Lady Susan Hussey quits over remarks to charity boss Ngozi Fulani

Scott

1 hour ago, johnnybangkok said:

I really want to know what kind of closeted existance you live in London,. You haven't heard any other regional accents? I lived in London for 25 years and I can tell you I heard plenty of Scousers, Geordies, Londoners, West Country, East England, Northern Ireland, Black Country, Yorkies, different types of Scottish brogue and Mancs and many more.

All of them were distinctive and all of them immediately told me what country/region of the UK they were from (or gave me a very good idea). 

I am talking about these days though , things were different 25 years ago and these days people don't have strong regional accents 

• Thumbs Up 1

Born in the UK with parents from the Caribbean, Ngozi Fulani (real name Marlene Headley) is a confrontational black activist with severe identity crisis. One can only assume the African name has been adopted for added effect.

This woman chose to confuse everyone by wearing fancy dress to a formal event at Buckingham Palace. When someone chose to clear up any confusion around her identity, she played the racist card knowing full well no one would dare call her out.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

Lady Hussey is elderly, and her discussion perhaps revealed notions of " identity" which are, maybe, misconceived.

But perhaps one should consider:

the complainant was wearing African traditional clothing, had elaborately braided hair in the African style, a Nigerian name, and was representing an organisation - "Sistah Space" - which takes it's name from a Carribbean patois.

Interestingly, the complainant has publicly (Twitter is public, yes?) accused both King Charles and Queen Camilla of perpetrating racially inspired domestic violence on the Duchess of Sussex.

Finally, and I mention this because it has previously been raised in the public domain, the financial accounts of her charity ,"Sistah Space", apparently make "interesting reading".

I suspect that she is a fraud. I rather suspect that Lady Hussey thought so to. Does having such a suspicion make me a racist?

Yes, Ngozi has previously made allegations that the Royal Family are racist , she claimed that the reason why Harry and Megan were not invited to stand with the Queen at her Jubilee celebrations was because Megan is Black and the Royal Family are racist

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

Born in the UK with parents from the Caribbean, Ngozi Fulani (real name Marlene Headley) is a confrontational black activist with severe identity crisis. One can only assume the African name has been adopted for added effect.

This woman chose to confuse everyone by wearing fancy dress to a formal event at Buckingham Palace. When someone chose to clear up any confusion around her identity, she played the racist card knowing full well no one would dare call her out.

This woman knew that the palace could be easily trolled. Fancy dress? Played the racist card? Hussey was a victim of her own ignorance, that's the full story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnnybangkok said:

Where to start.

Firstly the conversation was witnessed by several people who all back up Ngozi Fulani version of events. The context or the inflexions of speech actually backed her up.

Secondly, who cares what she was wearing. She has African heritage and works for Sistah Space, a charity supporting African & Caribbean Heritage women affected by domestic & sexual abuse. If she choses to reflect her charity in what she wears then that's no ones elses business other than hers. It's also irrelevant as if there was any doubt about her nationality, it should have been cleared up when she told Lady SH TWICE that she was British. Lady Bull in a China Shop didn't care about this though, pressing on with her inate prejudice and clumsy questioning to the point where it bacame offensive. THAT'S the important part of all of this. 

IMO there is nothing important in any of this much ado about nothing, except for those that seek to attack the Royals by any means possible.

Important is the NHS in strife; an old woman saying something someone didn't like is not important.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO there is nothing important in any of this much ado about nothing, except for those that seek to attack the Royals by any means possible.

Important is the NHS in strife; an old woman saying something someone didn't like is not important.

After decades of protected racism, the public are no linger willing to put up with it. Part of the inevitable fall out following the Queen's death. Charles will never be a popular monarch.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Ah, I was waiting for this line of argument.

Whataboutary …The last refuge of the desperate

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RayC said:

Her 'job' appeared to be that of unpaid advisor/ confidente to the Queen and Camilla. Part of that job also seemed to involve accompanying them to diplomatic functions. 

Given that, I'd expect her to act diplomatically.

And she would regularly meet people from all over the World and it wouldn't be odd for her to ask where people came from

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, RayC said:

Her 'job' appeared to be that of unpaid advisor/ confidente to the Queen and Camilla. Part of that job also seemed to involve accompanying them to diplomatic functions. 

