Supreme Court clears way for House to get Trump’s taxes

Scott

6 minutes ago, candide said:

about the different ways he valued the same assets, it may well be that it has at least partly been the result of tax fraud.

Then the IRS would already know about it.  You don't think that the IRS hasn't already been auditing his and every other super wealthy taxpayers returns?

Releasing his returns is not going to expose any form of tax fraud.  He doesn't file his taxes using Turbo Tax Lite, the rich (both parties) use tax attorneys and wealth management attorneys who know every single little nuance and loophole in the tax code to pay as less tax as possible.  

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Right, next time I renew my DL and I have to pony up with birth cert I'll start yelling "you birther" ahaha

And if you were born in Hawaii and your "Certification of Live Birth" gets rejected by them, you would have every reason to tell "you birther" at them.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, In Full Agreement said:

Donald Dump has enough cash that he can probably manage to drag this legal matter on for the remainder of his  life.

He may even enjoy it as it keeps him at the center of attention which is what he needs for survival.

This link provides a good explanation of the Fifth Amendment and its use in both criminal and  civil cases.

https://www.burnhamgorokhov.com/criminal-defense-resources/fifth-amendment/

Yet taking the 5th doesn't protect his taxes speaking volumes by themselves.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

And if you were born in Hawaii and your "Certification of Live Birth" gets rejected by them, you would have every reason to tell "you birther" at them.

This is as far down the rabbit hole I'm going.

Just now, EVENKEEL said:

This is as far down the rabbit hole I'm going.

Don't take the pill on the table, you'll shrink like the taxes filed did showing millions in losses according to the accounting firm that did them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fortune.com/2022/11/23/trump-accountant-testifies-that-ex-president-reported-losses-on-his-tax-returns-every-year-for-a-decade-once-almost-700-million/amp/

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Don't take the pill on the table, you'll shrink like the taxes filed did showing millions in losses according to the accounting firm that did them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fortune.com/2022/11/23/trump-accountant-testifies-that-ex-president-reported-losses-on-his-tax-returns-every-year-for-a-decade-once-almost-700-million/amp/

I'd like to know how an accounting company can sign off on 10 years of losses with a straight face. Any other company would have filed for bankruptcy.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, Jaybott said:

Then the IRS would already know about it.  You don't think that the IRS hasn't already been auditing his and every other super wealthy taxpayers returns?

Releasing his returns is not going to expose any form of tax fraud.  He doesn't file his taxes using Turbo Tax Lite, the rich (both parties) use tax attorneys and wealth management attorneys who know every single little nuance and loophole in the tax code to pay as less tax as possible.  

Richest Americans fail to pay $163 billion in taxes, Treasury estimates

The top 1% of Americans are avoiding paying an estimated $163 billion in taxes a year, according to the Treasury Department. That is pushing the estimated tax gap, the amount of money owed by taxpayers that isn't collected, to nearly around $600 billion annually, and to approximately $7 trillion in lost revenue over the next decade, the Treasury Department finds.

Tax evasion is concentrated among the wealthy in part because high-income taxpayers are able to employ experts who can better shield them from reporting their true incomes, the Treasury Department argued in a blog post.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tax-avoidance-richest-americans-163-billion/

image.png.e89a36c05abb600d0e66ebe9c51ccc5a.png

https://home.treasury.gov/news/featured-stories/the-case-for-a-robust-attack-on-the-tax-gap

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

I'd like to know how an accounting company can sign off on 10 years of losses with a straight face. Any other company would have filed for bankruptcy.

It's easy to keep a straight face when one is paid handsomely to fudge, they just laugh all the way to the bank instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Probably because this type of companies owns assets.

Edited by candide

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Google: Equal Rights Amendment.

You sound uninformed about basic political realities in modern times.

Cheers.

Equal Rights Amendment - Wikipedia

Not really. I am a a Brit with a curiosity about amendments to the US Constitution.

Until I did a Google search I had no idea that there were already 27 amendments. That is why I wondered how difficult it would be to create a new amendment.

Edited by billd766
added extra text

8 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Not really. I am a a Brit with a curiosity about amendments to the US Constitution.

Until I did a Google search I had no idea that there were already 27 amendments. That is why I wondered how difficult it would be to create a new amendment.

I already told you. It's incredibly difficult. There is zero chance it would even be tried on a matter like presidential background checks. 

Presidential backgrounds are checked by the press and when a candidate such as grifter Trump refuses to follow norms such as releasing his tax forms, it is judged by the voters as relevant or not. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

Just now, FarAngMoh said:

Trump should just make it public on his own. As Trump once said, he could take a gun out and shoot someone in broad daylight in Manhattan and still get elected. He should have nothing to worry about.

That's a very silly comment because he's been fighting so hard to resist releasing them for so many years. 

At this point, things have changed.

Trump has a lot to worry about.

Way beyond losing another election. He's justifiably worried about losing his wealth, his family name brand, his freedom, and as I don't see him doing well if he loses everything, his life.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That's a very silly comment because he's been fighting so hard to resist releasing them for so many years. 

At this point, things have changed.

Trump has a lot to worry about.

Way beyond losing another election. He's justifiably worried about losing his wealth, his family name brand, his freedom, and as I don't see him doing well if he loses everything, his life.

That’s just it - nobody fights so hard unless there is something really incriminating. I have to believe most voters already know that and have factored it in. Some might even idolize him for it. 

6 hours ago, dotcalm said:

Maybe if you are nosey and have nothing better to do with your life.

Most people probably couldn't care less.

Maybe.... Most.... probably.... couldn't

This sounds like a very wobbly opinion based on hearsay.

Maybe you're right but probably not.

• Like 1

Finally. My guess is that there is massive tax and bank fraud here, and it may be uncovered. Why else such desperation to keep it covered up for so long. Trump has alot to hide, and alot to be afraid of. His crime spree has gone on for decades. 

When his value declarations are taken into account for purposes of bank loans, compared to asset value declared to the IRS, it is likely to be a Gulf far wider than the Gulf of Mexico!

A bank and tax fraudster, most likely. 

3 hours ago, dotcalm said:

Your colorful diatribe is wishful thinking perhaps, so typical of Americana, people who hate all things good in Trump and MAGA. The smoking Trump tax gun would have been leaked ions ago. You got nothing to look forward to now, except for maybe a Biden beat down in the coming congressional investigations into the Biden crime family for which the smoking gun(s) evidence will show how corrupt Biden is.

What will actually happen is that the GOP team normal will rein in the crazies or risk another trashing at the next and every election until they do.

21 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I don't understand how not providing tax returns prior to being considered to run for POTUS is even possible. Aren't finances part of a background check?

They were checked, by the Inland Revenue. Had anything untoward been revealed I'm pretty sure we'd have heard by now.

PS. it's not the law to make them public, though previous candidates have chosen to do so.

Isn't this all rather too late given the GOP control the committees now?

Edited by thaibeachlovers