Fifa Threatens To Cut Off Live World Cup Broadcast Over Infringement

webfact

After Years of experience, I'm sure that the internet savvy Fifa heads, Thailand and especially the host nation know all to well that, threatening to cut things off and imposing strict laws on a little ball competition, isn't going to stop people gaining access / using cracks and backdoors.

Edited by Pla Simon

FIFA just spoilt brats. Over the years, I've watched Singapore TV in Jahor and vice-versa, English TV in Holland, Spanish TV in Gibralta, and recently with a high pressure in the English Channel; German and French TV in Southwest England (Watched an amusing episode of .'Allo 'Allo! a couple of years ago from France). Cross Country propergation of TV signals has been happening since the 1950's.

Similarly with Ham Radio frequencies, have spoken to Aussies, Americans (North & South) from London regularly. 

As many have said, it's all about the money.

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

kinda funny really when you think most people with a bit of anything between their ears can watch it free and live on any  pirate sport site on. the net

Most villagers don't have access to the 'net so they need the football to be on TV but then I think most villagers would prefer to watch buffalo racing.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

FIFA cannot lecture anyone over anything. They are corrupt beyond the boundaries of the imagination. Go Thailand. 

Yes it's rather like the kettle calling the pot...

FIFA and the IOC the 2 most corrupt organisations in the world should be disbanded.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Time for a mass resignation at FIFA. First, corruptly selecting Qatar, then the human rights issues and now this. Intolerable.

And no beer to boot

8 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Time for a mass resignation at FIFA. First, corruptly selecting Qatar, then the human rights issues and now this. Intolerable.

, sack them all. 

8 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Disagree. It is my understanding that the Scots devised a game calle fitba........

We invented all the good things in life -  whisky, phones, TV, golf, pneumatic tyres, penicillin and most other medical inventions, etc etc. Much more than our thieving neighbours. 

9 hours ago, tonypattaya said:

It is time for various football associations to leave FIFA and form a new world body.
How can it be fair, one country one vote, which means a banana republic in Africa of, say, 2 million people, having the same say as England, France, US, etc. There has to be a different system.
SACK FIFA!

Be careful what you wish for!

If UK with 65 million gets one vote, then China with 1455 million,........????

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Eleftheros said:
12 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Actually Scotland invented football. 

Stuck yer 3 lions where the sun don't shine. 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/football/48831909

England invented football.

If we accept the Scottish origin, we would have to rename it footsheepsstomach.

Kids have probably been kicking something about for millennia....   

I’m not sure football was actually ‘invented’ rather it was an evolution... 

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

We invented all the good things in life -  whisky, phones, TV, golf, pneumatic tyres, penicillin and most other medical inventions, etc etc. Much more than our thieving neighbours. 

Deep fried Mars Bars.... a culinary delight invented by our Jacobite neighbours north of the antonine wall !!!  :hit-the-fan:

• Like 1

My wife and I have been watching the World Cup using Thai language audio.  I am now watching the South Korea and Uruguay game.  Which version of English am I listening to; British, Irish, Welsh?  My hearing is bad and only a few words are recognizable to my American English brain.

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I live in Thailand so it doesn't seem all that bad.

Yes, I live here too, and so I can see your point. However, all the rubbish spouted about the noble ethos of pure sporting competition, when it is really all about money, status and power...

Hmm, I definitely see your point!

Still, FIFA is obviously corrupt, and the "hosts" seem to have reverted to type as a medieval theocratic absolute monarchy; presenting itself as the world's premier sporting tournament it really should be better...

• Thumbs Up 1

PSI cheap-oh sattelite dish service which gives you your supposedly freely available Bangkok regular TV where reception is not good did not carry the South Korea Uruguay match today. I saw two matches from a few days ago no problem, Denmark-Tunisia and Poland-Mexico no problem.  I could not tune in any of the major regular free non-cable Thailand television stations today and there were a number of sports stations with just a black screen. I'm not really a telvision whizz, never watch it, but if the world cup games were on today they were difficult to find if there at all.

Update: Channel 7 or PSI must have let something run at least 20 minutes past kickoff time. Thats when I gave up after clicking through probably 30 home shopping stations. I saw online people were able to get the game, so I decided to check no FIFA cancellation yet. Korea-Uruguay now in extra time so  they are letting that part through. Channel 7 is the third channel on the weird rando stations clicker we have, if you hit the + button to go to the next it takes you to 56 then back to 4 then 17, etc. I passed the third spot in the channel clicker order 4-5 times so through our set up perhaps there are people who are confused at PSI or Channel 7 thinking they better be on the safe side and start blockng the games or large portions of the games now or just the usual don't know don't care whatever whenever.

Edited by Gilligan In Drag

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

They are truly a blight on the face of the sporting world. Something should be done to stop their continued nonsense. Awarding Qatar was stepping so far over the corruption line. Has a nation ever been so undeserving of the honor? 

FIFA was stinking in corruption and that despicable Sepp Blatter man had lost touch with any form of integrity and honesty. I am not a fan of bringing politics and such matters into sports but Qatar was not qualified on a mass of fronts.... I would rather it went to Saudi Arabia.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Fortean1 said:

My wife and I have been watching the World Cup using Thai language audio.  I am now watching the South Korea and Uruguay game.  Which version of English am I listening to; British, Irish, Welsh?  My hearing is bad and only a few words are recognizable to my American English brain.

How should we know which service you are using?