol! The ones with guns who run the courts really. Having been living in Thailand for the military takeover of an elected government and witnessing first hand the changes in attitude then again living in Thailand for the military takeovers of another rightfully erected government who actually did the right thing by calling an election. Yes the proof of all the current criminal corruption screams for attention but the deaf ears of Thai justice ignore. A court that can't count to 8 and throw out the general for overstay (his rules). I am an ex soldier and I am sickened by the military of Thailand because any true soldier would never lift his weapon on his own people to over throw an elected government. A now rigged system there is no hope for Thailand.  Oh I just remembered the attempted gold mine heist and an international court outside Thailand has found generals guilty! Call a free election monitored and put the lady or her brother on the ballot paper and see what happens. No matter what you say the biggest crime is a military theft of a country. 

You member status reflects your experience in Thailand.

Probably you don't know it, but you could look it up: There was a time when Thaksin or one of his minions was in charge and at that time he owned the courts. Nobody dared to convict him.

You could look up his "honest mistake" when he became PM - just for a start.

Prayut removed a criminal corrupt government because the police didn't do their job and the courts didn't do anything. So much about military control of the Thai justice system...

And again, just for the record. Only because A is bad doesn't mean B is good. A and B can be bad or A and B can be good, or anything in between. We shouldn't try to put everything in black and white boxes.

6 hours ago, BostonRob2 said:

There once was a man called stoner,

Who seemingly had a boner,

But she took one look

'n said sling yer hook,

So sadly he stays a loner.

Rooster

You're a poet and don't know it

Turn your <deleted> and I'll toe it.????

I've been living in Thailand for the past 22 years and I learned early not to give a rats a**e about Thai politics. There's one thing thou that gets me is how can the Thaksin family be convicted when they both done a runner. If they were convicted the Thai way of democracy, what were their sentences.

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do you think Yingluck is innocent?

Do you think people should be allowed to flee the country because otherwise they might get arrested?

Do you think Thaksin and his family should be above the law?

There is little doubt that the Shinawatra family is guilty as charged for many crimes.

If they think they are innocent, then why don't they fight in the Thai courts?

Let's not forget why Yingluck's government was removed: They tried to whitewash her brother, together with many other criminals, somewhere in the middle of the night.

If Yingluck would have worked for Thailand and not her brother, then she wouldn't face any charges.

6 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

You really don't like them do you ?

It is a sort of 21 Century version of "the white man's burden"!

But then everyone should have a hobby. I build model trains, he froths at the mouth about the Shinewatras!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Thumbs Up 1