Stranded World Cup fans offered full refunds after housing didn't have toilets or wash basins

Scott

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

That entire region is a farce. A bad joke. Brutes and barbarians with money. Without the extremely good fortune of sitting on all that oil (and western countries schooling them on extraction)...would be nothing more than a sandbox with sand farmers. 

Bit harsh ?

I was led to believe that Equality, Human rights and inclusivity were the buzzwords celebrated at the behest of the most "generous" host nation, this time around. 

Why, I even heard that even the most lowly, common thieves were informed that if they had any qualms pertaining to the World Cup, they would be allowed to have a show of hands before, and were encouraged to vote with their feet after sentencing, if their convictions were justified.

• Haha 2

On 11/25/2022 at 8:33 AM, Scott said:

Those fans were left without acceptable accommodations after "fan village" sites were left without basic amenities, like toilets and wash basins. The "fan villages" were constructed to allow World Cup fans to attend the event cheaply.

Not even a long drop for the fans.. disgusting.

On 11/25/2022 at 8:46 AM, Dmaxdan said:

What do you expect for £200 (8500 baht) a night!

Apparently there are some toilets but they could be anything up to one kilometer away from your  accommodation. Which admittedly would be a bit of a pain if you need a pee in the middle of the night!

Or had a bad case for the screamers...

7 hours ago, Pla Simon said:

I very much doubt it - owing to the strict Laws there, they would probably be charged within tent, to defame the host nation...

Personally, I would urinate in the World Cup and give it a sheik afterwards.

Sheiken? Not stirred?

• Haha 1