Elon Musk says Twitter will offer 'amnesty' to suspended accounts

Scott

22 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Musk claimed that the info on the account could endanger him. But to his way of thinking, it's perfectly OK to endanger Yoel Roth by spreading falsehoods about him and inciting anti-gay bigots.

Pointing out someones own words is not "spreading falsehoods", whether the words come from Roth or Caraballo, or anyone. Of course, it can be hugely embarrasing being caught in undeniable hypocrisy like they both were.

26 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Musk claimed that the info on the account could endanger him. But to his way of thinking, it's perfectly OK to endanger Yoel Roth by spreading falsehoods about him and inciting anti-gay bigots.

Having seen the hivemind focusing all its hatred on Musk - and after Kavanaughs attempted murder - hardly surprising he wants the tracker account taken down. Basic safety and common sense. Any leftists still not unable to understand this, try to imagine the plane tracker was of an elderly Hungarian chap with prominent eye bags, and it ought to clear up the confusion.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Pointing out someones own words is not "spreading falsehoods", whether the words come from Roth or Caraballo, or anyone. Of course, it can be hugely embarrasing being caught in undeniable hypocrisy like they both were.

Selectively quoting someone's words to misrepresent their stance on an issue is definitely "spreading hoods." And that's exactly what Musk did. Karma of course, you completely ignore the evidence that I offered to establish that.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Having seen the hivemind focusing all its hatred on Musk - and after Kavanaughs attempted murder - hardly surprising he wants the tracker account taken down. Basic safety and common sense. Any leftists still not unable to understand this, try to imagine the plane tracker was of an elderly Hungarian chap with prominent eye bags, and it ought to clear up the confusion.

I'm not criticising his move to taking down of that account. What I am criticising it is double standard. His post has clearly endangered someone's life. If Musk was consistent in his standards, he would ban himself from Twitter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Roth stood up for Musk when he took over and was rewarded with an out of context snippet from a 500 page thesis that earned him his phd. That snippet missed entirely the context of the paragraph from which it was taken, the link to that has already been shared. Stop trying to defend the indefensible. Roth is now suffering extreme hate speech on Musk's own twitter and other platforms for baseless accusations. Hate speech can lead to real world actions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Who said leftists don't understand this? By the way, the new policy has stated tracking in real time is now banned but its ok if its delayed. So how much of a delay is that and who gets to decide? I wonder how this will be policed when there are live events with public figures.

12 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

The answer, of course, is "never".  Espezioncially high school age, and especially when the student and teacher are in the same school.  

That may well be the awnser. However the debate in the article was whether it was illegal for an 18 yr old student when the legal age of sex id 16. 

Hence the discussion they had in court. Rolp providing a link to the article does not label him a pedo as has been thrown at him by twitter users.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

He's not the Messiah, he's just a naughty boy.

He's achieved amazing things but he's a bum cavity of epic proportions, totally infatuated with his own image. Must have been a severe kick in the proverbial gonads to get booed off stage for the first time in his life.

Edited by Phoenix Rising
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

The answer, of course, is "never".  Especially high school age, and especially when the student and teacher are in the same school.  

"high school age"? What is high school age? 18 years old is at least the age of consent virtually everywhere. So should a teach have sex with someone who is 18 years old? Is that immoral? The ethical problem in this case has nothing to do with age but the fact that a teacher is having sex with a student. That is unethical regardless of the ages of the teacher and the student even if the teacher is the younger party.

• Like 1

Now in media

NYT statement on Twitter suspending the accounts of prominent journalists, including NYT's Ryan Mac, calls the move "questionable and unfortunate."

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/15/technology/twitter-suspends-journalist-accounts-elon-musk.html

Twitter suspends journalists who have been covering Elon Musk and the company

Thursday's suspensions come as Musk has backtracked on his promise that he would run Twitter as a free speech absolutist.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-media/twitter-suspends-journalists-covering-elon-musk-company-rcna62032

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Twitter Suspends Accounts of Keith Olbermann, Aaron Rupar and More Journalists Who Cover Elon Musk

"Twitter appeared to suspend the accounts of several high-profile journalists who cover Elon Musk on Thursday night, including Keith Olbermann and Aaron Rupar.

The New York Times’ Ryan Mac, The Washington Post’s Drew Harwell, CNN’s Donie O’Sullivan, Mashable’s Matt Binder, The Intercept’s Micah Lee and Tony Webster have also been suspended, according to NBC News."

Of course the MAGA crowd on AN are slobbering all over Musk. One even wrote something like "Thank you Elon for making Twitter all about free speech again". ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Elon's version of free speech on display yet again:

image.png.f2e8076eb7df9bf1247c2de14fbe58c1.png

image.png.728eef5584e157c4e5dfb95318398aa6.png

https://twitter.com/Dexerto/status/1603563911889952768

If I posted your private address on here (a public forum) would you like it to:

a) be deleted 

or 

b) be kept online as its free speech  

If I kept doing it even though it's against the rules do you think my account should be suspended or should I continue to be able to do it because of free speech?   

1 hour ago, James105 said:

If I posted your private address on here (a public forum) would you like it to:

a) be deleted 

or 

b) be kept online as its free speech  

If I kept doing it even though it's against the rules do you think my account should be suspended or should I continue to be able to do it because of free speech?   

Well, for one thing, there is this:

For another, not all the suspensions were about the location of his jet:

'Binder, a tech reporter at Mashable, said he was suspended after tweeting a screenshot from another suspended reporter, CNN’s O’Sullivan, of an LAPD statement.

"I’ve been on it since 2008. I never got so much as a slap on the wrist because I always follow the rules," Binder said.

https://finance.yahoo.com/twitter-suspends-journalists-covering-elon-010856604.html

Here's what happened after Musk posted a poll offering Twitter members options about what action to take against these journalists:

"When a plurality of respondents voted to restore the accounts immediately, he deleted the poll and started a new one with fewer options."

https://finance.yahoo.com/twitter-suspends-journalists-covering-elon-010856604.html

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Well, for one thing, there is this:

For another, not all the suspensions were about the location of his jet:

'Binder, a tech reporter at Mashable, said he was suspended after tweeting a screenshot from another suspended reporter, CNN’s O’Sullivan, of an LAPD statement.

"I’ve been on it since 2008. I never got so much as a slap on the wrist because I always follow the rules," Binder said.

Here's what happened after Musk posted a poll offering Twitter members options about what action to take against these journalists:

"When a plurality of respondents voted to restore the accounts immediately, he deleted the poll and started a new one with fewer options."

Is he not allowed to change his mind once he realised just how unhinged the "be kind" brigade are?  If these "journalists" do not like the rules that a private platform sets they can always go and start their own platform, can they not?  

Just now, James105 said:

Is he not allowed to change his mind once he realised just how unhinged the "be kind" brigade are?  If these "journalists" do not like the rules that a private platform sets they can always go and start their own platform, can they not?  

Change his mind about what? He said he wouldn't ban the account posting his jet's location. How does a reportedly allegedly being unhinged affect the simple factual content of that account?

Funny. So, you were okay with Twitter suspending and banning accounts it deemed dangerous. I don't recall you ever writing liks this in defense of twitter: " If these "journalists" do not like the rules that a private platform sets they can always go and start their own platform, can they not?"

Hypocritical much?  

• Like 1