Given that, I'd expect her to act diplomatically.

She's old and old people make mistakes.

I'm old but nowhere near her age and I say things that may not be appropriate, so I'm not going to condemn her for saying something that isn't really a big deal.

IMO this is someone with an agenda seeking to cause problems for the Royals, and the woke jumping on a bandwagon.

As I've said before, if she were actually racist it would have been picked up long ago.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

She would be a minority then. I've spent a lot of time in Southern Ireland and can't recall seeing any black person working there. I don't even recall any as tourists.

I'm beginning to think that we exist in physically parallel universes!

Firstly, you haven't heard any regional British accents in London, now there are no black people in RoI. I was there in July and saw numerous black people in both Dublin and Co. Kerry (Admittedly proportionally fewer than in London, but I don't find that surprising).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

And she would regularly meet people from all over the World and it wouldn't be odd for her to ask where people came from

I live in an area where many foreigners come to work., and I've asked some where they come from. I didn't get accused of racism for doing so.

In Thailand when on a baht bus I've asked tourists where they were from and non gave me evasive replies, and none took offense.

Certainly, I don't take offense when asked where I'm from, but I don't have an agenda, and nor have I accused Charles of being mean to Harry's wife.

Bottom line, it's all great publicity for a certain charity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

She pursued the matter like a rapid palace corgi. Her actual malice was obvious.

Well , it fits in with your opinion that she's a racist , but from my opinion , she just wanted to know where Ngozi came from and Ngozi was deliberately  tying to be difficult because of her dislike of the U.K RF

• Thanks 2

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

I live in an area where many foreigners come to work., and I've asked some where they come from. I didn't get accused of racism for doing so.

In Thailand when on a baht bus I've asked tourists where they were from and non gave me evasive replies, and none took offense.

Certainly, I don't take offense when asked where I'm from, but I don't have an agenda, and nor have I accused Charles of being mean to Harry's wife.

You didn't get asked a million times for a single reason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It could also be that she chose to resign to avoid further embarrassment to the palace, and also that she is old and might like to have a cuppa and a  long lie down instead of going to affairs where she meets a lot of people she has nothing in common with.

Hopefully, you are correct. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

She's old and old people make mistakes.

I'm old but nowhere near her age and I say things that may not be appropriate, so I'm not going to condemn her for saying something that isn't really a big deal.

IMO this is someone with an agenda seeking to cause problems for the Royals, and the woke jumping on a bandwagon.

As I've said before, if she were actually racist it would have been picked up long ago.

Totally agree. Now Fulani is milking this so called incident for all she can. On the BBC website she is calling it 'abuse' You cant make this up?????

"Although it's not physical violence - it is an abuse."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-63819482

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

She may even become Spokeswoman for a generation or leader of something or maybe a slot on "I'm a celebrity get me out of here "

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mikeymike100 said:

Totally agree. Now Fulani is milking this so called incident for all she can. On the BBC website she is calling it 'abuse' You cant make this up?????

"Although it's not physical violence - it is an abuse."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-63819482

It was unquestionably abusive behaviour, characterised by actual malice.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RayC said:

Firstly, you haven't heard any regional British accents in London, now there are no black people in RoI. I was there in July and saw numerous black people in both Dublin and Co. Kerry (Admittedly proportionally fewer than in London, but I don't find that surprising).

If you are going to attack me best get your facts correct. I didn't say anything about "regional accents"-that was a different poster.

So, you saw black people in Dublin- so what? It doesn't mean I'm lying. I didn't, and I traveled around all of Ireland, not just Dublin and Co Kerry.

27 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No it wouldn't. But it would be odd to be interrogated about it 

21 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Just because someone takes offense, doesn't mean it was offensive.

Being offended is like an addicition for some people. They live for it. Fulani hit the jackpot. Orpah's probably called her already.

Methinks he doth protest too much.

A defender of 83 year old ladies?

Or...

29 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Also notice its the ones who seem to attack the U.K at every available opportunity and seem to despise the UK , are the ones siding with Ngozi 

Oh, here we go.

Anyone who doesn't agree with my vision of the UK can't really be British.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, RayC said:

Just as well I'm not holding my breath waiting for a correction on the falsehood in that post.