Pattaya hit-and-run suspect meets British victim to apologize, claims he did not run away

webfact

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

What nonsense, trying to justify the unjustifiable with theses blatant lies. I would have more respect if he simply admitted to a panic attack and a feeling of having to run! 

And what is his response for failing to stop in the first place? 

Living here it really gets tiresome being told dim lies and it is an insult to be expected to  believe such stuff. 

I hope he pays compensation, covers treatment costs and gets some of these new points on his driving licence for failing to stop. 

He could have put the guy in a wheelchair for the rest of his life, or ended it there and then.

Once again impossible for the driver to admit " I was wrong not to stop and then to run away, I'm sorry" 

• Like 1

So many things wrong here. 

The foreigner should know to look right, the left then right again, thanks to Tufty road safety in the 60s. He's obviously been here long enough to know cars don't stop at crossings. 

Why did he allow the guy to sit on his bed? 

Unbelievable. 

2 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Mr Leliang ? sounds like Chinese not Thai , just saying 'coz that's where the name originates from. Was he wearing those Coke bottle glasses while driving ? ????

Can't be Thai, or they would not use Mr. 

Then again, how trustworthy is the Pattaya News????

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

.  After he hit the pedestrian he didn’t run away . He actually drove away.  Maybe the driver wants to be specific.  I’m sure the driver will come up with a bogus explanation of what happened 

Hit and run also means drive. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

Maybe he will be charged who,s know.he said sorry will make a cash gift of some sorts to him.Case pretty much over now.Happened to a friend of mine in cnx thai driver paid out to him and hospital cost then pretty much a non event

I wonder how many points he will loose off his licence under the new system come January. Reckless driving causing injury and leaving the scene under stress would be called hit and run elsewhere and be an instant ban. TIT, say sorry and cough up a two wads that would choke a donkey.  One for the victim and a donation for a law enforcement fine (wink wink) and it's all ok. 

8 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The issue is that in Thailand's effort to help people to avoid responsibility for their actions, they did not seem to create a hit and run law. So, it is the same if you stop, or if you run.

There must be a whole city somewhere in Thailand where all the "driver fled the scene" people lives. It's name must be "Fled".

He should be made to pay compensation and all hospital bills, that is the law here. Whether he ran away or not, he still broke the law and went through a red light. Has he played the get out of jail free card and  offered to become a monk for 24 hours which is the norm here? 

2 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

Why do so many lie in this country like a child caught with its hand in the cookie saying they were just making sure the jar was full. Just be honest. 

That reminds me of a comment made by one of my past Thai girlfriends when I caught her lying about something. She said, and I quote, "What's wrong with lying? It's so easy." So if that's the general mentality here, we shouldn't be surprised when they lie.

• Like 1

Ran over him running away! Is the clown on something! how is that not running away after running into him  on zebra crossing ran red light ! Oh lm Thai your farang bye video. Shows it all sue him for damages and pain suffering Crikey maybe he learn to stop & think , still cannot find any remorse just appolgies few ???????????? that's it ummmm

1 hour ago, thesetat said:

Hit and run with injuries. This foreigner and his wife, if they have any brains at all. Will threaten police action like criminal charges and court action against the Thai man. As my understanding is if have this kind of accident, then can get several hundred thousand baht in claim against the driver. If they can not settle a monetary amount then the Thai man can be charge criminally and a case for damages and hospital fees can be sued for. The same as a a Thai does to a foreigner that hits them. 

the big problem is getting money from a thai.....most are poor....and probably have NO job......or insurance !!!

4 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

So he's lived here long enough to get himself a wee wifey but he still doesn't know how dangerous pedestrian crossings are here? Perhaps he's too busy shopping for Beer Chang t-shirts and doesn't read the news ????

So if you've lived here for 16 years, shop for "beer Chang t-shirts" and get hit by a vehicle on a zebra crossing with the lights in your favour, then it's your fault? That's reassuring, I don't wear t-shirts or drink beer Chang so I should be safe on the road.

Just now, jesimps said:

So if you've lived here for 16 years, shop for "beer Chang t-shirts" and get hit by a vehicle on a zebra crossing with the lights in your favour, then it's your fault? That's reassuring, I don't wear t-shirts or drink beer Chang so I should be safe on the road.

Pedestrian crossings in Thailand are dangerous. Very dangerous. Use them at your own risk and and if you do, expect to get cleaned up by a nutter like the dude in the D-Max. Or a copper on a Ducati (RIP the good doctor).

There is no "lights in your favor" here mate. It's you and your wits against a very unforgiving environment. I avoid them if I can but if I'm forced to use one I try to be hyper-vigilant so that something like this doesn't happen to me. 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

he insisted he did not run away.

Apologize ???????? I believe you, you just took uff since you were drunk or used drugs. you never ran away.
same story, It repeats the same every time this type happens. 

Edited by The Theory

3 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

Why do so many lie in this country like a child caught with its hand in the cookie saying they were just making sure the jar was full. Just be honest. 

it's in the genes to not tell straightforward anything. avoiding directness... also has to do with responsibility that no one seems to take...

major loss of face here ????

• Like 1